What To Do In San Francisco?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
I'm going to be in SF from 7-10 July and I'm curious, what shit do I NEED to check out? Of course I'm going to hit Alcatraz, the Bridge, Haight & Ashbury but what else? I'm going for my birthday and want to set up a full day of tight shit to do, good food to eat and I'm hoping to get a little help from some locals on what to do and where to go. Price range is pretty flexible.

Events?
Attractions?
Restaurants?
Bars/Clubs?

Thanks in advance!

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
go to haight street and shop, get a sack and some anchor steam (made in SF) and go to the park on the right of amoeba (might as well music shop/look around in amoeba) , sit down crack your brewskies and burn em down to the sounds of hippy drumming....

metreon, go watch a movie

go watch the kids skate at the pier
eat some calamari or clam chowder bowls at the wharf if youre into that type of thing

and stay out of HP and castro, for two different reasons

what to do in SF is dependent on whom you are/what your into IMO
i been there/lived there to the point where its boring to me...i clothes shop and shit cuz i cant find that type of shit in SD

also take a picture o 'street' art...you might run into some tight shit youll want a pic of..if theres any art exhibits when u go check them too, theres some sick shit.

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
go to haight street and shop, get a sack and some anchor steam (made in SF) and go to the park on the right of amoeba (might as well music shop/look around in amoeba) , sit down crack your brewskies and burn em down to the sounds of hippy drumming....

metreon, go watch a movie

go watch the kids skate at the pier
eat some calamari or clam chowder bowls at the wharf if youre into that type of thing

and stay out of HP and castro, for two different reasons

what to do in SF is dependent on whom you are/what your into IMO
i been there/lived there to the point where its boring to me...i clothes shop and shit cuz i cant find that type of shit in SD
get shrooms thurrrrrrrr

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i wouldnt buy shit off of haight but acid
scary ass small sack havin people

i sell shrooms to that block not the other way around lol

hippies be scared to sell me shit anyway cuz they think im one of them 'oakland niggas' about to lick them lol

also alot of cool places to check music out on lower haight. upper haight is more clothing.

i like escape from NY pizza in upper haight tho they have cool customer service IMO

get a weed card or somethin while u there if you smoke
and on cloudy days it aint as fun cuz the wind fucks up the tourist thing

check out the SF guardian (free mag, everywhere) for any shows you may be interested in

if i was gonna cop weed on the street id fuck with the kids on market before i fucked with the white kids on haight, most them kids on haight are tryna smoke part of the eigth and sell the rest to get another one...i pull up on them cats with scales lol

if you know anyone out there, hit oakland via muni

also you can save alot on hotels if you brought your car by goign out of SF for hotels/motels and just commuting there for instance when i go there i stay in vallejo for 45.99 a night jump on the 80 west and theres frisco

edit: golden gate park is a cool place to roll through if youre into nature

edit x2: if you like mexican food roll around mission, hit some sidestreets and youll find some cool ones. this coming from a san diegan whos used to 'authentic mexican food' (no diss.)

oaksterdam aint to far away

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
1. Union Square and Powell Street and Market is the hub of San Francisco shopping. They got a giant mall and any store you could ever ask for.

2. Go see a Giants Game, tis the season.

3. Pier 39 for Alcatraz and all kinds of touristy stuff

4. I know this is gonna sound retarded, but rent one of those little yellow go-carts and explore the city that way. I grew up in SF and still did it and it was one of the funnest things ive ever done in my life. $120 well spent, but make sure u make a reservation first.

5. Hit up the North Beach/Broadway district. Lots of cool italian restaurants, and broadway is strip club central and a few decent bars/clubs at night. Plus Chinatown is right next to it.

6. If you want nightlife as a tourist stick to Broadway, if you want other clubs you can go to Suite 181 (bring your shank), NV, and Temple. SF nightlife kind of sucks to be honest. I would hit a strip club.

If you want to grab a little SF latino culture hit up the Mission District but if you're mexican watch your colors, that red and blue shit will get you shot.

Just ask a cab driver where all these places are, you'll be good.

Have fun. Rap stations are 106.1 and 94.9 if you need some theme music at ur hotel or car.

Nov 1, 2004
If you go to lower haight I always check Upperplayground, they make some dope clothes and other custom shit. check true on upper haight. If you a beer connoisseur go to the toronado, they got all types of rare micro brews and belgian shit you cant get on tap anywhere else.

Go smoke a blunt on top of twin peaks.

check markets street and union square in the day, go to broadway at night.. Thats all I got right now.

Jun 5, 2004
I WOULD SKIP ALCATRAZ UNLESS U GOT KIDS OR SOMETHING.

THERES A TON OF GOOD RESTARAUNTS, CLUBS THERE R DECENT. THERE STRIP CLUBS R BETTER THO LOL

AND DONT GET A YELLOW GO KART LOL!