what bay rappers touched a million plus

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 20, 2003
Nuttkase said:
I'm confused. Are you guys talking about a which bay rappers have sold a million copies of their albums or have made a million dollars off of albums? Because half of you are throwing out RIAA numbers and the other half are talking about money.

the question to me sounds like who has seen a million go into there bank acount in there carrer not album sales but i could be wrong

Feb 13, 2006
Nuttkase said:
I'm confused. Are you guys talking about a which bay rappers have sold a million copies of their albums or have made a million dollars off of albums? Because half of you are throwing out RIAA numbers and the other half are talking about money.
same thing i was thinking. cause just cause an artist sold a million cds doesnt mean shit, especially if your signed. and just cause your signed doesnt mean your making bank. signed artists usually only earn about $1 (if that) for each record sold. the rest of the scrill goes to the record company vampire who feed off of the unknowing artist. and then whatever they make from those records has to go to promotions, any videos they make, etc.

Apr 25, 2002
www.mir-store.com
Man, we got some ignorant sumbitches here or just some young dummies. Not many Bay rappers are "millionaires". Matter of fact, some of your fav rappers would be LUCKY to say they are "thousandaires".

With all the broke fans burning all the cds, where do you think the local rappers make all this money??????? Just cuz your favorite rapper raps about driving a Denali doesn't mean they don't get dropped off at the studio by their grandma haha I'VE SEEN IT

Jul 20, 2002
JT The Bigga Figga made AT LEAST a million off that The Game release before that he was already touching some bread but not like that. That's all I can say for sure. Richie Rich has property in Oakland that is government subsidized (Section 8) and he is definitely touching on some millions.

Apr 4, 2006
E40
The Luniz( between album sales, touring, and features)
Pac( and was owed millions in additional earnings from Death Row/Interscope)
JT The Bigga Figga earned 800K total from the released Game projects
Yukmouth as a solo artist between touring domestically, internationally, album and mixtape sales independently, real estate, etc....

I"m curious as to how Richie Rich has so much property but if he owns subsidized property then that is money in the bank so his business savy is excellent because California real estate is good as gold.

May 9, 2002
btownboss said:
E40
The Luniz( between album sales, touring, and features)
Pac( and was owed millions in additional earnings from Death Row/Interscope)
JT The Bigga Figga earned 800K total from the released Game projects
Yukmouth as a solo artist between touring domestically, internationally, album and mixtape sales independently, real estate, etc....

I"m curious as to how Richie Rich has so much property but if he owns subsidized property then that is money in the bank so his business savy is excellent because California real estate is good as gold.
This sounds much more realilstic...

For some reason...people like to believe that if a rapper is signed to a major label...they are PAID...this is a HUGE urban legend...

Record companies FRONT artists MONEY for their album...in which they must give BACK before they see a DIME....

And if an artist makes $1 of their album...they are some lucky fucks...REAL lucky....artists usually see about .10 an album...sometimes more..sometimes LESS....

Know the politics before you start throwin out names...seriously...

And as far as independent cats go....with NO to LITTLE distribution...you still have to PAY for your album to get pressed($1500 for 1000 cds)...and then try and get them off for $10....in which case...most end up givin deals...2 for $15 and what not...not to metion all the FREE album you give ou to promote to record labels...DJs...that sort...

Dont be fooled people...unless you OWN rights and have a GOOD contract with a record company....rappers dont make SHIT in the end...unless youre someone like 50 Cent or Eminem...

But i WILL tell you who gets breaded...and i know DJ Pimp can back me on this...

Producers

Why?Cus they get paid no matter what...you wanna beat?Cash me out.You want me to mix your shit?Cash me out.Mastered?Cash me out.

People like Timbo and Dre sellin beats for a 1/4 a million...im sure theres other shit they have to do and cash out....but thats money...

LOL@your favorite rapper being a millionaire...wowzers...

Jan 15, 2006
Oh coy know what he talking about.. this the problem with alot of these fans these days ignorance (and not just when it comes to the bussiness side of rap) they dont even know half about what they speaking on.

Rappers signed to majors ussually live off showmoney thats how they get paid and that can be real good money depending on your popularity at the time.. But as far as getting real money from album sales...? forget about it.. unless u doing 50 cent, ludacris, eminem numbers. Most artists on major labels get paid anything from 10-60 cents an album if THAT (unless you made the label alot of money already or have a huge buzz and already sold alot of records independently) and dont forget aboutall the promo, videos etc. that has to be paid for too.. Plus alot of major artists get fucked on their publishing too. So dont let none of these major artists fool you cuz in reality alot of these niggaz pockets really hurtin alot more then you would think. Most Major Record labels are shady and dont give a fuck about the artist himself.

As far as the independent game goes you can really eat well if you have a consistent fanbase and you know you are going to sell a certain amount of units everytime you drop an album. But when you independent you pay for everything yourself (distr, promo, pressing etc.) so when your album doesnt do to well you loosing money and an artist on a major doesnt have to worry about that cuz the label pays for everything.

And a question for the threadstarter.. what do you mean with "who touched a million" ? U mean who made a million troughout they career or who actually had or has a mill sitting on his bankaccount ?

Nov 7, 2005
luniz ain't see no million. C&H might have, but they only got a few thousand. yuk didn't start caking until he went solo. the delinquents got more cake than half of them dudes y'all naming put together. they have had huge selling indie albums and major deals, real estate the whole nine.

Apr 24, 2006
SPICE 1- 3 GOLD ALBUMS(SPICE 1, 187 HE WROTE, AMERIKKKAS NIGHTMARE) .....NO PLATINUM ALBUMS
N2Deep 1 GOLD ALBUM (BACK TO THE HOTEL).....NO PLATINUM ALBUMS
E-40 2 GOLD RECORDS(HALL OF GAME, ELEMENT OF SURPRISE)..1 PLATINUM(IN A MAJOR WAY...certified gold 6/16/95...certified platinum 6/3/02)
Luniz OPERATION STACKOLA certified gold 9/18/95...cert. platinum 6/20/00
Yukmouth THUGGED OUT certified gold 1/19/06

Besides the obvious...(Hammer, Pac, Short, Digital Underground) these are the only certified gold/platinum albums