WILL RAP EVER FALL OFF??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 15, 2006
If rap is really falling off nation wide ,speaking in terms of sales. Has anyone ever really thought about how much rap there is already released. I got a homie that got a real big collection of bay shit and today I was slappin a couple classics Ak ds No rules, big lugos gangsta talk, and old celly cel.And i just realized theres hella rap out there mane and its all shittin on this new day shit. If rap ever fell off would it really be a bad thing?

Apr 23, 2008
Indy
I know it seems most people dont buy cds anymore. But the good news is people still listen to rap so it will always be around. I personally would rather own the actual cd than have a bunch of songs on my computer or ipod.

Jul 25, 2007
mainstream rap already did. Hip Hop/RnB and Trance finally found eachother and fucked now its what these fuckin kids like nowadays.

ET23

Sicc OG
May 22, 2008
as long as there is rappers, rap won't fall off. As for Lil' Wayne, Kanye, Soulja Boy, Jay-Z, Eminem, these are the mainstream guys that keeping rap "alive" & relevant- as their sales & airplay exist much more than others.

ET23

Sicc OG
May 22, 2008
Soulja Boy keepin rap "alive"??? LOL

get the fuck outta here with that shit!!
not in the sense of keepin' it "good" but alive yes...meaning he sells units for rap and keeps it relevant with the kids.
Listen to The World is Cold or The Best he's stepping his shit up though.

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
considering Soulja Boy rap should be sacrilegious....

that shit should be considered dance music.....but i agree with whut your saying other than that....Rap music needs the cornball mainstream rappers who keep it in the fore front of the mass publics minds to be able to have the underground rappers who actually are dope and have skills

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
as long as there is rappers, rap won't fall off. As for Lil' Wayne, Kanye, Soulja Boy, Jay-Z, Eminem, these are the mainstream guys that keeping rap "alive" & relevant- as their sales & airplay exist much more than others.
lil wayne,kanye & soulja boy isn't real rap,they make faggot pop music,,,,so u are incorrect because they helpin make hip hop die with thier gay music.

Jul 25, 2007
not in the sense of keepin' it "good" but alive yes...meaning he sells units for rap and keeps it relevant with the kids.
Listen to The World is Cold or The Best he's stepping his shit up though.
The only Soulja id bump is Soulja Slim. Fuck listening to soulja boy.

ET23

Sicc OG
May 22, 2008
lil wayne,kanye & soulja boy isn't real rap,they make faggot pop music,,,,so u are incorrect because they helpin make hip hop die with thier gay music.
to you it may be "gay music" but infact it turns into millions of plays & sales with people who like this music...so infact they make hip hop thrive if or even if you are not a fan. I'm not saying you have to like them my point was it won't die as long as artists like them carry the load & keep rap in the spotlight.

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
to you it may be "gay music" but infact it turns into millions of plays & sales with people who like this music...so infact they make hip hop thrive if or even if you are not a fan. I'm not saying you have to like them my point was it won't die as long as artists like them carry the load & keep rap in the spotlight.
the reason that they get so much air play iz because the people that run mtv & the radio stations dont really know much about rap music.soulja boy,kanye west & lil wayne make soft ass gay music that mostly fagz listen to.