What movie did you just watch and what did you think?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
i bought the godfather coppola restoration blu-ray set, watched 1 and 2 this morning. man those movies kick so much ass lol, especially the first one. love those movies and the restoration is awesome. its not like super sharp you can see the pores in peoples face quality but watching it was like watching it in the theaters, it was a true cinematic experience, the way its supposed to be watched. going to watch 3 when i get off work
i havent finished the session by watching 3 yet, i havent seen the movies in quite awhile so i needed some time to let it marinate after a 6 1/2 hour session of I & II lol.

somethings that are really resonating with me right now was how different the first movie was from the second, and how much michael has changed during that time. it seems in the first movie he killed the corrupt police chief and sollozo out of necessity. he wasnt neccessarily an evil man at that time, just a family man who had to do what he had to do to avenge his father and protect his family. but after apollonia (fuckin hot as hell by the way) gets killed he turns into a paranoid sociopath monster. i mean just one example that i can think of right now was how in the first movie you start off right away with this huge sense of family, everybody is laughing and its feels really good, music going people laughing and clapping at his sisters wedding. his father Vito had shit proper. in the beginning of II we see michael with the senator at his sons party and frank pentangeli is wondering where the hell the italian music is, he wants to drink and dance and clap because hes accustomed to how vito has had things. by the end of the movie michael is fully transformed, hes paranoid, he has destroyed his family completely with his greed and the pursuit of power. its just a stunning contrast and its really heavy. its such a drastic change and im not ready to watch 3 yet, ill give it some time, because i know 3 is pretty heavy as well.

anyway i could talk about the movies for quite awhile and theres not enough time so ill leave it at that for now
just watched 1 & 2 no real plans on watching 3 either

definitely more of a fan of 1 than 2, pacino was much more engaging as the returning soldier trying to hold his family together than the ruthless king he became

vito & sonny characterized 2 aspects of what michael would later become a lot better imo, he was just cold & empty during the 2nd film, i was completely indifferent to him for the majority of it, pacino played it so flat

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA

definitely more of a fan of 1 than 2, pacino was much more engaging as the returning soldier trying to hold his family together than the ruthless king he became

vito & sonny characterized 2 aspects of what michael would later become a lot better imo, he was just cold & empty during the 2nd film, i was completely indifferent to him for the majority of it, pacino played it so flat
yea but i think that was the point of number two, to contrast his father with himself. it shows you how his father had humble beginnings and built his empire on mutual respect and adoration from those around him. and how michaels empire is one built mostly on fear and violence. i think he did an excellent job acting, nailed the role perfectly. you definitely feel better after watching the first movie than the second, but theyre both great in their own regards. its a tie for me. i still havent watched part 3 yet (i have in the past just not since i got the restoration set), about to watch it in the morning

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
Just finished Case de mi Padre starring Will Ferrel and this beautiful woman Genesis Rodriguez:

Not sure if it's a body double, but you get to see her ass & cleavage, so there's that. This movie is a tasteful parody of Spanish telenovelas & it's pretty damn entertaining. It is 90% Spanish so subtitles are needed. If you watch online, find a copy with good subtitles because mine was absolute shit. 6.2/10; would watch again with better subtitles.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Sergio Leone is the man. Always a good watch with his films.
The score and cinematography were top notch. I need to re watch alot of westerns I saw as a kid, Bronson and Eastwood were my favourites on screen.

Suggest some I maybe havn't seen if you can.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
The Sergio Leone westerns should all be seen (again). I don't know much about the Bronson ones.

1964 A Fistful of Dollars
1965 For a Few Dollars More
1966 The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
1968 Once Upon a Time in the West
1971 Duck, You Sucker (aka A Fistful of Dynamite)

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA

i watched number 3 yesterday; its so good in its own way. dont watch it and compare it to the first and second movie, just watch it as itself and enjoy it for what it is is what i suggest. there a lot of awesome stuff, like when joey and vincent meet in front of michael, that was an awesome scene. or the helicopter hit, the whole immobiliare business dealings, good stuff. mosca the assassin was one of the coolest characters in the whole movie series. dont overanalyze it just check it out, its a fitting end to the trilogy