Why are these new unsigned rappers so lazy?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2003
The reason I did this post was I am unhappy with the direction rap is headed. I mean its not very often that you can even hear a good cd anymore, I bought that Lbc crew cd and was disapointed there were only 3 goodtracks but I mean to each his own. I just wish alot of these rappers that claim they are going to bring hip hop back, bring the west back, would just put out a good damn cd I give a fuck about what your going to bring back. I just want something good to listen to. tired of getting my hopes up about a rappers cd dropping and then it never does, fuck that. I know im not in the business but as a fan Im gonna say how I feel, the fans are putting money in the artists pockets so of course they need to hear the fans out about what we are feeling, so I say this much lets take it back to the days when you could listen to a full cd, lets bring back the lyrical side and beats, make me want to run to the record store to pick your shit up instead of pass by it. I went from loving rap to not liking it so much, to kind of hating it. I want to love it again but I need something to love point blank.
i wasnt referring to u i was talking about ol boy. i see wat u trying to say but if you want your thoughts heard make a blog, post on twitter, facebook or a label/artist website. not to sound funny but your definitely not gonna be heard by the people that u want to hear it by posting it on this site bc majority of the world dont even know it exists. u probaly can get the message more effective on facebook and twitter. only thing nit gonna pay u attention bc they doing wat the labels want or wats hot at the moment.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
lets get something straight u dont know nothing about me i dont give a fuck about being a rapper yeah i did music in the past but i dont care bout that it like that now after seeing it isnt wat it used to be and everybody wanna be a rapper. im mature i had some good times w,, made money and had opportunities with music and after being exposed to some skept shit in music i decided thats not wat i wanna do with my life if i make music now it would be for the hell of it or because i still have fans that wanna hear something from me. i moved on ti bigger and better things im doing very well with my life i own a very successful business here and will be opening another in june. also im getting into films i have a new business partner im investing we making a map of shit now. im not a hoodlum with boy rapper dreams no more im a man with visions. so dont come at me crazy no more i know who u are. u that lame wanna be soccer player jewish dude.
For the record, I am not jewish, not that it matters much. However, I didn't try to be insulting, I haven't heard your music, for all I know, it may be very good, I just happen to have seen the album covers, and I wish you good luck in everything you do. The problem I was pointing out is that if rappers themselves see rap music as business/hustle rather than as an art form, then it is not at all surprising that it so easily succumbed to the evil forces of corporate America. Not at all surprising.

Feb 8, 2003
For the record, I am not jewish, not that it matters much. However, I didn't try to be insulting, I haven't heard your music, for all I know, it may be very good, I just happen to have seen the album covers, and I wish you good luck in everything you do. The problem I was pointing out is that if rappers themselves see rap music as business/hustle rather than as an art form, then it is not at all surprising that it so easily succumbed to the evil forces of corporate America. Not at all surprising.
well thats how it is these days with music biz its all bout making the money then artform(mainly bc alot of artists dont have nothing in life to fall back on except music or the dope game). theres nothing non of us on here can do to change it bc the majority of the world buying into it, so our voices not strong enough to change anything.

Apr 25, 2002
j

thats not always true. soulja boy a "brand" his last album only sold under 16000 units. snoop isnt shitty he pretty good he has longevity and stays in his own zone and do his own thing.
breh, if your gonna compare Snoop to Soulja Boy then you must be Soulja Boys age.......Snoop is a brand, Soulja Boy is just a rap star.....Soulja Boy is not even in the same library as Snoop.........

Look up Snoops resume, outside of rap, and then go ahead and include rap........seriously........

Look up SB's resume, aside from his rap web pages/videos......he aint no fuckin brand and he never will be......

Feb 8, 2003
breh, if your gonna compare Snoop to Soulja Boy then you must be Soulja Boys age.......Snoop is a brand, Soulja Boy is just a rap star.....Soulja Boy is not even in the same library as Snoop.........

Look up Snoops resume, outside of rap, and then go ahead and include rap........seriously........

Look up SB's resume, aside from his rap web pages/videos......he aint no fuckin brand and he never will be......

wat the fuck u talking about go back reread. dude was saying snoop is shitty only sells bc he a brand and i said thats not true(basically giving snoop props) and that soulja boy a brand too but he didnt sell. and soulja boy is a brand it dont matter how many more abums snoop has point is they both brands. soulja boy has lines of merchandise, cartoons, dances, headline tours, etc. but i dont gotta explain myself on here to somebody who dont read all of whats posted.

Apr 25, 2002
wat the fuck u talking about go back reread. dude was saying snoop is shitty only sells bc he a brand and i said thats not true(basically giving snoop props) and that soulja boy a brand too but he didnt sell. and soulja boy is a brand it dont matter how many more abums snoop has point is they both brands. soulja boy has lines of merchandise, cartoons, dances, headline tours, etc. but i dont gotta explain myself on here to somebody who dont read all of whats posted.

i read all what you posted, my conclusion is you have no idea what you speak of.....

lol dances and headlining dont make you a brand.......SB had a big ass song a few years back and parlayed it into a career........but he is not a house hold name....he dont do a quarter of the shit Snoop is involved in, just cus his name is "Snoop"......understand what a brand is before you call Soulja Boy one........thats all im sayin......he is far from.....

Feb 8, 2003
wrong. soulja boy is a brand he a household name also he had more then one hit kiss me thru the phone, turn my swag on, bird walk, pretty boy swagg, to name a few. for u to think different u bout a simple bias muhfucka. snoop even kissed his ass for some songs after he dissed him. get your shit straight u the bias one who dont know wat u talking about. now im done with this lame ass thread

Nov 8, 2007
i see nipsey got brought up. In my opinio Nipsey Hussle should have been signed to a better label than warner. He different than many rappers and has potential to be bigger. i feel as though he has gotten better and flow is dope.

from The Marathon Mixtape to what hes dropping now he is really on his Grind.

my favorite track from nipsey and has been on repeat ever since it has dropped.

Dec 3, 2009
Yeah some rappers lazy...
some just don't like the wack game..
but like you said..rappers like TEch N9ne''said..
fuck the industry and made money on they own..
cause they really wanted it!!