Who knows their funk music?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 9, 2003
Who knows their funk music?

Get the HAD outta here. That's not even a hard question. So easy Marty could have answered it [and he sort of kinda half way did].

P.S

It's She's Strange by Cameo.

Feb 9, 2003
Otis Redding whose backing band were the original Bar-Kays. He and about half of the group died in a plane crash. But eventually the newer Bar-Kays that formed went on to become some of the most successful artists on the Stax label.

Stax records...like MoTown but for black people. MoTown was always too white friendly for my tastes.

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
just about everything that cameo put out was/is dope!...i got all that shit on vynal!.throw tha on at a party and forgetaboutit!!....."attack me with your love" and "candy" is my shit tho!

ooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
just about everything that cameo put out was/is dope!...i got all that shit on vynal!.throw tha on at a party and forgetaboutit!!....."attack me with your love" and "candy" is my shit tho!

ooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
The youngsters dont know funk music! lol What you know about Orange Juice Jones, The Bar-Kays, Parliament Funkadelic, The Gap Band, Earth Wind and Fire and sooooo much more! I think this covers about 2% of it but gives these young cats an idea of what REAL music sounds like...ooo whats that...ya thats right NO AUTO TUNE lol. Closest you will hear is a TALK BOX learn about it!

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
yea,..thats all some good funk,...but the common stuff!,.shit youngsters would prolly have!..but,when u post up some good rare hard to find over seas funk shit,..then speak on it!...id post up some tight shit but i 4got how to embed videos!,lol..fuk it

Jan 5, 2006
I'm up on Kool and the gang, Earth wind and fire, Midnight Star, Rick James. Guess i know a little more than I thought.

I havent fucked with Rap like i used to back in high school, miss me with that autotune bullshit. i'm more appreciative of oldies, jazz, r&b, classic rock, etc. The foundation of real music, back when 100% went into making a song, not half assed shit on the radio. If it's from the early 90's or below i'm with it.