What the West Coast needs to sound like

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 25, 2009
its wrong question. we know how it should sounds its so many dope diff sound on the west but it shouldnt sounds like southern bubble-gum shit. i dont mind modern plastic beats but with westcoast twist to it :D

Feb 7, 2006
we do have a sound again, that post hyphy jerkin shit that was jacked from the bay you hear on every tyga and YG song, and now I hear west coast shit on the east and south again the thing is we too old for that shit so we dont identify with it.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
we do have a sound again, that post hyphy jerkin shit that was jacked from the bay you hear on every tyga and YG song, and now I hear west coast shit on the east and south again the thing is we too old for that shit so we dont identify with it.
Fair enough my guy. But why r niggas rappin over south beats? If that's our sound I'm all for it. We just need our own identity again.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i think people should make whatever sound they feel comfortable making as artists and see if we feel it, more than creating some shit they KNOW were gonna like, and we dont

having a specific sound one can put a finger on just leads to being played out eventually

Jan 25, 2009
the only problem with this is that all that hyphy/jerk was just watered down southern sound and much weaker , so no west doesnt have his own sound yet

abel @abel i agree with u 100%, but 90% of those rappers do this cuz is trendy not cuz they feel comfortable

Apr 20, 2005
i wanna hear dudes rappin about smokin pretendo and drinking OE , St. Ides and steele reserves on some roger and zapp more bounce to the ounce bass and drum kits. and funky worm leads will never get played out to me.

Oct 21, 2003
Best example is that Wrongkind is everywhere mixtape with 80% wack southern beats. I hope mitchy sticks to that trigeration station sound on his next solo.

Everybody makes music for the clubs nowadays

May 4, 2005
Best example is that Wrongkind is everywhere mixtape with 80% wack southern beats. I hope mitchy sticks to that trigeration station sound on his next solo.

Everybody makes music for the clubs nowadays
yeah dat.. youngkind need to step it up. or mayby im too old to feel that shit. i hope mitchy stick to the format and take over.
mitch the rawest on the coast...and hes got the bread n diversity to make it happen.

Jun 6, 2004
San Diego, CA
www.myspace.com
i wanna hear dudes rappin about smokin pretendo and drinking OE , St. Ides and steele reserves on some roger and zapp more bounce to the ounce bass and drum kits. and funky worm leads will never get played out to me.
So i take it you listen to mink loco n licwit 24/7.... except for the pretendo, st ides n steel reserve, thats US

Feb 7, 2006
Gas is right but you know I think west coast niggas sound weak on trap beats, I was listening to yg hootie and pap smurf on that benjamin flocka mixtape and they sounded the worst, because music is cultural and comes out o neighborhoods and regions for a reason, crunk and the trap shit that emerged out of it has nothing to do with our lives over here.

Oct 21, 2003
Gas is right but you know I think west coast niggas sound weak on trap beats, I was listening to yg hootie and pap smurf on that benjamin flocka mixtape and they sounded the worst, because music is cultural and comes out o neighborhoods and regions for a reason, crunk and the trap shit that emerged out of it has nothing to do with our lives over here.
I cant even try to listen to that bricksquad west musik. Most of them Westcoast Rappers are transformers, for example
Young Hootie he went from Prince of the bity to them weak ass southern beats and changed his rapping style.
At first the start rappin about keepin it real and all that shit but they are willing to do everything for a couple $$$$

Apr 20, 2005
So i take it you listen to mink loco n licwit 24/7.... except for the pretendo, st ides n steel reserve, thats US
oh u guys definately came in mind. but i can never find yalls music. i only heard the ones that r on youtube. i was just being retarted about the pretendo. where can i get ur albums? i dont live in SD no more unfortunately.