Would you pay for a "underground artist verse" and how do you decide

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 14, 2003
most dudes in the NW aint willin to put that kinda money into their album, plain and simple. if you want a hot product, you gotta dish out the cash...

But I also feel that the underground is about helpin eachother out and shit, hookin somebody up wit a deal or something, and most cats aint willin to do shit for another artist.

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
D'struction said:
if you want a hot product, you gotta dish out the cash..
True,but on features.nyope!
I could name off plenty of underground classics that featured a bunch of nobodies,or even 1 or 2 features.I can name a thousand awful albums that featured artists like Yuk,Spice,40

Put your money in production,sound quality,promo/adv.I would think most these kats have gotten to the point where they ain't gonna spend 15 bucks to hear Lynch or JT spit 16 bars.Maybe from a verse off someone else album...lol

Feb 4, 2004
www.infamousent.com
Heavy Rain was just a warm up...that was my first time in the studio

My next ish is going down as a northwest classic and thats it...

sealed signed and soon to be delivered...

matta fact...if u wanna get on my next album...im CHARGING...haha...yea thats wassup...u gotta pay to spit on my shit...10 bucks a bar

and i copped n flight from byrdie at the and 1 game...

sincerely,

the northwest's finest aka dat nigga diggz..

May 6, 2002
mp3.com
the NW game

my two cents.......

I respect what diggz is saying, and what everyone else is saying...here is my two cents....

#1....my biggest problem is not with the scene out here, becuase the people who are REAL players in this scene out here are serious bout their craft and their hustle are not gonna be wack, no matter how you look at it....

It's the people who decide one day they wanna rap and treat it as an easy, quick money maker....THOSE are the albums i hate getting....

People like Diggz, myself, anything from Street Level, Undercaste, Just Family, etc. etc., we take the shit VERY seriously, you know that your gonna get quality product, and if its not the hottest product NOW, you know cats like us have enough love for this game that we gonna do our best to make it the hottest product you can get.

#2 This scene has alot of haters, but at the same time, there is alot of love. There are so many people out here that GENUINELY do care, i think if we all just ignored the bad and focused on the good,
we;d be aloit more productive. I aint trying to preach im just being real about it. I wasnt always like this, but since last year my new thing is to by every local album i get approached with if i had the money.

#3 I CAN see where someone like Diggz is coming from though, in this case, if your an ARTIST with talent, and your spending your HARD EARNED money to support another artist, your gonna want them to put the same effort into it as you do. Imagine being a proffesional basketball player and you pay to go to another hoops game and you see the teams half assing it on the court. You gonna feel like you got cheated.

Anyways,

Thats just me

one love

Neema

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
thearrival said:
the people who are REAL players in this scene out here are serious bout their craft and their hustle are not gonna be wack, no matter how you look at it....

What does it take to be considered a REAL player in NW music?Have a mixed down album?
THE SCENE IS GARBAGE HERE.We got some talented individuals,but overall....ITS AWFUL here.

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
Hey Bammer, you get that new REIGNCRAFT COMPILATION?

I think what it takes to be real in this town is to have enough fans that no matter what a hater says, you are confident that you are getting out to the masses (or lack of mass in this town).

Aug 18, 2004
I have had people pay to get me on their shit and I have also had people pay me money to record a song with me for our shit. It's nothing. One thing is for sure though, if you are charging someone money then you know that if they are willing to put up instead of shut up for their music career then chances are they will do something more then just make a song and not do shit.

Regardless it is all about the building of relationships, if muhfukaz ain't got money to make a collabo happen then you better have something to offer up I mean regardless

I feel what 151 said about people on the same level doing things with one another on a trade, and that makes sense for those people to do those things. So the people that are local and not doing shit or doing minor shit it makes sense to do little joints with one another and make it happen like that.