WHO GONNA PUT KC ON THA MAP?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 20, 2006
The video that Vell had on BET was called "Drink with Me". I saw it several times while I was going to college in Arkansas back in 1994. (Good luck finding a link) I didn't even know who Vell Bakardy was but I knew he was from KC, and representing the town on the national rap scene. The only other artists from KC that I ever saw with a video on BET was Tech N9ne, when "Slacker" was on "UnCut", and Rich the Factor was in the background of a Gangstarr/Guru video bobbing his head while BoyBig was singing the hook.

Feb 17, 2006
Easily Tech N9ne, his skill is raw as hell yet refined to the point where he can be a huge commercial success without selling out his fans.

Feb 8, 2006
I think the whole flip ya wig camps gonna blow.
hustlemade bugzy.
duece click.
money boys
turf bros
chop it up clicc.
there are many others but i think this list is it.
i think this is the new sound of k.c. some of em have been around for a min. but they keep bringin good shit everytime they come with some new shit.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i put my money on tech n9ne as far as creativity but shit, any raw street nigga can blow up now with the right connections and huslte to match..

so it could be some cat i aint never heard of thatll put KC on the map...
i know my nigga young bruce is out there now..he was born out there..and hes got super heat...so id like to see him do his thang..

Jan 28, 2005
I gotta stand by my man Tech.

And as far as that whole thing about old cats not blowin up, look at 40 water. Anybody been listening to him for a while will say that "my ghetto report card" is far from his best work, but its the work that put him (and argueably the bay) on the map

I think IF anyone KC artist blows within the next 5 years its gonna be Tech N9ne all day. The collabs he's done are good. As far as the industry goes, MTV and BET are looking for something fresh and new- and tech has that sound. I think "tell me when to go" gave somewhat of an alternative sound as far as rap goes to the mainstream audience and its the type of song that will help open peoples ears up to the type of music Tech makes.

After hearing some of Kutty's mixtape, I would have to say though that his flow is most appealing out of any KC artist (including Tech) to a large audience. If there was a couple good (or more appropriately- KNOWN) producers to get behind him, he could go real far.

Dec 11, 2005
everybody keeps saying that tech n9ne will be the first to blow up but to be honest if somebody from KC does make it big i dont think it will be tech.Hes at the high point of his career.It would be somebody like court dog or rich.

May 20, 2006
For everyone that feels that Tech N9ne will blow up and be the one to put KC on the map, I ask how long does it take? Tech N9ne had his first major deal that I knew about back in 1995 or 1996 when him, Icy Roc, Dynomac, and others had a record deal for Nuthowze Records through Lance Alexander (Lo-Key) that put them on Perspective Records an independent company operated by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. Then in 1998 he had the joint venture with MidwestSide Records and QDIII which was to be distributed by Warner Bros. That album "Be Warned" had a $500,000 advance that Tech and his MidwestSide label recieved, however the album was never released, and yet another deal is lost. Then Travis bought, I mean signed Tech in about 2000 and they released his most successful album, "Anghellic". "Anghellic" was really the unrealeased tracks from "Be Warned" if you really know the history. Now in 2006, people still feel "Tech is the One". Ha, Ha, Ha, maybe by 2016 your kids will be old enough to still be on the, "Keep Hope Alive Tech is the One" campaign. Hell, Tech's own son will be about 19 then, maybe they will start the first father/son rap group that will finally put KC on the map.

Oct 15, 2004
itsronron.com
I probaly outta line for even commenting cuz I'm bias but I really feel that Kansas City can only be sold as a paccage deal. I can see a collaboration song, feat. 3 or 4 K.C. Artist , makin it further than any one artist no matter how talented. You gotta remember whoever gets the stage will be (technically) our first and our voice/identity from a lable point of view so it will be extremely difficult for any label to hand that duty to one indivdual. If you wanna see the town blow up then we gotta urge each other to touch EVERYTHING together. When we get an identity then we'll get our shine...but this is just my opinion

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
mocheezkc said:
For everyone that feels that Tech N9ne will blow up and be the one to put KC on the map, I ask how long does it take? Tech N9ne had his first major deal that I knew about back in 1995 or 1996 when him, Icy Roc, Dynomac, and others had a record deal for Nuthowze Records through Lance Alexander (Lo-Key) that put them on Perspective Records an independent company operated by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. Then in 1998 he had the joint venture with MidwestSide Records and QDIII which was to be distributed by Warner Bros. That album "Be Warned" had a $500,000 advance that Tech and his MidwestSide label recieved, however the album was never released, and yet another deal is lost. Then Travis bought, I mean signed Tech in about 2000 and they released his most successful album, "Anghellic". "Anghellic" was really the unrealeased tracks from "Be Warned" if you really know the history. Now in 2006, people still feel "Tech is the One". Ha, Ha, Ha, maybe by 2016 your kids will be old enough to still be on the, "Keep Hope Alive Tech is the One" campaign. Hell, Tech's own son will be about 19 then, maybe they will start the first father/son rap group that will finally put KC on the map.

i hear...you..

and as much as i wish or can pretend that other artist in KC are doing what Tech is doing at 34...

I know there aint no one fucking with Tech on any levels...
sales, rhymes, creativity, touring......we can keep going...but you get the picture...

Apr 25, 2002
rappinronron said:
I probaly outta line for even commenting cuz I'm bias but I really feel that Kansas City can only be sold as a paccage deal. I can see a collaboration song, feat. 3 or 4 K.C. Artist , makin it further than any one artist no matter how talented. You gotta remember whoever gets the stage will be (technically) our first and our voice/identity from a lable point of view so it will be extremely difficult for any label to hand that duty to one indivdual. If you wanna see the town blow up then we gotta urge each other to touch EVERYTHING together. When we get an identity then we'll get our shine...but this is just my opinion
I feel this post by ron ron... I mean niggas need to unite and get a movement going... One Track With Hard Ass RapperOn It Would Do Some Damage... If You Respected And Selling Units... Niggas Should Link Up And Get This Money And Try To Put This City On The Map.. Fuck Having One Person (or Camp) Known On A National Level.... The City Should Be A Package... Plus Not Every Rapper In KC Is On The Subject Level... But Shit Niggas Need To Learn How To Promote First tho..