Wrestling Random Thought 2

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com
So last night was Summerslam. I dont think anyone else here was hyped for it.
Main event was Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton.
I didnt see it, but I understand Brock bloodied him up bad. real bad.

Meanwhile; Backstage...
The ending to Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton at WWE SummerSlam, which was pretty much as planned, led to an altercation between Lesnar and Chris Jericho backstage.

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, multiple sources report that Jericho came to the gorilla position as the match ended, apparently to find out exactly what happened and to see if Orton was alright. Jericho was asked WWE producer Michael “PS” Hayes if that was the planned finish and Hayes wouldn’t respond. Jericho then said, “That’s bullshit.”

Jericho’s “bullshit” comment came just as Lesnar was returning backstage. Lesnar, thinking Jericho was talking about the match, called Jericho a “pussy,” according to one version, or just said “shut up,” according to another version, and for Jericho to mind his own business. They came face to face and had words. One version of the story says they were shouting at each other the whole time.

Lesnar reportedly pushed Jericho with his fingers. Jericho then did what was described as the “Rousey-Tate” forehead press. Another version of the story said Jericho shoved Lesnar into the wall at one point. The two were then tangled up against the wall when Lesnar told Jericho to either punch him or kiss him. Triple H then jumped in and broke things up.

The two went at it again but this time Vince McMahon broke it up. Jericho was then yelling about Lesnar and Vince told him that everything was a work, and to be professional.

Triple H reportedly told Vince that Lesnar started the fight, and that Jericho was just standing up for himself. No more words were exchanged but Jericho saw Orton’s condition and got mad. It was noted that Jericho was concerned with Orton’s health and safety, but Orton assured him that he knew what was going to happen.
or maybe it happened this way

The backstage altercation between Brock Lesnar and Chris Jericho did indeed go down last night after WWE SummerSlam, and The Beast made a few statements during the encounter that would’ve caused any average man to piss himself.

Sources tell Pro Wrestling Sheet that Jericho was acting as a locker room leader who truly believed Brock had attacked Randy Orton during the main event, and Y2J was looking for answers.

The Sheet was told Chris was repeatedly asking for clarification from everyone in the Gorilla position, but wasn’t getting answers because backstage footage was still being shot by crew members.

Brock, however, heard Jericho say this was “bullsh*t” and loudly told the longtime wrestler that this was none of his business. That set Y2J off and he continued asking questions, causing Lesnar to push him. When that happened, Jericho rushed in and tried getting face-to-face with The Beast.

We’re told Brock kissed him on the forehead at that point … then said, “kiss me back, p*ssy.”

Our sources say Jericho didn’t back down though. He actually stepped up and got in Lesnar’s face, ready to fight. But Brock responded, with his arms behind his back, saying “hit me or kiss me, bitch” … causing everyone in the area to swarm in and break them apart, including Triple H.

Things didn’t calm down though, and Vince McMahon eventually rushed in to usher Brock away, while yelling at Chris to be more professional. Jericho fired back at his boss, saying Lesnar was the unprofessional one who started “shooting” on his co-worker … to which Vince replied, “It’s a work! What’s wrong with you?!” implying the blood job was planned in some way.

Shortly after, the two sides went their separate ways backstage.

One source tells us they believe Jericho had all the right intentions, but many believe he handled things completely wrong due to his role as one of the longest tenured members of the roster.

Read more at Page Not Found - Wrestlezone

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
how mick foley isnt a total cte much head is a miracle of modern science
He is

He plays the general manager role on Monday Night Raw right now and the other people in the ring with him always have to whisper his lines to him in his ear cause he forgets and there's been a few cases of him even forgetting what city he was in half way through his promo lol

Oct 3, 2006
Man, I'm at that phase again where I am watching WWE again, lol. NXT has been the shit lately it seems, Nakamura and Bobby Roode are the shit on it

May 24, 2002
Okada vs Omega was alright. Not worth all that hype. The match was like 45 minutes and the last 20-15 minutes was the only really good part. Tanahashi vs Okada feud was waaaaay better

Jan 29, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Former WWE performer Matt “Rosey” Anoa’i, an older brother to Roman Reigns and son of Sika of the Wild Samoans, has died, WWE confirmed. He was 47.

A cause of death has not been released, but he had been hospitalized in 2014 with heart disease.
Anoa’i*was trained by his uncles and wrestled in numerous independent promotions before signing with WWE in 2002. He was introduced as a member of “3 Minute Warning” with a cousin who took the ring name Jamal as enforcers for Eric Bischoff, then the RAW general manager.

After Jamal was released, Anoa’i donned a superhero mask and teamed with “Hurricane” Shane Helms and was known as a “Super Hero In Training” during the Attitude Era. The duo won the world tag team titles. Jamal, whose real name is Eddie Fatu, later returned to WWE as Umaga.

The family released a statement Tuesday:
"The Anoa’i family is mourning the loss of Sika's son, Matt aka Rosey, due to an untimely death.*
"We want to let his fans know that he loved them and the wrestling world so much. In his passing, he left three beautiful young children and a heartbroken family. Please respect the privacy of his children and family as they mourn the loss of this kind, loving, gentle man, who was a father, son, brother and a superhero to us all.
“Our family appreciates your prayers and continued support during this very difficult time."

Anoa’i, who wrestled at nearly 400 pounds, was released in 2006 and returned to the independent scene, appearing for various promotions, including ones owned by his family. He also was part of a number of business ventures, including owning a Samoan restaurant in Cincinnati, where he lived.

As a youngster, Anoa’i played high school*football in Florida and later earned a scholarships to the University of Hawaii. After football, he worked as a bouncer in New Orleans before deciding to get into the family business.
“I sat there one night and was looking at the bartender,” Matt told WWE.com in 2012. “He was probably in his 60s. It just dawned on me that I needed to get out of this town and pursue a career. Wrestling became the glove that fit.”

He is survived by his wife and two children.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I watched Power Struggle live last night. Was dope as fuck when Jericho showed up, I was expecting that to be the Switchblade reveal, but all of sudden Jericho hit the screen.

Wrestle Kingdom 12 is looking great so far.

Okada vs. Naito

Jericho vs. Omega

Jay White vs. Tanahashi (should be a good match, but I think that Switchblade gimmick for Jay White is kind of wack)

Cody vs. Ibushi

KES vs. World Tag League winners (can't wait for World Tag League later this month)

Roppongi 3k vs. The Young Bucks

Scurll vs. Ospreay vs. Kushida vs. Hiromu

A grip of people still not even booked yet. Hope Ishii challenges Minoru Suzuki for the NEVER belt. Show is gonna be amazing.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Going down live in 2 hours. Drop that 999yen ($8.87) on njpwworld.com and watch this shit folks, Wrestle Kingdom is always the best wrestling show of the year, better than Wrestlemania.

Final Card

Kazuchika Okada (Champion) vs. Tetsuya Naito - IWGP Heavyweight Championship

Kenny Omega (Champion) vs. Chris Jericho - IWGP United States Championship

Hiroshi Tanahashi (Champion) vs. Jay White - IWGP Intercontinental Championship

Marty Scurll (Champion) vs. Will Ospreay vs. Kushida vs. Hiromu Takahashi - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship

Minoru Suzuki (Champion) vs. Hirooki Goto - NEVER Openweight Championship

Killer Elite Squad (Davey Boy Smith Jr and Lance Archer, Champions) vs. EVIL and Sanada - IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship

Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga, and Tanga Loa (Champions) vs. Ryusuke Taguchi, Juice Robinson, and Togi Makabe vs. War Machine and Michael Elgin vs. Trent Beretta, Toru Yano and Tomohiro Ishii vs. Zack Sabre Jr., Taichi, and Takashi Iizuka - NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Championship

Cody Rhodes vs. Kota Ibushi

Young Bucks vs. Roppongi 3K - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship

Pre Show Match - New Japan Rumble featuring everybody else not booked and probably a few surprises.