What are some artists that are keeping hip hop alive....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2003
all bullshit aside most them niggas named are great lyricst in they time and got talent but them niggas are finished now they not keeping rap music alive the niggas thats successful and selling and barbershop talk right now are the ones keeping it alive.

These niggas are keeping that shit alive like it or not imgoing by facts. they not my favorites either..

Lil Wayne
Gucci Mane
Lealand(Yung LA)
T.I.
Busta Rhymes
Twista
Jay-Z
fabolous
Max B
Eminem
Kanye West
50 Cent
Cam'ron

Apr 20, 2005
Tanya Morgan, Lightheaded, Blu, Little brother, One Be Lo, LightHeaded, Gift of gab, oddisee, Nas, Dj premiere promotes alot of talent as well but these is just to name a few.

Apr 25, 2002
These niggas are keeping that shit alive like it or not imgoing by facts. they not my favorites either..

Lil Wayne
Gucci Mane
Lealand(Yung LA)
T.I.
Busta Rhymes
Twista
Jay-Z
fabolous
Max B
Eminem
Kanye West
50 Cent
Cam'ron
If thats whats keeping Hip Hop alive consider it dead and gone.

Feb 8, 2003
If thats whats keeping Hip Hop alive consider it dead and gone.
Its the truth rather you like them artists or not. bc they the ones that keep the money circulatibng in it. remember without money being made the business cant progress.

Look at it like whats mc donalds without the big mac or burger king with out the whopper bc those are them companies money making sandwiches rather they the best on the menu or not.

Jan 28, 2005
Some of y'all are really trippin saying some of your favorite homers/underground artists are "keeping hip hop alive."

The ones who keep it alive are setting trends. And I'm not talking about bubble gum pop "hip hop".

Essentially, the question is "Who's still putting out good hip hop music in an age full of BBGum pop stanky leg swagger bullshit?!"

You can hate on Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Jay-Z, Gucci and Eminem all you want, but the bottom line is they're getting spins keeping urban radio stations alive, while Tech N9ne still can't get it in his head he needs better features and BETTER BEATS if he can ever hope to cross over and be one of the cats keeping Hip Hop going in the lime light. Woulda been nice to get a Paul Wall feature back in 2006, but 2008 was too late. Same with a lot of other underground cats. Do what you want, but don't be afraid to might slight changes so it can appeal to a wider audience.

I'll admit a lot of artists aren't on par with their old shit, but at least I can still listen to it and not think "this artist has run their course."

Kid Kudi, Lupe, Common are all full of soul and keeping there names up there.

Jan 28, 2005
Some of y'all are really trippin saying some of your favorite homers/underground artists are "keeping hip hop alive."

The ones who keep it alive are setting trends. And I'm not talking about bubble gum pop "hip hop".

Essentially, the question is "Who's still putting out good hip hop music in an age full of BBGum pop stanky leg swagger bullshit?!"

You can hate on Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Jay-Z, Gucci and Eminem all you want, but the bottom line is they're getting spins keeping urban radio stations alive, while Tech N9ne still can't get it in his head he needs better features and BETTER BEATS if he can ever hope to cross over and be one of the cats keeping Hip Hop going in the lime light. Woulda been nice to get a Paul Wall feature back in 2006, but 2008 was too late. Same with a lot of other underground cats. Do what you want, but don't be afraid to might slight changes so it can appeal to a wider audience.

I'll admit a lot of artists aren't on par with their old shit, but at least I can still listen to it and not think "this artist has run their course."

Kid Kudi, Lupe, Common are all full of soul and keeping there names up there.