What was Clyde Carson Excuse for not putting out his album?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

drewski.kalonji

Shark Finning & Grinning
May 17, 2002
Murky Bay Waters, CA
i have no reasons for why FAB and Clyde couldn't drop an album, but major labels should help with promo and managing way more.

but without preferences and biases, its a given nipsey has been making a lot more noise nationally. fabby did his battle rap thing and has branched out inna big way but won't compare to nationally distributed videos with a 90's LA gangsta flare. just my two cents.

all that aside i hope i hear some new Clyde music soon.

May 8, 2008
NIPSEY OVER FAB ........... BY A LANDSLIDE

HIS 3 DATPIFF MIXTAPES SHIT ON 85% OF THE REAL ALBUMS ... INCLUDING FAB'S 2005 SON OF A PIMP ... IM JUS KEEPIN IT REAL
My nigga this don't have shit to do with who the better rapper is. Fact of the matter is, THEY ARE IN THE SAME POSITION. Nipsey album was supposed to come out in 09......that nigga releasing mixtapes just like everybody else. I'm not even comparing them as rappers, I'm saying it ain't just Bay Area artists that are stuck on the shelf. Ain't nobody from this coast getting put out.

May 8, 2008
and fab wasnt really featured on any "big mainstream rappers shit" besides that snoop dogg song. BUT fab did pay a lot of "mainstream rappers" to feature on his shit...BIG difference
In the last three years Fab has been featured on a lot of mainstream artists tracks...
Mack Maine
Curren$y
Max B
Wiz Khalifa
Dorrough
Paul Wall
Snoop...not to mention other high profile westcoast artists.

LOL yeah Fab does pay people to feature on his shit, lets not act like Nipsey didn't slide Drake a few dollars to get on that "Killers" track. It's a business.

Jan 18, 2006
it should be obvious aint noone out the West blowing up these days, really interested to see if Ya Boy or Mitchy Slick can prove me wrong. unless your Snoop or 40 and maybe a couple others your not getting play on the mainstream level. Bishop Lamont is done, Glasses is done, Fab is done, Clyde is done, and Nipsy is not really a factor. Jay Rock is the only dude i can think of that got some attention that aint a vet and Crooked I might get his foot in the door cuz of being apart of Slaughterhouse.

Jun 1, 2002
Things take time. People grind for years and years before "it" happens. From the standpoint of the fans, the perception is such and such "missed his chance", "missed the window of opportunity", etc, because a buzz was built but then dissipated. In actuality- the timing just wasn't right.

Lots of cats get paid nice checks and then get their albums shelved or delayed for any number of reasons. They're eating in the meantime and still making music so they don't complain.

The reality is that it can take a very long time to reach real success in music. Artists need to have a 10 year plan. For a writer as talented as Clyde, or Fab or Nipsey, for that matter- there's always a chance at a very good living. Maybe in the fans eyes you never "blow," but only a very slim percentage of people do. But yeah- none of these guys are "done," especially Clyde.

Apr 25, 2002
Bay cats are always funny to me........seem to be always looking for the quick contract which puts them on the fast track to nowhere. Baydestrian dropped in what? 2007? Fab sure has a whole to show since then, besides getting destroyed by Royce.

Attention: Bay Rappers. Keep putting out 2-3 years of good material and hoping for that "big" contract. Its really working for you.

Shout out to Livewire for doing it the right way.

May 8, 2008
Honestly, from a musical standpoint FABs mainstream career was halted before it started. With all the problems with Ghost Ride It, the quick ass demise of the hyphy movement and his label problems, shit just came one after another for him. Despite all that, he's at the same standstill that damn near every other rapper on this coast is at. It's not a coincidence that nobody's album ever drops on time out here. The reasons differ, but the results are the same. Westcoast artists that try to break into the mainstream get put on the backburner. Ask G.Malone, Jay Rock, Nipsey, Fabby, Clyde, YB, Bishop Lamont....damn near any relatively new nigga not named Game.

Oct 11, 2009
It seems to me that Fab put all his chips in on the hyphy movement and crapped out... Instead of signing with anybody Clyde and YB shoulda took the buzz they had and took a chance on putting an independent album out and see where that goes instead of waiting for a label to back them... Now everybody is tryin to regain a buzz but the longer the fans have to wait the more we're going to expect classic albums from these guys... Dont make us wait and then drop some mediocre outdated crap that was hot when u recorded it 3 years ago... Just my opinion tho...

Feb 4, 2006
turf talk is better than every rapper u nerds talked about in this thread and i could care less if the mainstream hates turfy , hes such a G and his music is savage
Before I moved to Texas I seen that nigga pull up to the chevron gas station next to the antioch mall in a black camero with peanut butter seats and a bad white bitch......i almost wanted to ask for his autograph.

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
Niggas have no power. They wait for the white man to invest in them. They dont translate they buzz into success like say a Young Jeezy or Drake did. They let they buzz die out and live off club shows.
HUH ????????? AFICAN AMERICANS RUN THE RAP GAME IN THE BAY - WE HAVE HAD VERY FEW WHITE STANDOUTS , A COUPLE BUT YOU GUYS ARE WINNING ....