Whats the deal with MTV??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 25, 2003
MTV & BET are fuckin garbage now! I miss the old rap city & planet groove as well as:

Beavis & Butthead
Liquid Television
Sifl & Olly Show
Daria
Yo! MTV Raps
Loveline
...& all that uncut good sh!t...

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
The only time i turn my tv on is when theres some sports games on that i want to see, i like pimp my ride tho, the only mtv show that i like and even thats not reality tv, u can tell how they make it, the way the people come out all suprised n shit, and well dressed. Sometimes on BET they play some underground shit like at 1 or 3 o clock. Look at this way too, back then the music was good too, now almost all the music sucks.

Dec 29, 2005
MTV used to be about originality being different, going against everyone who opposed the youth of the day this is what made MTV. Now its a HUGE marketing machine. I'm an advertising major and saw a video on how MTV markets today. Theres 2 types of people example. Jane and John. Jane is the hot girl with the bangin ass body, skimpy clothes, dipped in jewels, has all the latest trends down, and every guy wants her. John is the good lookin, smart, out goin, beefed up, iced out, baller, with the dope rides, and all the females be throwin themselves at em. They use these 2 people to base their marketing strategies. They target teens but the demographic is really way below 13. But anyways they use these personas in everything they do. Its rediculous how the kids eat this shit up. When they show a special Jay-Z concert brought to you by Sprite they selected everyperson in there and paid each person $100 to be at the concert and listen to what the director says. Yell and scream when they say, do this and that. Its all an image. That dope ass concert by Sprite just sponsered was nothing more than a fake concert. Buteveryone was cool and was having fun with a sprite in their hand. All the kids watching want to be there to so they want a Sprite in their hands to. Teenagers are also the largest consumers. They may not have the funds but they go to their parents and begg to get the shit and the parents do. So thats why its so freakin powerful. And we aint talkin G's or even millions, its a fuckin Billion dollar money making machine because kids are so damn gulable to whats "cool".

May 17, 2002
Tycoonin said:
MTV used to be about originality being different, going against everyone who opposed the youth of the day this is what made MTV. Now its a HUGE marketing machine. I'm an advertising major and saw a video on how MTV markets today. Theres 2 types of people example. Jane and John. Jane is the hot girl with the bangin ass body, skimpy clothes, dipped in jewels, has all the latest trends down, and every guy wants her. John is the good lookin, smart, out goin, beefed up, iced out, baller, with the dope rides, and all the females be throwin themselves at em. They use these 2 people to base their marketing strategies. They target teens but the demographic is really way below 13. But anyways they use these personas in everything they do. Its rediculous how the kids eat this shit up. When they show a special Jay-Z concert brought to you by Sprite they selected everyperson in there and paid each person $100 to be at the concert and listen to what the director says. Yell and scream when they say, do this and that. Its all an image. That dope ass concert by Sprite just sponsered was nothing more than a fake concert. Buteveryone was cool and was having fun with a sprite in their hand. All the kids watching want to be there to so they want a Sprite in their hands to. Teenagers are also the largest consumers. They may not have the funds but they go to their parents and begg to get the shit and the parents do. So thats why its so freakin powerful. And we aint talkin G's or even millions, its a fuckin Billion dollar money making machine because kids are so damn gulable to whats "cool".
Hey you seen that show "Merchants of Cool"!! It was funny, they used ICP as an example of a group that would "never sell out". At the end of it, it said that ICP had just signed to a major label. Haha.

Dec 31, 2005
ionno but check the sig vote for tell me when to go by e-40 its not there u have to put other also u need to register before u vote but support the bay vote once again its in my sig pretty big hard to miss

Dec 29, 2005
MISTADON said:
Hey you seen that show "Merchants of Cool"!! It was funny, they used ICP as an example of a group that would "never sell out". At the end of it, it said that ICP had just signed to a major label. Haha.
Exactly. Merchants of Cool...Shit if people only knew how much game is being ran on them. Where did you see it?

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I don't buy in to their crap but then again I'm a grown ass man whos probably un knowlingly duped into someone elses marketing scheme.

I think I know why they blank out the words in songs though, They are going on the swearing is cool ploy to sell records. Kids will beg their parents to buy records so they can have the explicit versians of the songs on the radio. But on MTV they edit the clean versians, its ridiculous

Dec 29, 2005
Watch that "Merchants of Cool" you'll see the engine room of MTV...Rediculous how much money they make. And see how easy young people are Suckered for billions...I want a piece of some MTV cake...Jus a little..