What SF artist has biggest fan base?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ispeakthetruth

Jul 27, 2008
Rappin 4 Tay ( Gold Albums, music videos too short, mc breed, 2 pac collabos)
The Fast 1 & Tha Dangla (They been doin it big since 95 source magazine shit!!!!!!) Frisco's tightest are the Fast 1 & Tha dangla
Jt the bigga figga (just an all around hustler)

Feb 24, 2006
most this shit is nonsense , shut that messy marv shit up yall snorting his dick to much heres the real ...

san quinn , glp , rappin 4tay . rbl posse . and i hate to tell u but dre dog to other then that most is peons of the scene and theres a few hip hop acts i forget they name

Feb 15, 2008
There is no argument about this as of right now you want to compare numbers Andre Nickatina is the biggest rap artist out of san francisco hands down in the 2000s. His concerts bring in 1000 people plus each time he performs he has a huge college fan base. Not to mention he also sells records still on his own label 20k plus units sold without a big time distribution. The roots had Nicky perform with them in New York city a few months ago.

San Francisco has never had a rap artist have a gold or platinum album. But over all Rappin 4 tay would have been the biggest in the 90s with players club, he has a verse on TWDY players holiday, and was on Tupac All eyes on me. Not to mention 4 tay was also nominated on the real deal MTV music awards for best rap video with ILL BE AROUND.

Apr 25, 2002
Andre Nickatina in all factors of the game sales shows respect etc...San Quinn comes in a close second IMO, not as well known but when cats start to check the catalog they know Quinn got hits. Plus you can't forget I Give You My Word that CD was straight knock came out when the Bay was poppin full force and Quinn spit fire track after track, "Hard Way" was the knock on the radio for about 6 months...I'd put Mess in third Mess has a decent fanbase. Your own neighborhood gotta have your back though if you wanna be your City's biggest artist, but I remember livin in Denver and cats talkin bout Messy Marv.

Bailey, Big Rich, JT, 4tay, Cisco, 11/5, 211, RBL, IMP etc etc cant knock the talent that come through the City for all these years...

Sep 10, 2009
not a shot at ya but I dont hink Mess has sold more than RBL. Bammer weed got them major nationwide exposure and that fan base was HUGE for them and has carried over over the years. These days though, music dont sell so I doubt anyone is selling GREAT amounts of CD's....
"don't give me no bammer weed, we don't smoke that shit in the s-f-c."

that shit took me back, i had to slap it real quick for the one time. thanks for posting that

ispeakthetruth

Jul 27, 2008
I will be SF's biggest artist. you can bet your ass that I wont be but when it happens a chastity belt wouldnt keep me from owning you! let me put that on the line
I will come forth w/20 g's and retrieve production from JT, Mike Mosley, Droop-E, Brotha lynch Hung and sean T. I will have features such as D-MOE, 4TAY,B-legit, dru down, Levitti, Rydah J clyde, San Quinn, and will even pull a unheard mac dre verse (fresh not recycled! My man in san rafael is sitting on 4 unreleased & unheard mac dre tracks, all vocals tracked out and jesus christ himself couldnt reposess them i promise you.)
I have unbelievable heat on the mic..........The day will come soon....before 2012 i know.

Nov 17, 2009
I'm not from cali so that tells you how far his name is traveling
I remember back in 95 when I went to Germany...some german cats I was rolln wit was bumpn a Paris solo cd...they all had heard of him over there. They were trippn tho when I busted out the "tales from the crypt" & "99ways 2 die"tape. At that time they only had heard of spice1,2pac,Paris,etc. Obviously his name gets out of Cali....but if u weren't bumpin gangsta shit n da early 90's u might of slept on Paris.

Nov 23, 2006
www.myspace.com
YEAH ITS DEFINITELY NICKATINA... SOME OF YALL DOUBT IT BECAUSE YOU DONT REALLY HEAR TOO MANY BLACK FOLKS KNOCKIN HIS SHIT. MOSTLY WHITE KIDS AND LATINOS TOO. I WOULD ALWAYS HEAR HIS SHIT WHEN I KICKED IT IN THE MISSION.

I REMEMBER KNOCKIN SOME OLD SCHOOL DRE DOG ON A BOOMBOX AND THIS KID FROM THE MOE SAID "PLAY A FILLMOE RAPPER!" AND I LOOKED AT HIM LIKE HE WAS RETARDED.

BUT ASK MOST OTHER BAY ARTISTS PERIOD AND THEY WILL TELL YOU.. NICKY IS DOING SHOWS ACCROSS THE STATE IN CITIES MOST BAY RAPPERS HAVE NEVER EVEN BEEN TO. AND EVERY TIME HE DROPS A CD HE MOVES UNITS.

HE'S A MAINEY ASS CLEVER BUSINESSMAN SO MOST OF HIS SHIT SEEMS ON THE UNDER BUT IF YOU REALLY TRIP OFF IT, HE GOT SHIT SEWED UP.

Oct 9, 2008
I remember back in 95 when I went to Germany...some german cats I was rolln wit was bumpn a Paris solo cd...they all had heard of him over there. They were trippn tho when I busted out the "tales from the crypt" & "99ways 2 die"tape. At that time they only had heard of spice1,2pac,Paris,etc. Obviously his name gets out of Cali....but if u weren't bumpin gangsta shit n da early 90's u might of slept on Paris.
guarantee you more people have heard of rappin 4-tay..