Violence Plaguing San Francisco Night Life

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 13, 2005
Made this thread earlier and Someone moved it....

Fyi Most of the partys that get associated with violence ARE linked in one way or another with Bay Rap.people aint gettin shot & killed outside of the sir francis drake hotel or the gold club or other types of partys with diffrent music genres.....They shootin outside of the hip hop spots laced up or hostin bay rap.Its a big topic cause city hall has this issue on the table currently.And trying on ways to counter attack the problem.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008
With two killings outside nightclubs in the first week of this year in San Francisco police and city officials are hoping to come up with a plan to prevent more bloodshed at a special meeting later this month.
Marcus Peppars, 26, of San Francisco, was killed before 5 a.m. on New Year's Day after attending a party at a Ninth Street warehouse South of Market.
More club related violence occurred early Sunday and claimed the life of Clarence Corbin 34, of Antioch, who was shot outside Jelly's Dance Cafe at 295 Terry A. Francois Blvd. in Mission Bay.
"People are coming into the city to party, and more and more people are arming themselves. They feel they have a right to," said Lt. John Murphy of the homicide detail. "People are drunk after the clubs, they are looking for some place to go or things to do. And these confrontations start."
Other serious club-related violence erupted over the weekend. At 1:12 a.m. Sunday, police said, a patron at Club Vessel was wounded when a fight inside the club spilled out into the street at 89 Campton Place.
A little more than an hour later, two women were attacked outside City Nights at 715 Harrison St. San Francisco police Lt. Dan Mahoney said a group of women found the club closed, then were subjected to anti-gay epithets by two men. One woman was punched to the ground. The other suffered a skull fracture when she was hit by a bottle.
Mahoney said off-duty officers serving as security for the club arrested two Antioch men, Tylo Felix, 19, and Eric Owusubempah, 18.
In response to the violence, officials - from the mayor's office to police to members of the city's Entertainment Commission - will hold what they are billing as a policy summit meeting to discuss the issue Jan. 17. A time and place for the meeting has not been determined, officials said.
Police say they have been hampered in imposing rules on clubs since creation of the Entertainment Commission by the Board of Supervisors in 2003. Before, police say, they dealt directly with clubs to improve lighting, security and other measures. Now, they say, they frequently must go through the commission to bring about changes in club operations.
With the rash of killings, police officials say they want to work collaboratively with the commission, club owners and state beverage control regulators to improve club security.
"We want to work together, that's why we have a summit on the 17th - we are looking for ways to increase security with the clubs," said Sgt. Steve Mannina, police spokesman.
Police say they want club owners and their security staff to call them as soon as possible when there are problems, rather than simply trying to contain disputes.
"We hope to achieve a safe environment where people can go and enjoy the nightlife of San Francisco," Mannina said.
He said the Police Department is mapping the locations of problem clubs, adding patrols and bringing in state alcohol officials to crack down on violations.
"One of the common threads we see is that violence is happening very close to closing time or after," Mannina said. "We believe they are all spontaneous violence, and half the victims are not from San Francisco."
He said most of the attacks involve people who have had too much to drink.
Proponents of the 2002 legislation that led to the formation of the Entertainment Commission advocated for its creation in part with the argument that police had too free a hand to impose operating restrictions on the clubs and were taking the fun out of the city's nightlife.
Robert Davis, executive director of the Entertainment Commission, said Monday that his agency is looking into the recent incidents of violence.
"It is certainly a cause for concern," he said, adding that he does not see any friction with police over how to regulate clubs. "We work very closely with police in getting clubs into compliance. We want to be on the same page - we think we are."
He said police have the authority to issue citations against problem clubs. "Police do not have to consult us to issue a citation," he said.
However, he said, police do work with the commission in seeking restrictions on clubs beyond what is required by law.
"I think that the Entertainment Commission serves a very valuable purpose," Davis said. "We represent the stakeholders and work very closely with law enforcement and the management about the conditions of clubs," he said.
"We want to ensure a safe experience for people who want to partake in San Francisco nightlife."

Mar 27, 2006
Some people can't handle their liquor for shit. So how many murders is it already for san francisco? ( i'm not trying to glorify this shit at all btw.. )

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Made this thread earlier and Someone moved it....

Fyi Most of the partys that get associated with violence ARE linked in one way or another with Bay Rap.people aint gettin shot & killed outside of the sir francis drake hotel or the gold club or other types of partys with diffrent music genres.....They shootin outside of the hip hop spots laced up or hostin bay rap.Its a big topic cause city hall has this issue on the table currently.And trying on ways to counter attack the problem.

art imitates life, not the other way around.

Apr 13, 2005
art imitates life, not the other way around.
Yea the Fyodor Dostoevsky Philosophy.
At first, art imitates life. Then life will imitate art.Then life will find its very existence from the arts.~Fyodor Dostoevsky
Or
Life imitates Art far more than Art imitates Life . . . Life holds the mirror up to Art, and either reproduces some strange type imagined by a painter or sculptor, or realises in fact what has been dreamed in fiction. . . . ~Oscar Wilde
At present, people see fogs, not because there are fogs, but because poets and painters have taught them the mysterious loveliness of such effects. There may have been fogs for centuries in London. I dare say there were. But no one saw them, and so we do not know anything about them. They did not exist till Art had invented them. Now, it must be admitted, fogs are carried to excess. They have become the mere mannerism of a clique, and the exaggerated realism of their method gives dull people bronchitis. Where the cultured catch an effect, the uncultured catch cold.
~Oscar Wilde, 'The Decay of Lying: An Observation', 1889

Jul 12, 2007
thats why i be stayin behind this computer haha im jk but going out is just hella lame now cause people b trynna act to hard and should b banned from socializing with other human beings til they learn the concept of life and right from wrong

Apr 5, 2005
Well what do you expect? Bling bling gangsta rappers glorify aggression and violence in their songs. Liquor doesn't help much either. I stay away from clubs now. Too much drama with hard as a rock cats. You step on someones shoe in the club they get hella heated even if you apologize. its a fuckin joke. Violence in clubs that play hardcore hiphop won't stop.

Jul 25, 2007
I dont go to clubs no more. To many niggaz trying to prove how hard they are instead of trying to get laid. I go to bars and try to pull a bitch to go to my pad and get the drinking started there.

Jul 25, 2007
^^^actually anywhere in the bay. You know how everyone knows everybody around here. Neighbors would be callin the police within an hour the DJ plays the first record!

Nov 27, 2006
Speak of the devil.
I read this article earlier today, right?

Go out to Icon Ultra Lounge in the SF. Shits going great. but then at the end, outside the club.. shit pops off with my niggas..

we like.. 6 deep. and they on us like 10-12 say.. dummy outnumbered but still down..
shit was weak. i was about to do shit but then one of them showed heat so we backed off.. it could have escalated onto something much more. niggas really don't know how to act these days. and they started it for no reason. But if they had wanted to do something they would have done it.

Oct 16, 2006
mylot.com
Well what do you expect? Bling bling gangsta rappers glorify aggression and violence in their songs. Liquor doesn't help much either. I stay away from clubs now. Too much drama with hard as a rock cats. You step on someones shoe in the club they get hella heated even if you apologize. its a fuckin joke. Violence in clubs that play hardcore hiphop won't stop.
That's why I don't wear clean-ass shoes. And never white. But, if a muh-fucka duz step on my toes there's gon' be a "Nigga Moment" jumpin' off. Buhlee-dat. lol

Seriously people, watch the kicks or you will get stomped on.

Nov 27, 2006
I wore my black and white ice creams to the club..
shit ain't get touched once last night.
oh. on top of the fight/not fight..
my boy locked my keys in my car and i got a parking ticket.
i ain't even mad at it.. lol