Video: Killa Keise Funeral

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2002
I know I embedded the youtube video on here & I actually watched the whole thing.

My question is, what the hell is wrong with people now a days? With all due respect, it all just seems like fake sorrows. Less than a handful of genuine people there. Shout out to Guce for staying real.

The video was basically 37 minutes of self advertisement for everybody in front of the camera. Okay, view it from this side of the coin: It's a celebration of life for the deceased, but flashing wads of cash & smoking shit while talking about your next album etc. is meaningless.

This is coming from a funeral director who's been doing this for 8 years. I've seen a whole lot and it's never hard to tell who's there for any other reason, other than the deceased & his / her family. Which always raises the question in my mind, "Why are you here?"

Feb 13, 2004
I know I embedded the youtube video on here & I actually watched the whole thing.

My question is, what the hell is wrong with people now a days? With all due respect, it all just seems like fake sorrows. Less than a handful of genuine people there. Shout out to Guce for staying real.

The video was basically 37 minutes of self advertisement for everybody in front of the camera. Okay, view it from this side of the coin: It's a celebration of life for the deceased, but flashing wads of cash & smoking shit while talking about your next album etc. is meaningless.

This is coming from a funeral director who's been doing this for 8 years. I've seen a whole lot and it's never hard to tell who's there for any other reason, other than the deceased & his / her family. Which always raises the question in my mind, "Why are you here?"
Some people deal with a death of a Family Member or Friend in different ways. Sometimes people have dealt with it so many times it kind of makes you numb to the whole situation. Or get numbed out by drinking or smoking a whole lot of bud. Rest In Peace Keise.

May 16, 2002
Some people deal with a death of a Family Member or Friend in different ways. Sometimes people have dealt with it so many times it kind of makes you numb to the whole situation. Or get numbed out by drinking or smoking a whole lot of bud. Rest In Peace Keise.
That's understandable, but not my argument. My whole point is how people seemed to of started to do this kind of shit ever since Mac Dre passed. Everybody feels they have to advertise in front of a camera at a funeral. Like the passing of an underground rapper will automatically create a worldwide buzz & everyone is trying to get their face & word in on film. I don't care how it's sliced & diced, that's what it is.

True, people deal with it in different ways, but this is just people trying to prove he was their friend somehow etc. Just in case his name blows up they can say they were down from day one and have this youtube video to prove they attended the funeral... pathetic. That's why I give Guce props on that because he was seriously hurting & didn't want a camera in his face. That's the most common reaction within human nature in those times. Anything else is all propaganda bullshit of selfish wannabe rappers and so called businessmen. None of that is of any importance when it comes to the loss of a loved one.

I bet my last dollar that if his name creates a buzz now after his passing most of these people will start releasing albums with Keise on them and cash in on the dead man's name.

There is a time & place for things. It's bad enough underground / unknown rappers constantly make fools of themselves on camera & this only makes look worse.

Listen kids, it's okay to take the time to mourn the death of a loved one, or be yourself. Just because someone put's a camera in your face doesn't mean you automatically have to become an infomercial. It's okay to tell them to get it out of your face sometimes.

That's today's lesson in Grown Man 101.

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I've always found it to be so distasteful to film or take pictures at a funeral

whether the person thinks they are helping to preserve the person's memory or not, its not the right time for that

I loved the fact that some of the people just flat out refused to be on camera or did not say anything