What artists from the Golden Age are still bringin it?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
eh i think that rebellion against all there is, is a dope ass album. if you heard it and didnt like it thats cool but if you aint heard it youtube the title track feat ray luv and izm aint bad. theres some really good tracks from that album i feel. most of the album aint all pimp shit or thizz shit but some real life shit.
I thought that album had a few dope tracks, the entirety of the album was meh.... like most of his recent stuff.

Izm is a banger.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I agree that Spice 1 might still have a classic in him. I been listening to him a lot lately. He really benefitted from great production back in the day. If he could get in there and vibe with his producers, I bet he could drop something major again

Props: stackadolla
Jan 18, 2006
Nickatina, Quinn, and Yukmouth. Most there projects these days just arent good cuz of the production yet ive heard them kill it when the beat is dope as fuck and this is within the last year or so. Bay Area producers need to step there game up but thats for another discussion i guess

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
I cant stand Most of this stuff from the new generation.

Sadly no matter what the region is, most of the rappers us old guys grew up on are washed up.

So, who from the 90s and 2000s has put out a classic album in the past 5 years?
How were the 2000s part of the Goden Age?

The answer is nobody - some (and they are a minority) are still making good music but the magic is gone.

Props: Darkshowdown
Feb 8, 2003
this just dropped downloaded it but didnt listen yet

01. Cream Team - Yukmouth, Chino Nino & Ampichino
02. Round Table - Yukmouth, Ampichino, K Skrill, Bossie & Shoboat
03. All I Need - Yukmouth & Chino Nino
04. Superstar - Yukmouth, Ampichino & K Skrill
05. Another Evening - Yukmouth & Chino Nino
06. D-Boy Movement - Dru Down, Chino Nino & Ampichino
07. Mob **** - Jacka, Joe Blow & Chino Nino
08. Hello - Dru Down, Yukmouth, Chino Nino, Lee Majors & Cuzzo Fly 09. I Go - Chino Nino
10. No Turning Back - Chino Nino & K Skrill
11. Mike Vic - Lee Major, Joe Blow, Yukmouth & Chino Nino
12. Going In - Chino Nino
13. Light It up - Yukmouth & Chino Nino
14. All We Know - Jacka, Joe Blow & Chino Nino
15. Yeah Yeah Yeah - Yukmouth & Ampichino

Last edited:
Props: second650
Apr 25, 2002
How were the 2000s part of the Goden Age?

The answer is nobody - some (and they are a minority) are still making good music but the magic is gone.
IMO rappers from the Golden Age were still putting out dope music in the early 2000s. Id say that time frame should be considered the peak of the golden age, before the the downward spiral.

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
golden age depends on how old you are.
i was born in 84.
the golden era to me is 92 to 02.

younger cats consider different artists and times to be golden. older cats same issue just earlier.

bay area rap tho, man it sucks now. too short/ sic wit it/ dru & the luniz, then rbl/ cellski/ messy marv, then mac dre/dubee n them, then yukmouth/ a-wax, then jacka/ livewire... i allways followed it and allmost listened to bay shit exclusively about the time pac passed...
the only shit i CAN stand now is young gully, nio the gift, da vinci and a few others..
the other night the homie thru on a pandora "bay area" channel and the shit was so repeatitive and all garbage.

Jul 6, 2009
I try to like rap these days but I feel less impressed with it every few months. Theres still a hand full of artist i keep up with. but I listen to all kinds of different shit now days