What are some artists that are keeping hip hop alive....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Hip hop used to be an artfrom. But it has transformed into a business. There is a very small percentage of rappers on this planet keeping the 4 elements alive. Whatever happened to having djs on stage?! Haven't seen a nigga breakdance in ages. Grafitti is pretty non existant imo. All that's really alive for hip hop is the mc.

Feb 7, 2006
grafitti and hip hop as a cultural movement/artform is very much alive...travel the world, you don't even have to do that, it's just that black people move so fast and so many of us are focused on tangibles that we left most of this shit alonr in hip hop except for the money makin aspect of it: rap.

May 30, 2006
all bullshit aside most them niggas named are great lyricst in they time and got talent but them niggas are finished now they not keeping rap music alive the niggas thats successful and selling and barbershop talk right now are the ones keeping it alive.

These niggas are keeping that shit alive like it or not imgoing by facts. they not my favorites either..

Lil Wayne
Gucci Mane
Lealand(Yung LA)
T.I.
Busta Rhymes
Twista
Jay-Z
fabolous
Max B
Eminem
Kanye West
50 Cent
Cam'ron
I disagree....Anyone putting out quality music is keeping it alive whether I'm a fan of theirs or not....The names u have up there are really doing it big but thee are a legion of underground rappers from all over the United States that could take theri place even given the opportunity to be heard.

Oct 18, 2008
Like nas said in one of his interviews

when your young your hungry and it's cool and fun....

Then once you past that point it's a buisness and a piece of the fun and love for hip hop for gets ripped from your heart

Feb 9, 2006
Only MC's I really look forward to new shit coming out or features they are doin are....

Tech N9ne
The Game
Lil Wayne
Luda
Nas
Busta
Kanye
Yukmouth
Bone
Krizz Kaliko
Kutt Calhoun
Slaughterhouse
E-40
and Ice Cube

Whether they are rappers/Hip Hop artists whatever the fuck you wanna call it. When I go look for new music, I search them first, if I come across other shit too thats cool Ill bump it, but those are the ones that keep me interested in looking and listening to new music...

Hate it or love it those are my picks and I dont really give a shit how people feel about it...