What do you bart cats think of kanye west?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 23, 2003
kanye is dope ass hell......i don't like the roc too much, but their production team, damn........and you wonder why they so big in the industry......take that dipset album, those dudes are not good rappers, but the beats on that cd are off the hook........wish i had some production like that.......jmo

May 8, 2002
Im feelin this Chi-Town Cat to the fullest. Peep "The Good The Bad The Ugly" Its one of the songs that didnt make final cut for College Dropout. Tightest song I heard in a minute. Im a definatley have to cop Nas's Lost Tapes 2 and Kanye West's College Dropout in a couple a weeks. They both drop on the same day.

Jun 13, 2002
he's coo. i haven't been listenin to his shit that long, buit from what i've heard so far, i like it. that song "through the wire" is tyte. when i first heard it, i aint like it, but it began to grow on me.

Apr 25, 2002
for real

im laughin at the haters on these boards.........a tyson, make some better beats, then talk shit.......or sayin hes overated? to me, dudes hella underrated.....ill admit hes average-good on the mic, but the man is savage on the beats.....now how can u knock that?

Nov 14, 2002
03. Dead Prez – It’s Bigger Than Hip-Hop

Talib Kweli – Quality (Nov. 19, 2002)
03. Get By

Ludacris – Chicken-N-Beer (Oct. 7, 2003)
03. Stand Up (feat. Shawnna.........luda helped him with this beat too!!!!!

i havent heard all that stuff you listed, but the only ones i am feeling out most of those are those right there. i dont like all that chimpmonk shit singing all thru the rap song(just dont mix).but i guess hes very needed in the rap game cause without producers like kanye west,the producers will still be stuck on loopin zapp songs.

Apr 25, 2002
SF
I dont see why you all love him so much. I dont feel his style of production at all, I think the sped-up samples sound horrible. and it gets played the fuck out when producers start using it on all their tracks. and yall give him too much credit anyway caus he's not the one who "created" that style. wu producers mathematics and 4th disciple especially have been doin that style for a while.

as far as his rapping skills - i dont think he has any. at least not anything that separates him from the rest of the industry. I heard a battle with him and fellow chi-town rapper COMMON and common tore him up. kanye straight embarassed himself and common killed him without even trying..

STS

Sicc OG
Sep 12, 2002
krishna said:
I dont see why you all love him so much. I dont feel his style of production at all, I think the sped-up samples sound horrible. and it gets played the fuck out when producers start using it on all their tracks. and yall give him too much credit anyway caus he's not the one who "created" that style. wu producers mathematics and 4th disciple especially have been doin that style for a while.

as far as his rapping skills - i dont think he has any. at least not anything that separates him from the rest of the industry. I heard a battle with him and fellow chi-town rapper COMMON and common tore him up. kanye straight embarassed himself and common killed him without even trying..
the dude is versatile, look at ludacris- stand up, no soul beats involved and thats 1 hot beat.
"and yall give him too much credit anyway caus he's not the one who "created" that style. wu producers mathematics and 4th disciple especially have been doin that style for a while."
Did you not look at the list I posted? I give him credit for bringing all those hot beats.