WHO GONNA PUT KC ON THA MAP?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 31, 2005
I'M JUST CURIOUS AND WANNA KNOW SOME OPINIONS ON WHO YOU THINK HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO PUT K.C. ON THA MAP AND WHY.
KC IS KNOWN FOR A FEW THINGS IN THIS MUSIC INDUSTRY, BUT NO ONE FROM THA TOWN HAS BEEN ON RAP CITY, 106 AND PARK OR GOT A BIG AMOUNT OF BDS SPINS. NOT SAYIN THAT THOSE THINGS MEAN WE ON THA MAP.
WHO IS GONNA BRING HOME A PLAQUE? WHOSE IS GONNA HAVE A MAJOR FEATURE IN XXL, VIBE, OR THE SOURCE?.
I'M TALKIN BOUT WHAT NELLY DID FOR ST. LOUIS, OUTKAST DID FOR ATLANTA, DAVID BANNER DID FOR MISSISSIPPI, GETO BOYS DID FOR HOUSTON.
I GET ALOT OF MUSIC FROM ARTIST IN THA CITY THAT ALOT OF YOU GUYS NEVER HEAR AND THERE IS SOME VERY TALENTED PEOPLE IN OUR BACKYARD.
THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THEY LACK THE KNOW HOW OF HOW TO MAKE IT WORK.EX(PROMOTION, MARKETING, VISIBILITY AND BUSINESS SENSE). HOPE FULLY WHUT THA STREETMONSTAZ IZ ABOUT TO DO WILL CHANGE ALOT OF THAT.

LET ME KNOW WHUT YALL THINK AND WHY? SUPPORT YA ANSWERS W/ SOME REASONS ALSO. LET'S GO

Nov 13, 2004
I think Tech will mos def spearhead it. I just hope Travis and them can get it together. Tech is a very very talented charismatic entertainer who has not just KC behind him but other parts of the country and the world too. My second vote will go to....drumroll please......you already know.....Mr Court Dog. And I can explain why, its probably because I know whats going on behind the scenes and Court has been off the music radar for a min but he has been making big moves in Hollywood. I see him going the path of Icecube or Will Smith as far as movies. And the reason that I respect him so much is that it takes a lot of money, hustle, and know-how to produce your own film. and not just some hood 2 hood shit or some cam-corder shit. as soon as the website is up which will be in a week or so "thats what his cuz told me" you will be able to judge for yourself. And he's already working on two new films and one they are planning to shoot in KC with Charlie Murphy. But be lookin for the movie soundtrack too. But him and Tech are the only ones showing any growth outside of KC in my opinion.

Aug 31, 2005
INTERESTING. I WANNA SEE MORE RESPONSES BEFORE I BREAK SOME SHIT DOWN. KEEP POSTING YA THOUGHTS. MAFIA QUEEN I LIKE HOW YOU CAME W/ SOME REASONS FOR YA ANSWERS. AS FAR AS THA REST NO SUPPORT FOR YA ANSWERS IS PRETTY MUCH THAT, "NO SUPPORT". KEEP POSTIN.

Jan 9, 2006
www.myspace.com
TECH IS THE ONLY ONE I SEEN PERFORM...FAT TONE AND RICH THA FACTOR..AREN'T FACTORZ ANY MORE...ONE CUZTONE IS DEAD AND RICH AINT BLOWIN UP ..I FOUND OUT BOUT KC RAP FROM C-BO RECRUITIN TONE..EVEN THOUGH HE WAS ON THAT FUNY SHIT..

Jun 24, 2004
Damn I guess I should put my name in it, I mean im NOT a rapper but as far as the production goes Im producing on of the the most talked about CD's about to drop this fall & yes its MIMS....Already BDS spins like crazy, features coming up in XXL,SOURCE,VIBE ect, ect, & ive been mentioned on the Shady45 morning show last week .... Co producing the soundtrack to a indie movie....Now underground Heat show & The Takeover was playin Big Black Train ....I told them its way bigger than that now we gettin spins on power105 & Hot 97 now... The BDS spins are getting crazier now...The CD is looking to do Young Joc's numbers in the first week...

I hope kc can rally around what were doing over here cause this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Aug 31, 2005
D. BAKER-WHUT UP. CONGRATS ON ALL THA SUCCESS W/ MIMS. YA RESPONSE IS KINDA OUTTA PLACE IN THIS THREAD. THAT IS UNLESS YOU GOT A ARTIST IN YA CAMP THAT YOU THINK CAN PUT KC ON THA MAP. PRODUCERS ARE A VITAL PART IN THIS INDUSTRY, BUT DON'T REALLY HAVE A VOICE TO PUT A WHOLE CITY ON THA MAP. DID YOU DO THAT "WHY I'M HOT" TRACK? THAT'S A NICE JOINT.

LIKE THA ONE DUDE SAID ONLY TIME WILL TELL BUT WHO GOT THAT SHIT/KNOWLEDGE/DRIVE/AND SUPERSTAR QUALITY THAT IS NEEDED TO TAKE KC TO THA NEXT LEVEL?

May 20, 2006
KC has a rich Rap history that first hit nationally with Vell Bakardy, who had a feature in The Source, a video in rotation on BET, and an album that hit the national charts, Genuine Liqua Hits. Now what artist will bring some shine back to KC? That is a good question. I personally wouldn't bet on some of the "old" artists that are the local favorites. And I do mean OLD, the music industry is driven by the trends of the youth, and most of the popular rappers from KC are in their mid-30's with 40 close by. The next artist that will bring the Rap music spotlight back to KC is some young cat that's still in school that nobody on the local scene knows or has heard about, because he will come out of nowhere and jump over the "out the trunk" mentality that has been holding back the quality of Rap and Hip-Hop in Kansas City.

Aug 31, 2005
MOCHEEZ WHUT UP FOLK? IT'S BEEN A MIN. YOU DEFINITELY SPIT SOME REAL SHIT W/ THAT RESPONSE. YOU RIGHT ABOUT THESE OLD RAPPERS, ALOT OF 'EM ARE STILL CHASIN DREAMS THOUGH.

Nov 13, 2004
mocheezkc said:
KC has a rich Rap history that first hit nationally with Vell Bakardy, who had a feature in The Source, a video in rotation on BET, and an album that hit the national charts, Genuine Liqua Hits. Now what artist will bring some shine back to KC? That is a good question. I personally wouldn't bet on some of the "old" artists that are the local favorites. And I do mean OLD, the music industry is driven by the trends of the youth, and most of the popular rappers from KC are in their mid-30's with 40 close by. The next artist that will bring the Rap music spotlight back to KC is some young cat that's still in school that nobody on the local scene knows or has heard about, because he will come out of nowhere and jump over the "out the trunk" mentality that has been holding back the quality of Rap and Hip-Hop in Kansas City.
And there you have it folks.

Dec 11, 2005
mocheezkc said:
vell bakardy had a video on BET??????anybody got a link?