what does GAMES 98K first week mean for the west?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 11, 2011
"Back in Cali niggas blazin stress, waitin on Detox to save the west. Even if the shit is dope, it aint givin you niggas hope, unless your signatures wrote on a check from Interscope. NOPE, move on." - Crooked I
The point of this thread should be that Crooked's by far the hottest west coast rapper right now, and LA is on a huge come-up. The bay is as weak as it has been since I can remember (born in 85), so probably ever and it ain't getting any better. A-wax is legitimately the only rapper out here that I gaf about his release dates. All other hope went up Mess nose or to Ya Boy's head cuz they both trash now too. SMH

Nov 20, 2005
nothin he wont sell any more , yeah its a solid record but nothin to brag about or consider a classic he will go gold and thats it.. he make videos about kissing 50 cents ass and bleek is wack..game is overrated

Nov 20, 2005
The point of this thread should be that Crooked's by far the hottest west coast rapper right now, and LA is on a huge come-up. The bay is as weak as it has been since I can remember (born in 85), so probably ever and it ain't getting any better. A-wax is legitimately the only rapper out here that I gaf about his release dates. All other hope went up Mess nose or to Ya Boy's head cuz they both trash now too. SMH
Agree
Crooked always killin beats, maybe with shady he can finally drop a album!!

Nov 20, 2005
are you being sarcastic? crooked I's window closed about 7 years ago. why do you think LA as a whole in on the come-up?

idk hes has to be the only artist that has not fallen off just gotten better,from the Young Boss Mixtapes to Hip Hop Weeklys, what other artist has been underground and progressing all this years.
All other artist come up with 1 single and they are back in the bucket with everyone else.
wheres nipsy??
game flopped witout 50!!
snoop c mon time to retire!
glasses cd was okay took forever to drop.

Aug 17, 2002
idk hes has to be the only artist that has not fallen off just gotten better,from the Young Boss Mixtapes to Hip Hop Weeklys, what other artist has been underground and progressing all this years.
All other artist come up with 1 single and they are back in the bucket with everyone else.
wheres nipsy??
game flopped witout 50!!
ya crooked is dope no denying that, but as far as him blowing up, i dunno. there is a lot of talent out there that never gets recognized.

Mar 11, 2011
ya crooked is dope no denying that, but as far as him blowing up, i dunno. there is a lot of talent out there that never gets recognized.
No sarcasm, I didn't know I was gonna have to wake game tho. Sheesh.

Yes sir I would say being signed as a solo artist to Interscope/AFtermath/Shady Records would indicate that one is hotter than a motherfucker at this present time. Also having a group signed to that same label that actually is illest shit in hip-hop right now (other than Em or Ye, and obviously minus Joe Budden) would also lead one to believe that Crook is on the come up.

I agree, this man has been bodyin beats for years, hella long career huh. Maybe he's the Chipper Jones of rap lol.

Feb 8, 2003
are you being sarcastic? crooked I's window closed about 7 years ago. why do you think LA as a whole is on the come-up?
crooked just getting started. how is his window closed when he signed to the most popular rap artist for the last decade and one the most known labels? Crooked is in a winners position now his results is up to the people if they buy into the music or not when it drops.

Feb 8, 2003
wheres nipsy??
game flopped witout 50!!
nipsey they havent dropped his album bc they know this not the right time for him. its all about timing when it comes to music.

game fucked up bc he kept contradicting himself in interviews, then tryna work with 50 again that made him look weak to the public. he was saying all kinds of negative shit about 50 discrediting him then tryna do business with him again. reason dre abandoned himself from the red album was bc he picked 50 cent. he knows 50 along with Em is his money makers and great creative song writer. like the old saying goes never bite the hand that feed you. Game just getting hit with karma remember he was laugjing at lloyd banks for only selling 100,000 albums and 50.

snoop dont have to retire he still doing successful tours and dropping hot albums he more then just a rapper. so hes more like a leader of the new school or mentor for upcoming west artists.

glasses imo his voice sounds alot like game pre red album except His music not strong enough to make a impact he gonna have to turn it up a notch on his next album. did yall actually think he was gonna be big?

did you noticed something about them four rappers you mentioned?

nipsey sounds like snoop.
glasses sounds like game.

Apr 25, 2002
i see where you come from, but Royce could never fuck with Em. he lyrically aint on Ems level. now Crook, the only thing Em got over Crook is Em can make radio hits. Crooked aint a radio man. hopefully with this shit behind him he can do it big on tv/radio.

Em and Crooked are 2 of the best lyricists. ever. period. imo.

Apr 28, 2003
Em ain't nowhere near the lyricist he used to be, he's a almost a shell of his former self. If his flow and delivery weren't so damn flawless he'd be considered a mediocre rapper based on his lyrics alone. Dude, has spit some of the worst punchlines of his career these past few years. Those wack Lil Wayne/Big Sean esque punchlines don't work well for him.. He can still rap his ass off but he's far from being the rapper he was on his Slim Shady and MMLP days. Again, his flow and his delivery conceal his weak spots..

Still it says alot that he can be a half assed rapper and still out rap 90% of these other mainstream rappers.

milkky

The Milk Man
Sep 6, 2010
I read an article today on some HipHop news site and apparently (coming from Games mouth, so who knows how true it is..) He spent $400,000 out of pocket on this album (features, studio time, etc). I mean it took multiple years and he probably recorded 100+ songs for the album so I can believe I read an article today on some HipHop news site and apparently (coming from Games mouth, so who knows how true it is..) He spent $400,000 out of pocket on this album (features, studio time, etc). I mean it took multiple years and he probably recorded 100+ songs for the album so I can believe that.. Personally I thought the Games music was straight especially his debut album, but I cant forget about his actions off wax..: His bi polar antics, hating someoneone one day and next day jumping ship and changing his mind.. Being on Change of Heart (with a toungue ring).. Being a male stripper.. Butter fly tattoo on his face.. Questionable Gang reputation (hes been called a false flagger by more than 1 person, including his own brother if im not mistaken)..... ETC I cant over look all of that. It would be one thing if his music was off the motherfuckin chain but its not..

As far as what this 'means' for the West Coast.. I dont think it means shit really. He isnt a good representative of the West Coast both as far as popularity or talent goes. At one point in time he might have been the hottest thing going for Cali but now adays no one is.
If he only sold 90,000 in his prime then that would be different. Plus as someones already pointed out, he has dropped multiple mixtapes in the last year including within this last month, so the few fans he does have, are probably over saturated with his shit already.
We all know that record sales arent what they used to be, and they probably never will. I predict his album falls off the charts, just because his album beat out the Kanye/Jay Z album ONE week doesnt mean it will stay. He got lucky, and next week will be different. Reality will set in and He will cry and pull some other stunt on Youtube to get some more Gimmick sales.