Where's the Beef? - Taco Bell Edition

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I already knew this and will continue to eat Taco Bell at 4:11am drunk and high out of my mind. I can give a fuck less.

actual Mexican food >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Taco Bell

of course but this didn't tell me anything I already didn't know. Their chilli cheese burritos are fucking amazing when you are about 20 beers deep.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
thats why i get my tacos from real mexican joints, i fuck with taco bell once in a blue moon

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
im confused....why are people (in cali) comparing taco bell to taco trucks???

taco bell isnt mexican food, its definitely american. and i would never go to taco bell to get tacos

but im a half step away from drivin my ass to taco bell right now to get hella food for like $4 haha

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
wtf is natural smoke flavor? do they scrape the soot off the top of a fireplace or something?
no they burn mesquite in a special container that condenses the smoke at the tip of the lid and it turns into a liquid and slides down the side of the lid

its actually good shit, nice for beans, cornbread, all kinds of bbq, and i like to add it to chilis and soups aswell

and speaking of that taco bell meat...i told you guys i worked there, the meat (beef, chicken and steak) come in bags that we would just drop into a huge boiler to heat it up, then it goes into small bins on the assembly line and sits there til enough people have orders food to empty the containers...before they are cleaned and refilled...if ur taco bell isnt 24 hours, dont fuck wit it either, if they close, that means the food from the day before that wasnt eaten, is bagged and tagged for another day (the reason i say make sure its 24 hours, is so your chances of gettin old stale sitting food is slightly lower, since they have a few more hours to make turnover)

if thats not bad enough, the taco bell i worked at, never had cleaning agent for the cookware, so i would have to bring dish soap from the crib and put it into this huge sink that had turbo jets and would just smash the cookware around in water, no scrubbing, no inspecting to make sure its clean, just grab them outta the soapy water and drop them in sanitary water (we would add some kinda packet to the water to make it "sanitary")

or we would "up" food...lets say you walk in and order a chalupa with no tomatoes and extra cheese sauce...if we make it, and you decide to change ur mind, we "up" that item and hold it til someone else comes along and orders the same thing, then we reach for the food which has been sittin for god knows how long...if it doesnt get ordered, its given to the workers to eat, or thrown away

i nearly got fired for giving a homeless man and his dog my meal voucher, cuz after working there i didnt wanna eat the food, and dudes dog was starving, and thats all he cared about, so every day that i worked the lunch hours, i would take a break and give this dude a bunch of "upped" food, cuz throwing it away when theres hungry people and animals right outside the door is fuckin wrong

fuck taco bell

emma

Sicc OG
Apr 5, 2006
STATEMENT REGARDING CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

"At Taco Bell, we buy our beef from the same trusted brands you find in the supermarket, like Tyson Foods. We start with 100 percent USDA-inspected beef. Then we simmer it in our proprietary blend of seasonings and spices to give our seasoned beef its signature Taco Bell taste and texture. We are proud of the quality of our beef and identify all the seasoning and spice ingredients on our website. Unfortunately, the lawyers in this case elected to sue first and ask questions later -- and got their "facts" absolutely wrong. We plan to take legal action for the false statements being made about our food."

Greg Creed
President and Chief Concept Officer
Taco Bell Corp. "
http://www.tacobell.com/company/newsreleasearticle/Statement-Regarding-Class-Action-Lawsuit

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
im confused....why are people (in cali) comparing taco bell to taco trucks???

taco bell isnt mexican food, its definitely american. and i would never go to taco bell to get tacos
whats in a taco ??? beef cheese lettuce basic ingrediants taht if u want those things u go to a truckor drive thru not taco bell. want beans cheese salsa in a tortilla go to a truck or drive thru not taco bell. same can be said for the entire menu.. thats why they compare.. if u want that shit .

but i agree its american food (which history shows is crap) but if u want those flavas why not go get the good stuff?.. some people just feel like getting diarreha i guess

Feb 7, 2006
The list of ingredients is gruesome:

Beef, water, isolated oat product, salt, chili pepper, onion powder, tomato powder, oats (wheat), soy lecithin, sugar, spices, maltodextrin (a polysaccharide that is absorbed as glucose), soybean oil (anti-dusting agent), garlic powder, autolyzed yeast extract, citric acid, caramel color, cocoa powder, silicon dioxide (anti-caking agent), natural flavors, yeast, modified corn starch, natural smoke flavor, salt, sodium phosphate, less than 2% of beef broth, potassium phosphate, and potassium lactate.

Hmmmmm.....

Needs more INF gang.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
The west coast has it good as a whole when it comes to great Mexican food. I know people on the east coast and certain parts of the midwest where to them Taco Bell is about as authentic as it gets lol.

Of course there are a few actual Mexican restraunts out in those places but they don't really go to them for some reason. My friend's little sister is from Vermont or some shit and when they went for some Mexican food out here she got tacos, took like two bites, and was like "I like Taco Bell better." I would have slapped her. You do not talk about actual tacos that way around me breh.