who here got ripped off of CDs hella years ago?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

45Yr Old Virgin

Franchise War Veteran
Apr 25, 2002
Cuckanada
yourethemannowdog.ytmnd.com
i know when i was very naive and more downie than i am today, i went to trade with some faggot from terra haute some albums but dude didn't deliver. i lost a point blank "n tha do" album. i also remember when DJ chrome got raided for selling cd-rs of albums and i think he used to have some geocities or angelfire like website.

dalycity650

Barlito's Way
Feb 8, 2006
Back in the day My sisters husband had a very large catalog of hard to find Bay Cds- shit like 3x krazy "stacking chips" (cd is about $100 or more) anyway he decided to trade all those cds for a camcorder. Shit didn't even work. Smh

Nov 27, 2014
I threw hella CDs away cuz they were all scratched up or boo boo and Rasputin wouldn't buy them. I also sold almost all my DVD's and CD collection when I was out of work one year. No regrets cuz I can listen to or see anything I want online. My only regret is selling my baseball card collection to some Jews in Berkeley they hella got over on me.

Jul 12, 2002
never got ripped off but I have literally thrown away hundreds of cds and records

lmao
Me too. I have been slowly selling off my collection recently but a lot of it has to go in the trash can.

I'm fucking pissed I didn't just burn a copy of every CD I bought back in the day for listening purposes so I could keep all the originals in mint condition. I have tons of CD's that would be worth $50+ today had I not played the shit out of them over the years. Oh well.

Red Ryda 916

Lakota Sioux
Jun 12, 2004
South Sac/Wounded Knee
I had a grip of sac/bay originals packed away at my brothers. The house was being painted so my shit got moved to the patio and forgotten until I went to pick them up, all water logged and stuck together. 6 boxes at around 120 in each box. Replaced most of em over the years, but it still hurts lol.

Only time I got ripped off online was some cat from arizona not shipping my cds after I won a cheap ass auction, probably mad young dre d- troubled mind was in the lot and the auction ended at $20

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
Not CDs, but back around 2000 when I discovered B.A.R.T., I saw in the Trades section someone was selling some video cassettes full of bay area music videos. I hadn't seen most of the videos because being outside of the bay area, most of the videos were not played on MTV or BET. So I sent the guy $40 cash for two cassettes full of videos, and I learned the hard way after that not to send cash. He never sent it. I ended up finding his home phone number online and called him. I think he was in Fresno or another large central California city and I was in Los Angeles. The first time I called his mom picked up and I told her what her son had done and what a piece of shit he is. The next time I called, I told him who I was and I've never heard someone hang up the phone so quickly before. They never picked up the phone again any time I called.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Not CDs, but back around 2000 when I discovered B.A.R.T., I saw in the Trades section someone was selling some video cassettes full of bay area music videos. I hadn't seen most of the videos because being outside of the bay area, most of the videos were not played on MTV or BET. So I sent the guy $40 cash for two cassettes full of videos, and I learned the hard way after that not to send cash. He never sent it. I ended up finding his home phone number online and called him. I think he was in Fresno or another large central California city and I was in Los Angeles. The first time I called his mom picked up and I told her what her son had done and what a piece of shit he is. The next time I called, I told him who I was and I've never heard someone hang up the phone so quickly before. They never picked up the phone again any time I called.
Hahahaha it's funny to tell his mom

Feb 4, 2017
Rancho Cordova
I got ripped off by cellski because he is selling bootlegs of mr predicter to music stores on consignment. Its really cellski greatest hits vol.2 with mr predicter printed on top of the disc.

Besides that i have a collection of close to 2,000 cd's and dont know what to do with them anymore. I want to sell some of them and keep some.

Shall we start a thread for buy/sell/trade cds and cassettes etc. ?

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
I remember back when dpgrecords.com was still in existence and I ripped some dude off for 50 dollars saying i'd send him the makaveli and dillenger cd. HA. It used to be so easy to make money off suckers.
you should try to track him down and pay him back double. It will make you feel good