Vallejo has contributed more to the Bay's/Nor Cal's Hip Hip scene than any other city

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

dalycity650

Barlito's Way
Feb 8, 2006
he from new york, but he repped for LA..you can say he repped the west in general, but not exclusively Oakland lol
Yes he replied the West In general I will agree with that. But he had his influence in Oakland as well as Marin City. Obviously you don’t know much about it.

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
2pac repped where he was at hard! Giving it up to wherever he was at.
Everybody can claim him the way he claimed them.

He got his game there but when he got to Oakland he was too big so he was “from” the east. Stamped and embraced and put on but still from NY by way of Baltimore.

When he was thuggin wit death row- repping LA hard he was put on the set so he was banging it different but he was still from the bay by way of the east coast.

Because he’s the rap god everybody wants to claim him. There’s no wrong answer to me.

The bay has the longest duration of his short life so they fight for it the most.

Feb 19, 2015
Yes he replied the West In general I will agree with that. But he had his influence in Oakland as well as Marin City. Obviously you don’t know much about it.
sorry but he made his most revered music in LA and even started affiliating himself with bloods out in LA, which had the biggest influence on the gangsta rap he started pumpin in the midst of his prime.. i know all about pac, he's hands down my favorite rapper, but "to live n die in la" kills the notion that he was primarily a bay rapper. at best, i'll give u the fact that he represented the entire west coast, but Death Row was LA and we all know where his loyalty stood once Suge signed him.

Nov 27, 2014
2 PAC has a song that starts off "straight outta Oakland California where we spark it on ya" he's sporting an A's fit in a movie where he drives to his cousins house in Oakland. In his very first music video Trapped the police car was OPD, in Brenda's gotta baby the guy is reading the Oakland tribune. That fool was representing Oakland to the fullest then he moved to LA... In California luv video the thunder dome said welcome to Oakland. He never rept any other city. He loved LA but he didn't rep it

Feb 19, 2015
2 PAC has a song that starts off "straight outta Oakland California where we spark it on ya" he's sporting an A's fit in a movie where he drives to his cousins house in Oakland. In his very first music video Trapped the police car was OPD, in Brenda's gotta baby the guy is reading the Oakland tribune. That fool was representing Oakland to the fullest then he moved to LA... In California luv video the thunder dome said welcome to Oakland. He never rept any other city. He loved LA but he didn't rep it
lol bro he got a song called to live and die in la where he constantly uses "we" as reference to the city, states it's "the only place for me" in the intro, and even the chorus proclaims "it's the place to be".. to say he never repped LA is straight lyin to yaself. but i see you love your city, so ima let u cook.

Nov 8, 2002
I would have to disagree ! I would say Frisco has contributed and has more classics then Vallejo . The Bay Area sound that everyone misses and wishes would come back came from Frisco !!

Rbl posse ( black c and mr cee) hitman , cellski , cougnut , Jt the bigga figga, San Quinn , rappin 4 tay , 11/5 . Cold world hustlers , UDI ,messy marv etc .. just to name a few of the old school all these guys help create the Bay Area sound and image that everyone portrays today .

New Frisco artist just a few
No ones bigger then berner right now love him or hate him his fan base is serious
Cosmo been around awhile but I would put him with the newer scene he’s producing some of the biggest artist in the game today
40 keys is a up and comer
Prezi got one of the hottest singles of 2017 everyone loving his song and he from the point .
Agree

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
I dunno this can go back and forth, but maybe just look at the bay areas influence on California as a whole. Southern California has two specific cities that are big as fuck. In the bay, and I’m not going on numbers here I guess I’m going more on living here for a decade plus at this point, smaller cities, closer together. Like the town and SF are so close to eachother. You go from SF to Vallejo, you’d still be in San Diego *county* within that time.

But if I really gotta have my opinion on this, I’m gonna say SF has had the most influence just based on the city it is, oakland is obviously closely followed, and Vallejo is definitely next in line. You also gotta ask out of town ppl this question without it being biased, mac dre became fucking astronomically huge at a point but even still, there was a point before thizz, that out of town ppl either had no idea who dre was or simply didn’t care yet.alpt of what was huge locally wasn’t so much out of the area. Most ppl didn’t really even get hip to dre till thizzle dance and treal tv out of the bay, hate to say...the only reason I MAY say Vallejo has a good hold on the local Bay Area Music was e-40..

But y’all also are forgetting most ppl outside of the bay didn’t really even know sac wasn’t part of “the bay”...so a lot of ppl would damn near say that shit like cbo lynch , x raided etc etc etc was what put on hella hardcore..but once again that’s expanding shit to “north cali”...
It’s really gon depend on what music you in your opinion, was fuckin w.. and locally, that shit just may seem biased cuz you gon have your opinion based on where you were at.

Last edited:
May 31, 2017
its simple sf got that kinda hip hop keyboard feel mostly some gangsta stuff like guce 11/5 yet overall sf is mostly pimps playas hustlers music

now oak is way overated dark music like 3x gangsta p seagram yet sf has better beats ala ....cellski,reg race,tc

now to 707 like they say theres something different in the water out there .....ready fuck e-40 young dboyz matt thurston and thomas young are near the doors

other spots like santa rosa stockton just dont bring enough material

the best is 916 with todays best rapper going monterio williams 3 aka lunasicc aka luni coleone.......sac is not in the bay i know but every sac cd is bay affilated meaning simuliar only more harder more mobb....proff name 1 i mean 1 label other than glp or no limit[doesnt count] that reigned like AWOL NO LABEL OR SOUND CAN MATCH AWOL 96-2000

Sep 4, 2017
I dunno this can go back and forth, but maybe just look at the bay areas influence on California as a whole. Southern California has two specific cities that are big as fuck. In the bay, and I’m not going on numbers here I guess I’m going more on living here for a decade plus at this point, smaller cities, closer together. Like the town and SF are so close to eachother. You go from SF to Vallejo, you’d still be in San Diego *county* within that time.

But if I really gotta have my opinion on this, I’m gonna say SF has had the most influence just based on the city it is, oakland is obviously closely followed, and Vallejo is definitely next in line. You also gotta ask out of town ppl this question without it being biased, mac dre became fucking astronomically huge at a point but even still, there was a point before thizz, that out of town ppl either had no idea who dre was or simply didn’t care yet.alpt of what was huge locally wasn’t so much out of the area. Most ppl didn’t really even get hip to dre till thizzle dance and treal tv out of the bay, hate to say...the only reason I MAY say Vallejo has a good hold on the local Bay Area Music was e-40..

But y’all also are forgetting most ppl outside of the bay didn’t really even know sac wasn’t part of “the bay”...so a lot of ppl would damn near say that shit like cbo lynch , x raided etc etc etc was what put on hella hardcore..but once again that’s expanding shit to “north cali”...
It’s really gon depend on what music you in your opinion, was fuckin w.. and locally, that shit just may seem biased cuz you gon have your opinion based on where you were at.
So SF and Vallejo are 30 miles from each other, you can literally go 30 miles in LA and still be in the city of Los Angeles: canoga park to downtown los angeles ca - Google Search

If you go to the northern tip of Los Angeles County to the Southern tip of Los Angeles county it's over 90 miles:
Google Maps

LA's hella big and spread out. The Bay is way more dense.

Jan 18, 2006
It goes Frisco, then Oakland, then Vallejo. People apparently underestimate how much impact Frisco really had. Its funny cuz now Frisco fell off the hardest. Its been all about Oakland the past 7 years at least. Now Vallejo making a comeback

L

Loards

It goes Frisco, then Oakland, then Vallejo. People apparently underestimate how much impact Frisco really had. Its funny cuz now Frisco fell off the hardest. Its been all about Oakland the past 7 years at least. Now Vallejo making a comeback
Straight facts bro

Props: T-Rip
Jan 13, 2017
Cali
Ive been saying for years this same thing about vallejo. Im from Sac so I have no alliance to any particular part of the bay.

But its strictly based on what people prefer. The old ybb and sickwidit is pretty much my favorite bay shit, so thats why I feel that way.

Black n Dangerous is imo the most underated bay album ever.

Like I said love him or hate him no ones bigger then berner right now ! And he putting on For sf right now something big ! And he opening a cannabis club in Hawaii now ! I see everyone out there wearing cookie clothing I don’t see anyone drinking e40 drinks or anyone wearing thizz clothing Except for people on instagram !! Berners cornered the market in every way and his music is selling right along with it all ! Frisco for the win

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Like I said love him or hate him no ones bigger then berner right now ! And he putting on For sf right now something big ! And he opening a cannabis club in Hawaii now ! I see everyone out there wearing cookie clothing I don’t see anyone drinking e40 drinks or anyone wearing thizz clothing Except for people on instagram !! Berners cornered the market in every way and his music is selling right along with it all ! Frisco for the win
Where in Hawaii and will it be open in the summer?