What the fuck happened in Indianapolis...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 10, 2004
www.cdbaby.com
somebody please tell me why i spent over $100 in VIP tickets and $20 in gas to find out the Tech show at Club Tropicana was cancelled... i been waitin for Tech to come to Indiana for a long ass time... i hope they refund my shit...

May 7, 2008
why do u care so much about spending that little amount of money ? i thought u was a high rolling myspace rapper!! your fat paid!! i just feel sorry for all the poor people who aint had as much success as u have had ..

poor guys i hope they get there money back..

Oct 17, 2006
We regretfully announce the cancellation of tonight’s Strange Days Tour show in Indianapolis, IN. Due to major technical issues involving the PA system, the show will not be able to be performed. Without adequate sound reinforcement (mixer, speakers, etc.), we do not feel it is fair to put on a show that will not live up to the standards of performance that our fans have come to expect from Strange Music and its artists.

We know that this is a disappointment and we want you to be fully aware that we had our artists and crew there at noon today with the full intent of performing. We were able to complete the VIP Meet and Greet – so a big thank you to the fans that made it out!

NOTE FOR GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET HOLDERS: please return to your point of purchase for information on the details of refund processes. Strange Music is not handling ANY refunds for this show as that is the responsibility of the promoter.

NOTE FOR VIP TICKET HOLDERS: you will receive an additional email on Monday (6/21) with all of your options in regards to resolution of this situation. Please keep in mind that is our full intent to have Tech N9ne and the crew return to Indianapolis on the fall tour, this September/October.
thats from trt9.com

Oct 15, 2006
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
WHAT HAPPENED BRO IS ON THE PROMOTER WE GOT THERE AND THEY DIDNT HAVE THE RIGHT EQUIP TO HOOK UP OUR SOUND..THEY HAD SHITTTY SHIT ..AND THEY WERE SUPPOSE TO COMPLETE THE RIDER MEANING TO HAVE WHAT WE NEED TO MAKE OUR SHIT WORK...WE STILL DID THE MEET N GREET WITH THE FANS BUT COULD NOT DO THE SHOW..IM SORRY BRO...LIM

Apr 6, 2010
Shit happens. I said to some of the people there, I'd rather the show be canceled than be disappointed with it. At least we still got the meet and greet, and I got my nigga deep cd signed by lynch. So all is gravy. I won't be able to go to the show if it's rescheduled in september or october cuz I'm going to teach english in Korea next month. That's my only real disappointment with the cancelation.

Nov 14, 2002
why do u care so much about spending that little amount of money ? i thought u was a high rolling myspace rapper!! your fat paid!! i just feel sorry for all the poor people who aint had as much success as u have had ..
Who the fuck are you to tell anyone what a 'little' amount of money is? A buck twenty is a buck twenty no matter how much you have other than that.

So now you're going to be arrogant on top of being a bitch?

I'd rather the show be canceled than be disappointed with it.
That's stupid. Any type of Tech show is better than no type of Tech show.

And re: the PA.

Like I said before. Take the money you made from the VIP tickets, go to Sam fucking Ash and buy the equip. I might be crazy but... how do you tour relying on the venue to have the equip you need? I've "roadied" for local bands that had their own PA's/boards, etc. It they can afford the shit, why can't YOU?

I don't understand how an established act like Strange doesn't have their own shit.

Sounds like an "I found a brown M&M in my green M&M jar" situation. How are you going to be IN THE VENUE and not do a show, one way or another? Strange fucked up a great opportunity to just do songs over simple beats, whether they're from a stereo, beatboxing, an ipod... whatever. It's shit like that, and not the same cookie cutter show you guys always put together that people talk about, appreciate, and remember.

Watch NOFX Backstage Passport and cry about your fucking rider. NOFX is a classic punk band that has played to every city you've ever driven through, went to third world fucking countries and did shows. They by the way, actually play instruments. So they need more than a fuckin' cd player and a mic. When the promoter fucked up the entire show in Peru, Fat Mike played acoustic, by himself, outside the fucking motel for like 50 kids.

That's about the same size crowd you play to in NY.

You guys sound like a bunch of bitches.

Oh and btw, NOFX isn't on a major label. They paid for this whole tour out of their pockets. You can't watch this video and then cry to me about your fucking PA.

The show used to go the fuck on. I'd say I was surprised at Strange but... they've canceled two NY shows too.

You guys need to learn some fuckin' respect for the fans. The kids bought the tickets. Do the show.

Period.

Jan 21, 2008
they where all at the bowling alley next door at the meet n' greet and that was cool. Then all the tourbuses started leaving when the meet n' greet was over, and everyone was like wtf? Then some guy came out and started saying its cancelled. He said Tech said "Im a rockstar, im not playing in here". Hell i dont blame him, all the equipment was like 30 yrs old

May 29, 2009
The Dtown show they played had technical issues like a motherfucker, too. Cog freestyled his entire set because the bass was too high he couldnt hear a fucking thing so he just spat the shit out like a champion.

Oct 17, 2006
It doesn't sound like tech to say "I'm a fucking rock star I'm not playing this place"...now while I don't personally know tech, or anyone on strange, I live in a smaller tone that gets a lot of shows and have been going since like 03. Tech has played places here with shitty equipment in a warehouse where the sound was reverberating insanely bad.

And zero, I feel the opposite of you. If they were "a bunch of bitches" they would have taken off before the meet and greet. Starange prides themselves on their stage show, if that can't be right then they are doing the fans that go a disservice.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
they where all at the bowling alley next door at the meet n' greet and that was cool. Then all the tourbuses started leaving when the meet n' greet was over, and everyone was like wtf? Then some guy came out and started saying its cancelled. He said Tech said "Im a rockstar, im not playing in here". Hell i dont blame him, all the equipment was like 30 yrs old
I'm calling bullshit.

Feb 9, 2006
I'm calling bullshit.
I wouldnt be too quick to dismiss the alleged "Tech statement". A couple years back, I think it was around 05' or so. Tech did a show here in Seattle and Neumos, because of the high demand they had for those tickets, once they got here, they re-booked a show the very next night at this club down here in Tacoma called club 151 or sum shit like that. I had never even heard of that place before. Anywayz, I didnt get a chance to get tix to the Seattle show, so I bought tix to this Tacoma show. Everyone was there ready to go, Im lookin around at this place, it was super shitty. It was a bowling alley they converted into a club. Ghetto and small as shit. Tech gets there, sees the place and the setup, they immediately cancel the show due to "technical issues"... So its not like he hasnt done this before. Tech is a cocky mutha fucker sumtimes and it wouldnt surprise me for him to cancel a show because he thinks hes too good for that location... Just my 2 cents.

BEAR

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2007
Sounds like an "I found a brown M&M in my green M&M jar" situation. How are you going to be IN THE VENUE and not do a show, one way or another? Strange fucked up a great opportunity to just do songs over simple beats, whether they're from a stereo, beatboxing, an ipod... whatever. It's shit like that, and not the same cookie cutter show you guys always put together that people talk about, appreciate, and remember.
Agree. It made me respect the hell out of RATM

Not to mention my favorite band's side project. The entire keyboard rig went down and they improvised the rest of the show with mostly blues. Here's the keyboard player on the guitar, and the guitar player on bass: