WHY IS THE NORTHWEST FORUM DEAD?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 15, 2008
This sum bull. I live in Atlanta & I come here to see what we got going on in the NW. I go to every other forum and they stay wit sumn going on and I come back here and everythings dead. If you got a release coming or you are working on something post the info on here. We need to let everybody know what we doing, yeah we know but other cats come on here & it makes it look like we ain't doin sh*t.

This is BOBBI G and I'm finishing up my self titled E.P. one of the song I have recorded is called "Long Arms & Deep Pockets" with The Game and Yukmouth which will be the first or second single.

UR TURN....

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
I try to contribute whenever possible

unfortunately the biggest threads that spark the most interest and the most people participate in are the ones that your making fun of someone or exposing someone or just being negative in general and me as a moderator I cant partake in that type of stuff anymore :(

I could make 10 threads right now in here saying "Support Freddy Freds from down the streets new album comming out in 2 weeks" and at most id get 3 responses in here like "thats cool" or "whos gonna be on it?" or "is it really comming out this time?" and the thread would die out by tuesday night lol

I could and have made 10 threads saying hi im "DJ so and so" and im working at "insert popular strip club name here" come visit me for a free drink or something and Id get the same result

so in closing I feel you on the NW forum being dead but hey it could always be worse look at the Jus Family forum and see how alive that is people now a days are giving up on the music business and working square jobs and are not as excited about underground local music as they used to be therefor the result is less activites in internet message boards about the subject

There is a silver lining though and that is everyone that participates in this forum is gonna continue to do so and eventually somethings get sparked and breaking news happens in the NW just dont expect an overwhelming response to your thread about your friend or favorite rap artists upcomming show in the NW because statistically speaking only 5 people will respond in here on average lol

Nov 30, 2002
artists around here arent consistent.. they drop a hot album.. and thats it for a couple years.. "coming may 2008"... yeah right, i'll expect it by may 2009/2010.. NW has some heat.. alot of anticipated albums./.. but thats all they are.. anticipated

Aug 15, 2008
We Need To Work Together

This sh*t is frustrating because a nigga love the NW but we gotta step our sh*t up. What do ya'll think we would have to do to get this sh*t poppin? The artists/DJs/Promoters/Directors/Website Owners and whoever else financially has the ability to press up and promote a project need to come together and cross promote, release their projects (DVDs/CDs/Ringtones-Singles/CLOTHING LINES/ETC) one after another, and setup a tour (even if it's on some city to city open mic sh*t)....But bein a NW native I know that alot of cats at home seem to dispise working with other local acts unless they know them personally, can make take the majority of the money from the venture or some other bullsh*t

Nov 30, 2002
we need to be more consistent... not consistently inconsistent...

put out real release dates - if you dont know it... dont post it up
you ran out of money for your project? - budget yourself better
youre working on too much other shit? - limit yourself to what will really move you ahead

this shit aint easy.. and with the market down for EVERYTHING makes it that much harder.. specially for us around here who cant eat off of music..

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
The forum is dead because 2/3 Mods average about 1 post a month between them, and the other Mod, 95% of his posts are "I'm working at a strip club this weekend", or making fun of Khevlar. Not that thats necessarily a bad thing, but 95%? Really? Nothing else to talk about?

If this was the presidential debates, and the moderator just sat there saying, "Do you guys have anything to talk about? No? Seriously? I don't really have any questions to ask you...so..." -- they'd be fired the next morning, end of story. Why this forum is the polar opposite of that is mind-boggling to me. This is what happens when you appoint people to a largely ceremonial role, and give them literally no expectations or oversight.

There is little reason for new users/artists to come here, and even less of a reason for former users/artists to come back. There is not a daily/weekly supply of MP3s for download, no Reaper Radio, no Album Reviews to check out, no YouTube videos posted.....no nothing. 'Every once in a while' does not cut it.

That all aside

I am willing to do what I can to reach out to some artists, and see if I can get their songs in MP3 format, up for download. Not MySpace streaming, not any kind of streaming, but download. The real deal. The web space and hosting is already bought and paid for. For me to do this, and really believe this is a change for the good.....I need to feel like something is happening. I need to see someone get fired. This isn't a paying job anyways, so it shouldn't be a big deal...right? ...Right.

WayCide-Ridah

Evergreen Hustlah
Sep 13, 2005
Tha Eva Green
i try to checc this part out on a daily basis...but most posts don't really have anything worthwhile for my personal taste to reply to. most just bullshit or it's alot of old posts that are still up...we don't have a steady dialog in here and it's pretty dead....but i do love the NW...ain't no place like it and i'll support any and all that comes out with something worthwhile i.e. music, clothing, concerts, and such

Premo

Face Scrunched Lookn Rude
Aug 1, 2004
NASWIPP. A subdivision of IKSRTFO
fuck the forum nw hiphop was flourishing last time i was out there .. its been a few years but theres always hella spots/club nights/battles/ random cyphers/blunt sessions poppin off downtown and hella shows going down and there is a shitload of artists that are dope and puttin in footwork who hardly never get a mention on here

Mar 25, 2003
www.myspace.com
^^cats who aren't getting mentioned on here should try and make the effort to get online and market themselves more through digital opportunities such as this one, and I don't want to hear the excuse "we don't have time to get on the internet"...lol if you have time to wake up in the morning and holler at chicks or roll a blunt or fuck it to get dressed you have time to promote your brand and business

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
Come see me tonight at the Room and we can have a round table discussion on how to improve the NW forum and bring it back to glory!