who do you guys blame more for the decline of bay hip-hop or hip-hop in general?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 28, 2008
The decline of Bay Hip Hop??? Wait Bay Hip Hop??? South? East ? West? North?? Wtf is the difference these days?? They all sound the same! Producer X from the Bay makes beats just like Producer Y from the South and Producer Z from the Eastcoast. They all use the same f'n repetitive sound effects and same sounds that you can't even distinguish the region from where the music is from. Back years ago you could tell from a South beat from an eastcoast beat, west had there own sound/ midwest also... NOT ANYMORE.... Underground + Mainstream = Same.. the underground artists are doing the same shytt as the mainstream just to sell... yeh sell out!

So who to blame....?? I blame the artists and producers from straying away from the real sounds that got them recognition in the first place. And to the Producers... go listen to hard beats from the 90's and music from now... which sounds better...? U know the answer to that.

M.o.B

Sicc OG
Oct 18, 2008
Hip-hop is a fucking joke....
I love hip-hop but all these dudes are in it for the money and the fame no heart

Jan 18, 2006
The decline of Bay Hip Hop??? Wait Bay Hip Hop??? South? East ? West? North?? Wtf is the difference these days?? They all sound the same! Producer X from the Bay makes beats just like Producer Y from the South and Producer Z from the Eastcoast. They all use the same f'n repetitive sound effects and same sounds that you can't even distinguish the region from where the music is from. Back years ago you could tell from a South beat from an eastcoast beat, west had there own sound/ midwest also... NOT ANYMORE.... Underground + Mainstream = Same.. the underground artists are doing the same shytt as the mainstream just to sell... yeh sell out!

So who to blame....?? I blame the artists and producers from straying away from the real sounds that got them recognition in the first place. And to the Producers... go listen to hard beats from the 90's and music from now... which sounds better...? U know the answer to that.
great point and at the end of the day a lot of it is the producers faults but at the same time all these faggot fans will buy the wack ass ringtone. And that rnb and rapper combo definitely has to go, fucken Ja Rules bitch ass had a lot to do with that shit becoming so popular. Stop catering to bitches also, they have no kind idea what a good rapper is just what they think is a good dance song or autotone fucken T-Pain garbage

shame

Sicc OG
Aug 1, 2004
I actually think some shit w/ auto-tuned hooks or whatever is dope....its like anything else though....used in the right way it can be good...but in the wrong hands it can be a generic sounding disaster.

I really could care less how someone makes a beat/song as long as the final product is dope.

My issue with everyone and thier mama thinkin they're a rapper or producer now days is 90% of them think thier Gods gift to music.

Respect the game and you'll gain respect in return....

Jul 6, 2008
i blame it on humanity and americans and america in general for being simple minded half assed sheep that will follow what the next person is listening too, just cuz it is the latest hottest thing or fad. otherwise, they ain't cool and won't fit in with the rest of the sheep.

then the sheep will discard the latest music like a fuccin hipster(shit i hate them) for the next piece a shit music that is deemed hot and fadish, and so on and so on, until the music industry is the same oneness of bland regurgitated cow grass cut clipping shit it is today, and that is where we are in society, today.

we need more black sheep in the music industry to go against the grain, go against the status quo.

go against what the fans want to hear, but what the rap artists wants the fans to hear. the rapper needs to go back and be an artist fisrt then a rapper second.

and make some quality rap music again. but i have my doubts. raps peak has ended, just like peak oil has ended. now, there is nothing but traces. sure they will be a couple of oil bubbles, but nothing like weve seen from the past.

i'm marty50 and i approve of this message.

Jul 6, 2008
i actually think rap is going to evolve into soem hybrid mixture with other genres, like linkin park shit. rap will be there as a genre, but it wont have the same effect it once had.

also, as the rap generations die off, rap will die off.

it's jsut like these old people, baby boomer generations are going too die off, their generations music will slowly die off or it will be a small trace of what it once was. entropy is a bitch.

Jul 6, 2008
seriously, when was the last time people explored the rap genre?

like you jsut went searching for music, not looking for anything or needing anything, just listening to music you never heard before.

this is also what is missing, today. i think people are too lazy to explore, if it's not in front of their face or if it's not spoon feed to them, they want nothing to do with it. cuz, they are too fuccin porky lazy to look and explore rap music.

with all the tools available online mp3 sites, message boards, samples, etc.. you can find rap music that you never knew you liked. you jsut gotta have some mental drive and ambition to go out and search new rap music. it's not like you ahve to go pysically to the music store and look for new rap, it's right in front of you and all you ahve to do is click the mouse.

go out there and explore rap music from the past. you might find some gems.

Aug 1, 2008
www.skrillz.biz
Local Record Stores

YOU HAD ALL THE MOM N POPS JUST CASH'N CATS OUT FOR ANYTHING. WHICH LED TO ARTISTS PUTTIN PROJECTS TOGETHER AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE, RECYCLING LYRICS, SONGS, DAMN NEAR WHOLE ALBUMS. YOU CAN'T BLAME THE ARTIST, WE HUSLAS IF YOU GONE PAY WE GONE TAKE YOUR MONEY! THIS ALSO LED TO A BUNCH OF NOBODY NUTTINASS NEVER HAD A DEAL WANNABE TEXT MESSAGE RAPPERS BEING ABLE TO PUT THEIR ALBUMS IN THE STORES CLOGGIN UP THE LANE.

Oct 28, 2003
Look to the LEADERS to find the follies of this rap shit. Our trendsetters have become trend followers. Nothing original all carbon copy material with the excuse of trying to stay relevant and make "hits for the club" as the reason. As long as this is the case hip-hop, rap will be cursed.

Gizmo

Sicc OG
Nov 8, 2002
It may be on the decline but it's good to see these nice threads are still here asking the important questions.