Why do people hate on ap9

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 23, 2013
I was about to post a dope ass track that would make all of you bow down and quit rap.

but I cant figure out how to connect my karaoke machine to the computer
So when did the normal music listener become sound techs,that's one thing that's always made me laugh at one time the listener would listen alsong as the quality was half decent and u can understand what was going on.
Nowadays everyone is a sound guy and knows if u mixed it good enuff or not lmao.maybe it's because fans now days are also artists /producers who don't get no love...so they look for anything to criticize since they all are seasoned professional rappers mixers producers and anything else need to make musica.
I know that reply made me go of topic lol
I know for a fact since day 1 I've had tracks that slapped in the trunk and some that didn't some from the best studios and some from ur back yard closet studio.lol

May 6, 2008
30's East Oakland, Ca
So when did the normal music listener become sound techs,that's one thing that's always made me laugh at one time the listener would listen alsong as the quality was half decent and u can understand what was going on.
Nowadays everyone is a sound guy and knows if u mixed it good enuff or not lmao.maybe it's because fans now days are also artists /producers who don't get no love...so they look for anything to criticize since they all are seasoned professional rappers mixers producers and anything else need to make musica.
I know that reply made me go of topic lol
I know for a fact since day 1 I've had tracks that slapped in the trunk and some that didn't some from the best studios and some from ur back yard closet studio.lol
My reasoning for not liking bad quality is because I've always been around professionals, my dad used to do music and mix/master tracks on his days off and also did soundtracks for games.

My girl's an Audio Engineer, my brothers do music, my Uncle does music, stepdad did music. Always been around it.

I myself don't do music, but I don't like hearing bullshit quality either.

Know what you're talking about before you speak. A closet studio doesn't have to sound like shit, if you don't have skill enough to make it sound good then maybe you should go pay for studio time.

And a USB mic isn't an excuse.

Mar 23, 2013
My reasoning for not liking bad quality is because I've always been around professionals, my dad used to do music and mix/master tracks on his days off and also did soundtracks for games.

My girl's an Audio Engineer, my brothers do music, my Uncle does music, stepdad did music. Always been around it.

I myself don't do music, but I don't like hearing bullshit quality either.

Know what you're talking about before you speak. A closet studio doesn't have to sound like shit, if you don't have skill enough to make it sound good then maybe you should go pay for studio time.

And a USB mic isn't an excuse.
I can respect what ur saying nuthing wrong with that then again my post was regarding alot of fans nowadays not just u that being said,my point exactly it didn't matter what u use aslong as ur sound engineer knows what he or she is doing.
If someone is asked to post they music and they let it be know qualitys not the best then that's that I don't think it's excuse they just know they could have a better recording doesn't mean he can't rap or his music doesn't have subtince it just means his mixing isn't the best.
Don't get me wrong there's alot of music I think sucks and alot is tight u may think what I like is weak and what u like I may think its weak to each is own it will always be that way.:siccness:

May 6, 2008
30's East Oakland, Ca
I can respect what ur saying nuthing wrong with that then again my post was regarding alot of fans nowadays not just u that being said,my point exactly it didn't matter what u use aslong as ur sound engineer knows what he or she is doing.
If someone is asked to post they music and they let it be know qualitys not the best then that's that I don't think it's excuse they just know they could have a better recording doesn't mean he can't rap or his music doesn't have subtince it just means his mixing isn't the best.
Don't get me wrong there's alot of music I think sucks and alot is tight u may think what I like is weak and what u like I may think its weak to each is own it will always be that way.:siccness:
Indeed, I've just always been picky when it comes to the quality. And in his initial post he didn't say that the quality wasn't up to par with the artist he's trying to discredit.

Other than that, he probably does have some substance to his music, but I still didn't like he flow and he isn't good enough to say he's the best rapper on the siccness by far.

Anyway, everyone has their own personal style of music, I grew up on Mob Figaz and Suga Free. Before that it was Seagram, Luniz, E40, etc.. I'm about to be 23, but well seasoned on my music.

And to go with your point, I don't like most of this new party music, but I listen when one of the Mob Figaz drops somethin, or someone from that era, because I know it's gunna be the style of music I want to hear. Hence why AP.9 is still one of the top rappers I listen to, because I know what I'm getting when I listen to his music.

Props: Rocko Piko
Feb 4, 2005
Too many bitches and haters in and around the rap game and they think this shit a game show or some movie with characters. They forget or don't know nigz like AP been through some real shit to get to where he at now and he still doing his thing and consistently making dope music.

Keep doing you AP.

Feb 8, 2003
I realize I'm in a lose/lose here because y'all will be looking for any and every reason to say it's wack but it is what it is.

A @abarnes , no, it's actually a discredit to most of the "rappers" that post here.

another self overrated unknown. No fans no followers no supports just on your own dick living fantasy world.

Props: abarnes
Feb 8, 2003
Of course you do, everyone says that because everyone knows 1639 rappers personally these days. I'll be the first to admit that I need to work on my delivery and some of those songs weren't mastered and recorded with a usb mic and a laptop, but lyrically there is probably a lot that you're missing that i'm saying unless you really gave everything a thorough listen
if you know your shit needs work and not mixed/mastered etc then why present it to the public? that makes no sense bc people gonna judge you on what they hear and it will ruin most wanting to hear more if u get your shit right.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
because it was a hobby. I had no intent on making any money on it so I obviously wasn't going to dump a bunch of money into it either. I felt I had something to say and accomplished that. But I've heard plenty of dudes trying to sell their music on here and even on the radio that were pretty rough. I didn't come asking for an evaluation on the mixing and mastering. As far as content, wordplay, and lyrics, it's well above average, especially for this site.