Will you pass a pretrial drug test if you drank alcohol 60 hours ago?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 23, 2006
If you drank alcohol (6 beers or so) about 60 hours ago will you pass a pretrial services drug test? Sorry to post this here but "my friend" needs this answer fast and no one looks in the detox forum. I'm not sure what kind of drug test they use for pretrial services so I don't know how long it will be detectable. Once again sorry for posting this here.

Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com
i dont think alch shows up in your system 60 hours later no matter how much you drink.

My roommates friend/coworker got wasted with him and the next morning he backed into someones car at work so he had to take a breathalyzer and blew under the limit.

Mar 18, 2003
I think it's safe to say once the effects of alcohol alre completely gone (ie. hangover), then it is out of your system. But if it's for something serious, I would go to walgreens and get a home test kit.

Apr 25, 2002
for pretrial it's probably a dip test that only tests for the standard 5 panel. If they send it to the lab alcohol CAN be detected for up to the 3 days. They test for traces of ethanol in the urine.

Jul 9, 2007
It takes an hour for each ounce of alcohol to get out of your system,so if u drank a 40 oz it takes 40 hours to be out of your system.
I think it is actually about one hour for each ounce of alcohol. Not every ounce of beer just the actual alcohol which in beer is a low percent. That's what they told me at my court ordered drug and alcohol abuse classes anyway.

AlcoholicLoser

I drink a lot of beer
Jun 3, 2002
Oregon Coast
i read on google that it can stay in your system up to 80 hours, but im sure thats for the hardcore alcoholics that drink 5ths of vodka everyday.

i think if u just had a 6 pack u should be fine, just drink some ocean spray and lots of water so u can piss a few times before your test

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
There are two issues you guys are confusing:

1) alcohol 'remaining in your system', most people have been right its about an hour a 'drink' but thats how long you actually have a BAL above 0.0. thats not his question, his questions is:

2) what can be tested for, there are a bunch of different the most common will only get you if youve been drinking in the last 24 hours, but, if they really want to check--like its a condition of your probation and they have a reason to suspect you've been drinking--they can test for metabolites that are going to still be present up to a week after you've been drunk.