Who knows their funk music?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 18, 2003
ahhh, just ran across this thread. Some good funk is a must for all on here IMO.

Here is the one I had on my sig last week. IF ANYONE HAS this version PLEASE GET AT ME ASAPolis! You should know who sampled this track...

dr. dre the d.o.c. that was a trip!

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
Dope Ols school cut....

ol school maybe,yes,...but ol skool "FUNK".....no,its not!...some of u are getting the 2 mixxxed up!...real homies know,that if it aint anywhere from about 82,83 to about 86 87,..then it aint old school "funk",..old school rare funk is wut im talking bout,.groups like barkays,fat back,slave,rocket,cameo,morris,sos band,one way,brothers johnson,club nouveau,bb and q band,kashif,cool notes,kleer,o bryan,confunkshun,mtume,tease,the catch,aurra,cashflow,skyy,ebonee webb,loose ends,chocolate milk,the system,dynasty,cherelle,..mann i can go on for days naming alot of groups alot of you youngsters aint even heard of!,lol...but good thread so far!..keep it movin!

Feb 7, 2006
lot of that shit yall playin aint ol school funk no ways it's boogie funk but theres dudes right here in cali, that's keepin the funk alive...my youtube is fuckin up but check out Dam-funk and the Hawthorne Headhunters.

Jun 5, 2004
this dude gotta lot of funk on youtube..who knows funk better than a mexican right?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Brownpriderfunk

bet nobody knows what rap song sampled this one...lol

Yea he got alot of good songs on there... That right thing is the first song on there and thats one of my fav songs, i dont think ive ever gave u props before but... Props lol

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
Dookie Funk

ol school maybe,yes,...but ol skool "FUNK".....no,its not!...some of u are getting the 2 mixxxed up!...real homies know,that if it aint anywhere from about 82,83 to about 86 87,..then it aint old school "funk",..old school rare funk is wut im talking bout,.groups like barkays,fat back,slave,rocket,cameo,morris,sos band,one way,brothers johnson,club nouveau,bb and q band,kashif,cool notes,kleer,o bryan,confunkshun,mtume,tease,the catch,aurra,cashflow,skyy,ebonee webb,loose ends,chocolate milk,the system,dynasty,cherelle,..mann i can go on for days naming alot of groups alot of you youngsters aint even heard of!,lol...but good thread so far!..keep it movin!
You beat me to that same response P.E.! Folks are moving away from the real funk and getting into more classic Hip-Hop...

On another note though, just for the folks that don't know we are keepin' the FUNK alive here in Portland! If you ever make into the 503 hit up the Calabash downtown Portland on Wed. Nights! Tony Ozier (The Doo Doo Funk King) and The Doo Doo Funk All-Stars are stinkin' up Pooh Land with the Dookie Funk! Put your ones up and slang that DOOKIE!!! Check out the Funk right below... Calm NPK 503 and Lisicki let these folks know!!!

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
*cracks knuckles*

yea,..thats all some good funk,...but the common stuff!,.shit youngsters would prolly have!..but,when u post up some good rare hard to find over seas funk shit,..then speak on it!...id post up some tight shit but i 4got how to embed videos!,lol..fuk it

ill be back later:chinese:

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
You beat me to that same response P.E.! Folks are moving away from the real funk and getting into more classic Hip-Hop...

On another note though, just for the folks that don't know we are keepin' the FUNK alive here in Portland! If you ever make into the 503 hit up the Calabash downtown Portland on Wed. Nights! Tony Ozier (The Doo Doo Funk King) and The Doo Doo Funk All-Stars are stinkin' up Pooh Land with the Dookie Funk! Put your ones up and slang that DOOKIE!!! Check out the Funk right below... Calm NPK 503 and Lisicki let these folks know!!!

yeah ima prolly try and make it down there tonight im out my mind right now though

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I got some funk fo yo azz. Anyone know the common theme with these songs?
Long Stroke - ADC Band

Dusic-Brick

Backstroking-Fatback Band

Talking Back-Gap Band

Get Up to get Down-Brass Construction

Lets Dance - Pleasure

Ffun-Confunkshun

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
I got some funk fo yo azz. Anyone know the common theme with these songs?
Long Stroke - ADC Band

Dusic-Brick

Backstroking-Fatback Band

Talking Back-Gap Band

Get Up to get Down-Brass Construction

Lets Dance - Pleasure

Ffun-Confunkshun
FAIL!....well besides the brass construction and pleasure! but the rest is just played out stuff that everyone and anyone can find!...that aint the type of shit i was talking bout,..again u seem to be just posting up "funk" music and not "ol skool rare funk" shit!..until u know the difference then just leave it alone!,lol