what does GAMES 98K first week mean for the west?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 3, 2008
mtv and bet dont play videos. they pushed his shit back 25 times, he changed his tracklisten a trillion times and the young rap buying market on the west is into that non gangsta skinny jean mohawk shit rap now.

Dec 26, 2004
www.slapmaster.net
^^^ 40 doing better for himself by being independent. I rather be 40 then Game right about now
40 been out longer and has other means of making money besides rap i.e. Invested the money in real estate, restaurants, ect ect. 40 is a business man! ... and he still does music for the love. But the sales dont compare to The Game.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
The market for Gangsta / Mob music is fading fast... these kids today "which are the biggest consumers of music if its even bought" are on a different hype today. Those numbers still calculate more money then any other artist would make on a release in the Bay today. There are few artist in the Bay that get the picture right now and I bet you will see them all over the nation soon.
No artist in the bay is gonna be seen all over the nation soon.

Feb 3, 2006
Number 1 album in the US is not bad at all, for a album with no hot singles getting radio play. The Red Album is a great piece of work. Good job Game.

Aug 24, 2002
Those numbers or better than I thought's they'd be, I projected no more than 60,000. No strong buzz for this album, no hit single to precede it. What a difference a few years make, way more people downloading for free than there was 3 years ago. Not sure quality has a whole lot to do with it.

Apr 28, 2003
It means nothing for the west.

LA is killin it right now with Kendrick, Blu, Dom Kennedy, and whole lot of other young up and coming talent.

The bay is pretty much a joke at this point, you have no stand out artist because all of these wack niggas sound the same and do the same cheap southern immitation. The beats are generic as fuck too.. No one's checkin for DB the General and cats like that because Gucci, Waka, and various other "trap rappers" do what they do..but MUCH better. I wont even mention sactown...I think T Nutty is the last "young" Sactown rapper that I've checked for...and that was back in 03-04.

The bay had it's opportunity but cats fucked it up by being corny and unoriginal with that Hyphy shit and turned bay area rap into a joke...

In the Early to mid 00' you had a nice ressuregence. Cats were steppin their shit up... Mac Dre, Quinn, Jacka, Keak, Guce, Mess, Sean T all dropped classic albums. The New Bay.. Frontline, Balance, Ya Boy, FAB (Even tho he's a corny coon now), etc were showing potential and getting recognition from the media. Rick Rock was becoming a house hold name, etc You had it...Then Mac Dre dies and instead of using his blueprint to keep the movemen going. Niggas took the WORST elements from his style and tried to run with it which resulted in some of the most laughable rap songs ever (Ghost Ride It). Not to mention the thousands of "go stoopid" esque songs with the oversimplified beats that sounded the EXACT same...

Fast foward to 2011 and your top prospects are Kreayshawn and LIl B. A Scrawny pasty white bitch and quasi-homo wierdo. LOL

Oct 25, 2007
www.antilabs.net
people from the west don't know how to make music people in the national audience can relate to. period. that's that atl shit, they make music people can attach themselves to and aspire to be like. even that dumb shit. that's why kreay and lil b are winnin lightweight is because they're what these kids wanna be these days. they wanna party, they wanna be themselves, they wanna be little fake art rockstar weirdos w/clip-on earrings or w/e the fuck. that's what's rockin right now.

Jan 18, 2007
You really can't trust any record sells numbers anymore.....But if everyone actually sells the number of albums they say, then that's not bad at all......100 thowow records in a week without much fanfare is very respectable......

Apr 24, 2011
1st off the album was dopesongs were not very well placed tho
2nd he sold 300,000 those 98k are only U.S sales so what does that mean well every other country buys music but the U.S
3 it mite be good for LA but doesnt mean shit for the bay i seen a tweet today stating the west was back on attached was a gang of la artist not one bay artist they dont even conisder is west they consider us bay what does that mean for the west absolutly nothing the bay been haf albums in stores La makes a huge deal about an album dropping they support their artist granted we got out own grind but bay artist need to come together plan out only 2 artist drop a month an every one push for those 2 monthly but ey what the fuck do i know haha