WHO REALLY IS THE GREATEST RAPPER EVER?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 11, 2003
Just niggas who talk about shit I have seen... and sound tight in the prossess... I wouldnt like some nigga whos talking about workin at Micky Ds or some shit No matter how tight his flows are becuase I just dont feel that shit and . becuse Id ont know about that kinda shit.
I do know about having the smoker mom and the slangin and shit. So most of the niggas who are coming from the westcoast I feel and they are tight

Best rapper... 2pac
gangsta - Xraided/ Earily bo shit
Mainstream- Nas
best group- Mob Figgaz Hands Down
Pimp shit.. I cant choose mac Dre/dubee/macmall tooshort theres hella of em
Hustel rap- E40
My favorite kinda msuic is that pimp rap.. and when the westcoast niggas to Compilations( that Heat 2 Cd was tight)

Props: BUTCHER 206
Jun 16, 2002
RAKIM IS TO THE OLDER GENERATION WHAT PAC AND BIGGIE WERE TO A LOT OF THE YOUNGERS, THe reason people rap the way they do now Is BECAUSE OF RAKIM. He changed the game.

OVERALL RAP- PAC
GANGSTA RAP- Killa Tay, Bo, Yuk
MAINSTREAM RAP- Jay-Z
HUSTLE RAP- e 40
TOUCH YOUR SOUL RAP- PAC

Jun 16, 2002
I think Hustle and Gangsta go Togather and Mainstream and Hustle go togather cause If your on point with you rap hustle youd be mainstream and making money, But on the other hand you could be on point with your various husltes but at the same time not getting rap success in fame and commercial aspects. So its kinda grey area to me. You could argue all these. BUt My All Time Favorite LIst of rappers is

in no order

PAC- You KNOW
BIGGIE- His voice and style are nice, I liked the way he spit storys and shit.
YUK- Got that constant FLow, spits real shit, Rescue 911 is one of my favorites GANGSTA
KILLA TAY- Mr. Mafioso was off the chain, so was SNakeYES, Used to try an emulate him with the high pitch overdubs, Spits real shit, shit you can relate to. some crazy born again spiritual shit too. Him an Luni got me through high scool. Smokin and listening to killa tay and coleone was the shit to do with my boys B-TA and Mel
e40- been doing this shit for a minute, hustler, dooesnt try and be too gangster on the track lets his record and actions speak for him this man is especially on point lately with his lyrics they go perfectly with the theme of the song
MAC MALL - got some real political shit that I love, but he also got that Pimp Ish
Too Short- Got That Player Pimp Ish
MOB FIGZ- Got a Hustle/Gangsta rap thing going, Love em all they each got their own thing and togather they are unstoppable
CBO- Is just a str8 up gangsta
151- Got real into his shit with CODE OF... next time I see a 151 album its getting swooped
KEAK- flowmatic flow is the shit, on that TOWN SHit, 211's and all that
BA- Got spits for days, on that hustler/gangsta shit
AGERMAN- needs to comeback, used to be the hardest in 3 times
BROTHA LYNCH- Hes on that ted bundy Killer shit, Used to like him a lot more, For some reason I think I kinda grew outta that shit, But I will still chek him out every once and a while
MAC DRE- is now a member of the nation of thizzlam, used to like his flow better back in the day, stupid doo doo dumb and whatnot but he's doing his thang hes on that Druggie shit.
LUNI COLEONE- Got that voice waiting for the new album
SNOOP DOGG-Party Music, spit that LA gangsta lifestyle on doggystyle and made the perfect party album, the rest of his shit has been trying to be better than the first but i dont know if that can happen, has singles for days but i want a snoop album
KURUPT- ONe of my favorites that east coast/west coast shit was fire only to be overshadowed by THE STREETS IS A MUTHA, lyracist spitter and gangsta
San QUiNN- Got that Hustler thang weed smoking music(all my favorites are) he getting close to be a soul toucher, like his voice and delivary
MESSY- His shit is on point, as a business man and rapper, Scaleen puts out quality. Hes a gangsta ass huslter, making moves in the industry, Hes probably The NExt e40 in terms of ambassadoorness, shit can be nationwide
DMX- got me with that DARK and Hell Is Hot, Hes got so much feeling in his shit, was easy to get into him when pac was gone cause there was no one else really spitten like that. Now he super fell off
Jay Z- His old shit is super vocab, he spit some real huslter shit, Now hes mainstream and doing his thing, he got shoes, clothes coming next....He's the best rapper business man period he's a puffy that can Rap.
Nas- cool was feeling him all albums tradamus wa cool so was I am.. and illmatic is classic. on that political, spiritual shit, gangsta shit. I know I can is classic, I didnt like it that much but its a great messege.

Man THe most important thing is all these guys sound different they are being themselves on the mic they mayt some simliar subject matter, but Pattern, Flow, Sound, Voice, Rhythem, Rhyme Scheme Varies and its interesting to listen to em and they got the hardest beats, Personally Ive always loved BAY AREA BEATS, Perfect to smoke to ride to...

Jul 1, 2007
most versatile and technical is tech n9ne with out a doubt. and homie been doing it since wayyyy back Rakim generation.. First indie rapper to sell 1 mill albums on his own label in history, does that not establish him a bit?

Last edited:

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
There's way too many great artist out there for me too call just one the greatest right now.

E40 is one of the ones who I've listened to consistently for the past 20 years or so thru the thick and the thin.....he's the first one to come to mind at least.