Weekly Movie Recomendation

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 14, 2004
Good Actors, Good Story, Good effects/Set Design, Good Director = Good Movie. I recomend the directors cut - it is really easy to find. Coming out soon is the Final Cut 5 dics DVD set. Check it out if you haven't seen it. It is a must see and a must have in the collection. Most recently ranked 97 on AFI's top 100 films list.

Blade Runner (1982)

Los Angeles, 2019: Rick Deckard of the LPD's Blade Runner unit prowls the steel & micro-chip jungle of the 21st century for assumed humanoids known as 'replicants'. Replicants were declared illegal after a bloody mutiny on an Off-World Colony, and are to be terminated upon detection. Man's obsession with creating a being equal to himself has back-fired.

In a survey conducted by the UK newspaper The Guardian in 2004, 60 scientists selected this movie as the best science fiction movie of all time, just ahead of 2001: A Space Odyssey
Great movie.

Apr 25, 2002
If you have ever played high school football or have a kid that plays high school football or remember high school and how football players were or just enjoy the sport this movie is for you. It is Hoop Dreams for Football (just now read that on the poster too - obviously not just coincidence). Another documentary for the list. This one has good pace, good quality, and should keep you in it till the end.

Go Tigers! (2001)

"Go Tigers!" is a rare behind-the-scenes chronicling of a remarkable season for the Massillon Tigers high school football team, played out in a small rustbelt town that draws its identity from football. During the course of the season, three young stars emerge who are forced to carry the burden of the town and their teammates as they confront their uncertain future.

Apr 25, 2002
Mickey Rourke is very good in this. The movie is heavily stylized and black and white. I enjoy this movie more for the good acting and the style of the film than of the plot or the writing. Appearances by Dennis Hopper, Nicholas Cage, Chris Penn, Laurence Fishburn, Tom Waits, and more.

Rumble Fish (1983)

Rusty James is the leader of a small, dying gang in an industrial town. He lives in the shadow of the memory of his absent, older brother -- The Motorcycle Boy. His mother has left, his father drinks, school has no meaning for him and his relationships are shallow. He is drawn into one more gang fight and the events that follow begin to change his life.

Apr 25, 2002
OK so Julia Roberts is in it, but don't count it out just yet. The rest of the acting is good and the story is great. Makes you feel for the Irish people and gives you an up and down of emotion through out - just might make you want to run out and join the IRA.

Michael Collins (1996)

Neil Jordan's depiction of the controversial life and death of Michael Collins, the 'Lion of Ireland', who led the IRA against British rule and founded the Irish Free State in 1921. After the disastrous defeat of Irish rebels by superior British forces during the Easter Week rebellion of 1916, Michael Collins develops new strategies for the independence of Ireland. His tactics include what is now recognized as urban guerrilla tactics and organized assassinations of G-Men, those Irish who work as informers for the British, and later members of British intelligence. Although Collins is conflicted about the necessity of this violent course, by 1921 the British are willing to negotiate and Sinn Fein President Eamon de Valera sends a reluctant Collins to London to negotiate a settlement. When Collins returns with a compromise of a divided Ireland and an Irish Free State, not a Republic, he is vilified. Collins is now faced with civil war as he struggles against those who insist on complete freedom for all of Ireland.

Apr 25, 2002
This movie is in color, has movie STARS in it, is in english, from the director of The Godfather and Apocalypse Now. I think some of you will find it interesting and quite good. Deals with some issues that are quite timely these days - privacy, spying, wiretapping, etc

The Conversation (1974)

A paranoid and personally-secretive surveillance expert has a crisis of conscience when he suspects that a couple he is spying on will be murdered.

Jan 31, 2003
Last night on Sundance I saw Chan Wook-Park's Sympathy for Mr Vengeance. I've seen a few of his films and personally this one, to me, is the most brilliantly directed. It seemed like every shot was perfect. I love Oldboy but there are some shots I was unsatisfied with. Sympathy didn't have a single one I thought could have been executed better. I would heavily recommend this.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
OK so Julia Roberts is in it, but don't count it out just yet. The rest of the acting is good and the story is great. Makes you feel for the Irish people and gives you an up and down of emotion through out - just might make you want to run out and join the IRA.

Michael Collins (1996)

Neil Jordan's depiction of the controversial life and death of Michael Collins, the 'Lion of Ireland', who led the IRA against British rule and founded the Irish Free State in 1921. After the disastrous defeat of Irish rebels by superior British forces during the Easter Week rebellion of 1916, Michael Collins develops new strategies for the independence of Ireland. His tactics include what is now recognized as urban guerrilla tactics and organized assassinations of G-Men, those Irish who work as informers for the British, and later members of British intelligence. Although Collins is conflicted about the necessity of this violent course, by 1921 the British are willing to negotiate and Sinn Fein President Eamon de Valera sends a reluctant Collins to London to negotiate a settlement. When Collins returns with a compromise of a divided Ireland and an Irish Free State, not a Republic, he is vilified. Collins is now faced with civil war as he struggles against those who insist on complete freedom for all of Ireland.
Great movie.

Mar 24, 2006
If you ever feel a little down and need a quick pick me up, i recommend this very underrated but yet thought provoking film that has withstood the test of time and never fails to bring a smile to my face!

Cool As Ice (1991)

Bad boy Vanilla Ice rides into town on his "steel horse" and quickly falls for a comely, sweet-natured local girl. Danger threatens the fragile new relationship, however, when it is revealed that the young woman's parents have been in the Witness Relocation Program for the past twenty years - and the men they put behind bars have suddenly stumbled upon their whereabouts.

^Come on now....with a plot like that, it will keep you on the edge of your seat!

Apr 25, 2002
I'm not a Shakespeare fan by any means. Middle/High School destroyed any possibility of me liking Shakespeare on a broad level. That being said I do have one exception when it comes to movies - Titus. Coincidentally this movie gets shit on by a lot of people and by a lot of Shakespeare lovers. You want gangsta? This story is gagnsta. Betrayal left and right. Murder, Rape, Incest, Family vs Family, Greed, Lust, etc. I like the style and color of this movie - not your traditional approach to Shakespeare at all. Costumes are very good as well.

Titus (1999)

War begets revenge. Victorious general, Titus Andronicus, returns to Rome with hostages: Tamora queen of the Goths and her sons. He orders the eldest hewn to appease the Roman dead. He declines the proffered emperor's crown, nominating Saturninus, the last ruler's venal elder son. Saturninus, to spite his brother Bassianus, demands the hand of Lavinia, Titus's daughter. When Bassianus, Lavinia, and Titus's sons flee in protest, Titus stands against them and slays one of his own. Saturninus marries the honey-tongued Tamora, who vows vengeance against Titus. The ensuing maelstrom serves up tongues, hands, rape, adultery, racism, and Goth-meat pie. There's irony in which two sons survive.

Director Julie Taymor fought against an NC-17 rating for the film, but finally agreed to make cuts in the Roman orgy scene in order to obtain an R rating. None of the gruesome violence, however, was considered inconsistent with an R rating.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
I saw this when i was kinda fucked up and it was dope, so i checked it sober, its a pretty good story......

Pans Labyrinth (2006)

Ofelia's love of fairy tales is obvious from the beginning of El Laberinto del fauno. Set in the not so tranquil Spanish woodlands of World War Two, where a small band of anti-fascism rebels are hiding out. This is where Ofelia and her pregnant mother have come to live, in the company of Capitán Vidal, Ofelia's new stepfather and soon to be father of her half-brother. It is with the brutal, unforgiving and totalitarian idealist Capitán Vidal, and his fascist troops, who must weed out these resistance fighters of the hills and woods, that Ofelia finds her release and distraction of the new world order and its warring factions and delves into the older, mysterious and enchanting world of fairies, faun's and giant frogs. Beautiful, charming, graphic and deadly.