WHY DO YOU THINK DAGO HAS NO RAP SUPERSTAR ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 23, 2005
ITS MORE ABOUT A SUPPORT STRUCTURE THEN ANYTHING.THAT MEANS BY DJ`s ,MEDIA AND FANS. ITS MORE ARTIST IN SD THAT DONT SUPPORT OTHER ARTIST THEN MOST PLACES.NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THE CITY SHINE AS A WHOLE, JUST THEY HOMIES. TO MANY RAPPERS or CHIEFS AND NOT ENOUGH INDIANS or FANS. WHEN DAGO CAN LOOK PASS ITS DIFFERENCES AND EMBRASS ITS MUSICAL POWER MOVERS ITS GONNA BLOW SKY HIGH.YET BEING A SOUTHERN CALIFORIA CITY THE PEOPLE WILL NOT EXCEPT A HEAD FIGURE WITHOUT STREET CRED. SO THE AVERAGE JOE RAP CATS THATS JUST LIRICAL ARE NOT IN A POSITION TO BRAKE THE CITY OPEN TO MAINSTREAM STARDOM. SAN DIEGO WILL NOT EXCEPT THAT IMAGE AS WHO ITS STREETS ARE OR WHAT NIGGA`s REP LIKE. SAN DIEGO IS MORE COMFORTABLE WITH A GANGSTA PERSONA. NOW LOOK AT THE OPTIONS AND SEE THE DIVISION AND WHY SAN DIEGAINS HATE ON ONE ANOTHER POLITICALLY STREET WISE. NOW RE READ THE FIRT PART OF THIS WITH A CLOSER UNDERSTANDING OF THE CITY`s HIP HOP SUPERSTAR DILIMA.

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
RASAN true but do you think there is a difference between what the music industry wants and the fans want? There are so many people making certain type of songs cause they are in the mindset of thinking its gonna help them get a deal, which makes alot of the music redundant. Sure it is hard to be original, and i always hear that people view the current situation in rap and its declining sales due to same lyrical content..I.E. Guns, drugs, killing which is a load of crap. There are rappers out there that rap about all sorts of shit...but lets keep it real..damn there is only so much a person really can rap about...what they should rap about the dow jones and stock reports...global warming? I have no solution..like i said the days of getting a deal are numbered and they are signing less and less, and the deals people do get might be just some distribution. It is my opinion that people need to go back to just being themselves rap about whatever they wanna rap about, whatever is in their heart, and rap over beats that they are inspired by..not what style they thinks gonna get em a deal..

I-ROCC

CEO of Money Hungry/Hottest Underground N**ga in t
May 5, 2002
LUNICOLEONE.COM
I don't think there's a difference at all.the Music industry only wants what's gonna equal to Money and that's sells,downloads,ringtones and radio play.So at the end of the day I think its safe to say they want what the Majority of the fans want OR they want whatever the Fans that are running out and spending their money want

And its sad to say we all have ears and we know what people have lower'd their standards to

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
I-ROCC said:
I don't think there's a difference at all.the Music industry only wants what's gonna equal to Money and that's sells,downloads,ringtones and radio play.So at the end of the day I think its safe to say they want what the Majority of the fans want OR they want whatever the Fans that are running out and spending their money want

And its sad to say we all have ears and we know what people have lower'd their standards to
you seem like you been through this shit irocc..i agree with all of that..

money dosent equal a true music fan..true music fans have heard the story of how rappers and artists get a dollar per cd..you expect a true music fan who cares about that shit to respect that..hell nah..

thats why niggas is downloading....all the bullshit record labels and artists pulled, is coming back to them...the consumer didnt respect the move and is striking back..its almost like when a president goes bad on a nation...the people fight against it sooner or later..

at the end of the day i think the regular listener realizes that rappers and normal people like them have more in common, than rappers try to make it look like...and thats what a listener is reaching for...someone to explain how they feel...thats why eminem did so well with the white kids.

everyone aint killed someone but theres alot of people that can relate to gangsta shit depending on how far you take it..

you say alot of intelligent shit on subjects like this, thanks fa postin homie

your riht...the days of creativity making major money is over..if sd wants to be sd...dont expect alot of money in the beginning of this..

Apr 2, 2005
We dont have niggas thats willin to compromise they manhood to make a dollar. Its kinda good to me our rappers aint sold out. Its not quality thats missin because ill put criket beats against anybody,and ill put Mitchy raps against anybody. I say makem come to yall dont make a dance up dont let Puffy see you naked just make quality shit everytime not some of the time

Sep 12, 2007
NOBODY IS SPEAKN ON THE SAN DIEGO MUSIC SCENE SALES IN THE CITY.THE BIG SHOTS PAY ATTENTION TO NUMBERS WHEN PROJECTS DROP.IF U NOT MOVE`N UNITS AND HAVE A GROWING BUZZ OUTSIDE YO AREA YOU REPPIN U DONT EVEN COME UP ON RADAR.THE TOP THINGS NEEDED IS TALENT,BIG EXPOSURE RESOURSE,BUSINESS PROFESSIOALISM INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF WHERE U FROM.ALL THIS WITH THE FACT OF A MANIFESTATION OF GROWING SUPPORT AND A STAR IS BORN. IT TAKES A LOT OF PEOPLE AND ALOT OF MOVES AND TIME TO TRUELY MAKE IT ( CALLED PAYN DUES).

Sep 12, 2007
DIG IT!

COOPDVILL said:
^^^ i agree but what would you consider paying dues? because there is a good majority of SD artist that has paid homage or dues and still srtuggling with this rap shit.
HIP-HOP HAS A HISTORY OF STRUGGLE EVERYWHERE FIRST OF ALL.NOW KNOWING THAT YOU LOOK AT SAN DIEGO`S HIP-HOP HISTORY AS YOU WOULD ANYWHERE ESLE AND ASK IF SD KNOW ITS OWN HISTORY AND RESPECT IT. BECAUSE MUSICALLY THAT WHAT YOU TRUELY STAND FOR. RAP MUSIC IS INFUSED WITH CULTURE AND CAUSE JUST LIKE THE USA POLITICS OR GANGBANGIN. WHO ARE THE O.G`S WHERE ARE THE FOR FATHERS OF SD MUSIC SOME OF THE FOUNDERS. AND DID YOU EVER SUPPORT THEM OR DO YOU SUPPORT THEM RAP DIDNT JUST START IN SD.IF I WAS THE ASK L.A, NEW YORK, ATL OR HOUSTON THEY WOULD ALL NAME OFF REPECTED CATS THAT HAD PAVED THE WAY FOR THEM HISTORICLY.THATS FOUNDATION AND NOBODY HATES ON THAT THATS WHAT U STAND FOR BEYOND DISLIKES. YOU GOT TO BELIEVE IN IT TO TRUELY GIVE FINANCIAL AND HONEST SUPPORT.YOU WANT RESPECT YOU HAVE TO GIVE RESPECT. YOU HAVE TO HAVE RESPECT FOR WHAT YOU WANT TO BE RESPECTED. AND THAT SHOWS THE VALUE OF STREETCRED .

CoopDVill

Super Moderator
May 4, 2003
www.facebook.com
WestCoastLife said:
HIP-HOP HAS A HISTORY OF STRUGGLE EVERYWHERE FIRST OF ALL.NOW KNOWING THAT YOU LOOK AT SAN DIEGO`S HIP-HOP HISTORY AS YOU WOULD ANYWHERE ESLE AND ASK IF SD KNOW ITS OWN HISTORY AND RESPECT IT. BECAUSE MUSICALLY THAT WHAT YOU TRUELY STAND FOR. RAP MUSIC IS INFUSED WITH CULTURE AND CAUSE JUST LIKE THE USA POLITICS OR GANGBANGIN. WHO ARE THE O.G`S WHERE ARE THE FOR FATHERS OF SD MUSIC SOME OF THE FOUNDERS. AND DID YOU EVER SUPPORT THEM OR DO YOU SUPPORT THEM RAP DIDNT JUST START IN SD.IF I WAS THE ASK L.A, NEW YORK, ATL OR HOUSTON THEY WOULD ALL NAME OFF REPECTED CATS THAT HAD PAVED THE WAY FOR THEM HISTORICLY.THATS FOUNDATION AND NOBODY HATES ON THAT THATS WHAT U STAND FOR BEYOND DISLIKES. YOU GOT TO BELIEVE IN IT TO TRUELY GIVE FINANCIAL AND HONEST SUPPORT.YOU WANT RESPECT YOU HAVE TO GIVE RESPECT. YOU HAVE TO HAVE RESPECT FOR WHAT YOU WANT TO BE RESPECTED. AND THAT SHOWS THE VALUE OF STREETCRED .
I THINK I HEAR YA BUT THAT DIDNT ANWSER MY QUESTION! BUT I KNOW A BIT ABOUT THE HISTORY OF SD RAP AND HAVE ALWAYS SUPPORTED ONE OF THE REASON WHY I MOVED OUT HERE!!! BUT WHAT DOES KNOWING ABOUT THE HISTORY OF RAP HAVE TO DO WITH PAYING DUES?

I-ROCC

CEO of Money Hungry/Hottest Underground N**ga in t
May 5, 2002
LUNICOLEONE.COM
WestCoastLife said:
LOL,wtf??? What?????????

Aug 23, 2005
Good to know niggas study they trade.

COOPDVILL said:
I THINK I HEAR YA BUT THAT DIDNT ANWSER MY QUESTION! BUT I KNOW A BIT ABOUT THE HISTORY OF SD RAP AND HAVE ALWAYS SUPPORTED ONE OF THE REASON WHY I MOVED OUT HERE!!! BUT WHAT DOES KNOWING ABOUT THE HISTORY OF RAP HAVE TO DO WITH PAYING DUES?
I know to {bubble} it takes time and some hard ass work knowing you want see shit for a long time. Because when you have nothing you have to build from the ground up establishing your contacts and support base you run into jelousy, personal agendas,street politics and hate bullshit.And all that is constant so you cant let this stuff take yo motivation or break yo spirit.Most of all turn you into the same thing you up against a better haten ass nigga. San Diego got alot of this going on from gangs ,DJ`s, promotion teams and music clicks. The lack of real unity in San Diego is whats holding San Diego back. Because alot of dude been putting in work and maken power moves for a long ass time yall.And these a different dudes from every hood aswel as back pack cats.But in San Diego only yo homies give you props only yo hood give you props,only yo kick give you props only girls give you props and strangers from outside the regular DAGO mantality.Not to mention the lack of DJ and radio support for locals.San Diego seems like its plague is nobody wants to see nobody else win.If you get close the hate start and all the other strugglen clicks join the hate bandwagon.Everybody got to start maken a stand not to be that hate in a bucket pullin down the nigga whos closest to getting out.Support is paying dues too.

Nov 2, 2005
Yeah, the dj`s,promoters and media have alot to do with it.And I guess history plays a roll too.Back round always give you a nucleous and core to expand from.But it boils down to who the people believe in and feels deserve the star reputation and money.San Diego`s got to be comfortable with the face of its front runner.Right now its just confused fans and struggling artist fighting eachother for the little light they can get.Once someone kick the doors off in a BIG WAY everybody can get real money.Just like the ATL. Who`s best prepaired as a businessman and posses all the means and respect to BOSS up wit BOSSES and show LOVE as an AMBASSIDOR of DAGO to bring home the tourch? Thats the question.

Sep 12, 2007
Yeah DAGO got patiential superstars. Always have tho!

HeaterVille said:
DAGO DOES HAVE SUPERSTARS ITS UP TO DAGO FOLKS TO PUT EM ON THAT LEVEL....

To make a superstar it takes more then one place or one city to put you on seriously.I agree SD got to take some responsablity in maken it unfold to the masses.Because it starts wit San Diego wanting it to happen first. Alot of peeps said real stuff and made good points on this post,tho.

Sep 7, 2006
www.myspace.com
i think sd got too many haters and plus it seems like there are too many artists and not enough fans.

And who do yall think has potential in sd? Name some artists, because i dont know. All i could think of is Mitchy Slick and Ecay.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
everyone has potential.

but its the 'powers that be' that keep them from shining.

and im not talking a everyday rich white man as the 'powers that be'...im talking about..

people like you, and me...it might even be you stopping one of these rappers..and you readin this thinkin that wasnt a real comment..

from the nigga who funds the album to the nigga who has creative heresay aka 'big homie' to the niggas who make album covers, to the niggas on they album and the yes men, the niggas that get jealous in the town..niggas that wont give someone a show..

im not airing anyone out on the sly that i wont say they name..im just sayin..dont be gassin up these rappers then blockin them out

they just want they album out
or a chance just to make a little bread and see people react to they creation at the same time

if this city wasnt so fucking greedy..and everyone didnt just care about themselves....wed blow up

but that will NEVER happen.

id almost rather niggas record shit at they house in a soundproof booth and burn it on a cd then try to act all fucking cool and sell meth for a few months to get studio time, get a professional cd cover and shrinkwrap and jewel case etc etc etc if its gonna take god damn six years for your album to drop...

then your shit sells fucking 6 copies..

just burn that shit while your hot

you aint del the funky homosapien of gangsta rap or some shit..you dont get to take 5 years off of rappin and come back like your the fucking king

this city is hilarious...but i love it and i got pride for yall but ill always be real about some of this shit

and id say some really foul shit about this city...but i wont..because i really think its just an issue where 4-5 people just need to be murdered to make san diego better and ill keep that 'on the streets'...is that ok to say? i mean..i dont advocate murder...but they need to dissapear somehow...and none of them post on siccness so dont come at me with that whodunit shit