whos really selln units out the trunk

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 10, 2005
i wanna who really is sellin cds out the trunk honestly how many do they move im tryin 2 get game im not askin as a fan that just noisy im tryin 2 see if i can really buble off this shit r is it a weaste of time

is there anybody thats really sellin atleast thousand or 2 each album out the trunk

im finna come out wit my mixtape in a matter of weeks album comin late this year feat mistah f.a.b and others

Mar 8, 2006
I think anyone in here that is makin music sells units out the trunk (or a backpack or whatever else they sell 'em out of). It ain't really as hard as it seems if you put in the time, feel me? I mean if you went hard for about 4-5 hours a day, even on a bad day you could sell 15-20 CDs. The issue is can you take bein told "no" and keep it movin or will you tuck tail and quit after an hour of not selling anything. Its just like wit any sales, its about averages. You gotta be out there, feel me? A lotta cats press CDs and sit on 'em. Put 'em in local stores and don't do any promotion and then wonder why they don't move any units. You just gotta go all in or don't do it all. Shit, it always helps to have something to play it on. Myself for instance, I'll buy what you sellin if its quality. I don't even necessarily mean the subject matter, but the more the music quality and the packaging. And don't try to jook your shit for $10 when ain't nobody heard of you or when its in a slim jewlcase with writing on the CD, feel me? I mean you can barely get cats to pay $5 on the street when you got barcodes and the whole nine. Think of it this way...In the stores you get about $5-6 bucks (unless you're really known and get $8), so sellin 'em for $5 is a come-up. You're essentially making 500% profit. Havin' two different CDs is a good way to hustle 'em too. Then you can give 'em the $8 each or 2 for $10 joog. Do ya thing Playboy!! Good luck...If you need an inexpensive but professional way to get mixtapes pressed and packaged, hit me...

Choze

Aug 7, 2003
ok, heres my theory. if you sell cds out the trunk you do not lose money unless your stupid and sell your cd for 3 bucks. You cut out the middle man (cd stores) so you make pure profit off the cd. Its harder becuase you have to be a saleman and you look bummy no matter how much money you got or clothes you got on if you selling your cd in the parking lot. You have to go to places where there is white males ages 16-24 (since that is the people who buy 80% of rap music) like a school, mall or wherever they hang out in the city. or you got to post up outside the cd store and slang them. start at 10 bucks a cd, if they say no ask them how much money they got on them if they say5 bucks be like ok ill sell you it for 5 bucks. you still making 2-3 bucks off the cd and its better then nothing. you just gotta stay with it sometimes you might not sell any cds, sometimes you will sell out.

Aug 7, 2003
gas uno said:
its 2006 niggas aint buyin albums out the trunk.

you pop the trunk niggas gon scatter like roaches.
you dont actually have your trunk open, cus they will either run (if they are a wuss) or you could get jacked. you keep that shit locked up in your car and walk around with a couple of cds and say these are all you got left so get them while you can. then when you run out go in your ride and get 3-4 more.

Jun 16, 2005
i aint seen a nigga sellin an album on the street in fuckin' eons.

on some "IM BIG D, BUY THIS SHIT NIGGA"

got the walkman for you to hear it and shit.

all the cats i know that used to do that are in stores now.

Feb 21, 2006
here's some game, get your vehicle wrapped if you got the money (i know its a bit pricey) but it does make the presentation easier when you hit spots and pop trunk, they know you for real and more willing to spend. you can sell major units if your hustle is right.

Mar 8, 2006
Gas^^^ are you kidding? Its muhfuckas out there sellin CDs all day everywhere. You must be scatterin' wit everybdy else if you don't see 'em. Real talk, just in the "P" I run into 1 or two cats a day jookin' they joints. What does the year have to do with anything? If anything because its 2006 cats is still out there sellin 'em. Its no other way when there's 19 million rappers in the Bay alone. What was the reason for the comment? Just to be on some otha shit, right?

Jan 23, 2003
AINT NOBODY LOOKIN TO DOWNLOAD YO SHIT IF THEY NEVER HEARD OF U IF U WAS THAT POPULAR U WOULDNT BE SELLIN OUT THE TRUNK SO U TRIPPIN IF U THINK PUSHIN CDS IN THE STREETS IS OVER U NEED TO GET AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND TAKE A WALK OUTSIDE U WILL SEE CATS GRINDING CDS ONLY THING I CAN SAY ABOUT THAT IS THE ONLY CD I BOUGHT IN THE STREETS THAT WAS DUMB ASS CLEAN WAS THE TEAM 1ST CD BEFORE THEY BLEW UP IF EVERYBODY PUT QUALITY IN THEY SHIT THE RAP GAME WOULD BE SO MUCH

Dec 6, 2005
mobblyfe said:
AINT NOBODY LOOKIN TO DOWNLOAD YO SHIT IF THEY NEVER HEARD OF U IF U WAS THAT POPULAR U WOULDNT BE SELLIN OUT THE TRUNK SO U TRIPPIN IF U THINK PUSHIN CDS IN THE STREETS IS OVER U NEED TO GET AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND TAKE A WALK OUTSIDE U WILL SEE CATS GRINDING CDS ONLY THING I CAN SAY ABOUT THAT IS THE ONLY CD I BOUGHT IN THE STREETS THAT WAS DUMB ASS CLEAN WAS THE TEAM 1ST CD BEFORE THEY BLEW UP IF EVERYBODY PUT QUALITY IN THEY SHIT THE RAP GAME WOULD BE SO MUCH
but you know what? before the cd is made and in order to hit the streets its usally compiled with computers first

you're right no one wants to download some bullshit, but thats not the case.
its the networks that are available these days like this website to get points across

anyone and they mama can rap but only some will gain respect

the streets is one thing but the world wide web covers the whole nation

where do you think you can grind the hardest?

multply the streets by 5,000,000 tunnels and intersections, pop yo shit on every corner and see whats up

red lights, green lights and some yellow

Mar 4, 2006
k.o tha husla said:
is there anybody thats really sellin atleast thousand or 2 each album out the trunk
Just to help you out a little you should understand rappers lie all day about how many cds they sell. In the Bay there's only a few rappers that consistently push a lot of units but if you let the rappers tell it they all pushing hella units.

Apr 8, 2004
k.o tha husla said:
i wanna who really is sellin cds out the trunk honestly how many do they move im tryin 2 get game im not askin as a fan that just noisy im tryin 2 see if i can really buble off this shit r is it a weaste of time

im finna come out wit my mixtape in a matter of weeks album comin late this year feat mistah f.a.b and others
put it like this - if you are trying to bubble off this shit then go get a regular job @ starbucks b/c the hours and the pay is probably better.

in regards to selling cds on the street - it's a start, but you should want to move on quickly. remember to ask for ten and expect five. take two if they'll give it to you!! you're still doubling up!! DO NOT let the customer walk away empty handed. btw - do you really feel you music is worth 10? i can get the new ghostface for 7!! if they don't want the cd have some promo item to give em like a flyer or a sticker.

thats the best advice i can give you

Apr 30, 2003
beatsbythebay.com
You can make scratch in the streets real talk this iz richmond sold 1,000 in stores 1,545 in the streets $5.00 a cd made a nice amount beats by the bay dvd made a lot of money in the streets real talk if you have qulity shit and a mouth piece you can make money shit at the gas station getting gas last night I sold 3 dvds in less then 3 minutes I still push my shit Fresno I sold 300 beats by the bay dvds in 2 days 15 hours of hustling went to fresno state and cleaned up 3 racks it can be done go outside the bay every once and a while cats love bay music Bakersfield another good spot to sell your music or dvds hit the colleges up