Unforgivable Acts of Terrible Parents

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 26, 2002
EDJ said:
^I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WAS PREgNANT. ARE YOU gONNA TEACH YOUR CHILD SPANISH, OR LET THEM gET ALL THE WAY AMERIKKKANIZED?
Of course I'm teaching my child spanish. I'm even going to get a daycare provider that ONLY speaks spanish. Learning spanish at a young age is the ONLY reason why I even know it.

Jul 26, 2002
EDJ said:
^AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH. YOUR DADDY TAUgHT YOU WELL. SO IS YOU MARRIED OR ARE YOU A FUTURE SINgLE MOTHER?
I'm not married but I am with my boyfriend (the father of my future son)

Of course the first thing out of my families mouth is "Are you getting married?" But we will when we feel the timing is right.

Sep 9, 2003
SoContajuS said:

Of course the first thing out of my families mouth is "Are you getting married?" But we will when we feel the timing is right.
You let some dude blow his load in you without wearing a condom, and now you're waiting for the "right time" to get married? How can the time be "right" to have a kid but not "right" to get married?

Jul 26, 2002
Terrapatch said:
You let some dude blow his load in you without wearing a condom, and now you're waiting for the "right time" to get married? How can the time be "right" to have a kid but not "right" to get married?
Well he's not just any dude ... and it takes time to plan a wedding and just because I'm pregnant NOW doesn't mean I'm going to rush and have a half as wedding before the baby is born. I love this guy and he loves me too. There is no doubt in my head that we will get married. Maybe it's me I don't want to go to Vegas or Reno to get married with no family. I want something planned. Him and I talked before I got pregnant and we decided long ago we would get married. Just because I'm not married doesn't mean I don't love the guy and vise versa. We are together and that is what's important to me.

Just an FYI - Plenty of people have children without wanting to get married. They want a child. I don't see anything wrong with that as long as they are financially and emotionally secure. And I am financially secure have been for the past 3 years with my own house.

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
SoContajuS said:
In this situation I blame the mother 100%

I'm pregnant right now with my first child. I'm 5 months pregnant and just knowing I'm having something as precious as this comming soon I'd NEVER put my own child in danger like that. She is the mother, she is responsible. I just don't see how someone can do that. She should be locked up for that. For those of you who have children or have any on the way know exactly what I'm talking about. There is a love that comes over you that you've never felt before. The mother is TOTALLY at fault.

If the authorities knew then they are at fault but #1 I'd say the mother becuase it doesn't say anywhere that she told anyone she had a child at home. If she did tell them and they didn't do anything about it ... that's a different story. She could have made a call out to the baby's father who was looking for them the whole time while she was in jail. That alone tells me it was the mothers fault.
Good points. A caring mother will never "forget" her child.
I mean she surely had phone priviledges, a caring mother would be checking on her baby at all times.
I know I'm constantly thinking about my baby boy 24/7, and I'm always in touch with him.
But the 5-0 needs to share some of the blame as well.
They often arrest mothers, leaving their kids on their own with family or friends. They can't just arrest someone without knowing their background.
Man I hope some DA some where files charges, at least on the mother.

Hey about your future baby, have you taken an ultrasound yet?
Boy or girl?

And don't trip on havin a kid out of wedlock.
Same happenned to me....
I sorta regret it but hey, you gotta roll with the punches and make the best out of what you have.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
SO CONTAJUS,
SO YOU WASN'T READY FOR MARRIAgE BEFORE YOU gAVE ALL YOUR LOVE TO THIS MAN? I KNOW YOUR DAD WAS MADDER THAN A MUTHA-FUKA. HE OLD-FASHION(MARRIAgE BEFORE SEX), HUH?

Jul 26, 2002
@Miggidy

I still believe it falls in the mother's hands. She is the PROVIDER. I mean the authorities need to have a place where they know they can take the baby if this happens because I'm sure it happens quite often. But still you can't blame someone else for your own mistake. She was the one with the charges. She was stealing no one forced her to steal.

Regarding my pregnancy, yeah I've had my ultrasound and I honestly thought I was having a girl but the doctor showed and took a pic of my sons pito .....lol It's for sure a BOY! To be honest I'm not worried about having my son out of wedlock, I know the father will be there regardless of what the outcome is between him and I. But we are BOTH happy and this is something we BOTH want.

@EDJ

You know what ....I told my boyfriend to get his running shoes on because my dad was going to kick his ass if he got his hands on him. But when we told my father he told us both CONGRATULATIONS. My father was really happy for us. My father is the type of person like whatever makes me happy makes him happy. That is all he wants to see is his children happy. Of course, my father did the whole "You better not hurt her!" I'm the baby girl of the family with 3 older brothers. My baby's father isn't pulling no ones leg he has too much heat on him ....lol ....

I know why my father wasn't upset. I'm a grown ass women for my age. A little background .....

My parents divorced and I moved in with my father. At the age of 15 I got a job and did all the "Womenly" things in the house. Example ... cook, clean, wash, you name it. My father retired and decided to move to Mexico when I was 19yrs old. He left me the house that I now live in, I have an awesome job and have been on top of my business as well as his for the past 3 years. My father knows I can take care of myself and the new addition to our family.

Sorry I completely missed your first question ......

SO YOU WASN'T READY FOR MARRIAgE BEFORE YOU gAVE ALL YOUR LOVE TO THIS MAN?

I honestly don't know. Him and I have been through a lot. Every relationship has it's ups and it's downs. I'm not trying to make it seem like we have the perfect relationship because we don't. When I told him I was pregnant I left him with TONS of options. I never once forced this guy to move in, to marry me or even to be with me. He decided all of the above on his own. I just want to make taht clear.

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
SoContajuS,

So you think the mother probably did this on purpose?
If she's a thief then that says a lot about her character.
Don't know but it sounds to me like she probably did this on purpose so that she can then later blame the authorities. And probably sue them....

LOL@ your baby's pic!
So you thought of any names yet?

Jul 26, 2002
@ Miggidy

Well I'm not sure if she did it on purpose but you can't blame someone for your own faults. It was her decision to to steal and break the law. You have to pay for your crime. Now just becaus she has a child doesn't mean she can't be arrested. She needs to pay for what she did. It's obvious to me that she is NOT responsible. If she were she would have called someone in her family, friend, father of the baby, and or authorities to pick up the child. That is why I put her to blame. She has a mouth she needs to speak up.

Well before we knew if we were having a boy or a girl we agreed that if it were a girl I'd name the girl and if we had a boy he could name the boy. So I only thought of Girl names. The first name would have been Nadya and the middle name would have been an Aztec or Mayan name. My fathe wanted to name me Citlalli which means Star in Aztec but I wanted something easy to pronounce and beautiful. But turns out it's a boy. Soooo I'm assuming it will be a Jr. :confused:

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
^^^^
I'm just sayin that what the mother did was innexcusable.
So you now have to find a reason as to why she sat in prison and did nothing about her child.
There's a reason for everything.
As for the police, I think they do need to approach arresting women differently. Why? This case is a perfect example of that. They need to take certain precautions when arresting mothers, just so that the above case doesn't repeat itself.
You know that there is women out there who could give a shit about their children. The police should have this in mind, at least for the children's sake.

I thought about giving my son an Aztec name but I couldn't find one that I liked. Everyone wanted to me to name him after myself but I thought Jr.'s played out. I mean just about every Latino names his first kid after himself ya know? I'm glad I found a good name that's not oftenly used.

Jul 26, 2002
I agree with what you said 100%, there are mother's out there tha could give a shit and that's unfortunate. Authorities need to ask questions. I'm sure if the mother of your child left your child home alone for 2 1/2 weeks you'd strangle her.

How old is your baby?

What is your sons name?

I was having the same trouble with the Aztec name I couldn't really find one that I liked. I even tried looking for boy's names in Aztec to try to convince my boyfriend but I couldn't find any that were worth trying to convince him. But I do agree with the Jr name being played out. He just wants his son to be just like him.

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
^^^^
Yeah I'd probably pull an O.J. on her LOL!

My little Damian's 2 years old.
He's one of those hyper kids you know, it's very tough taking care of him. But hey, he's with his mom right now and I've only got to see him a couple of times. Hopefully he'll be with me real soon. I miss him like crazy, he's everything a father wants in a baby boy. A hyper kid with lots of energy :)
I named him Damian and not Damien cuz I wanted a name that can be pronounced in both Spanish and English.
I chose Damian cuz I used to be on some twisted shit....

Hey maybe you can name your son Angel :)
If I could choose again, that's what I would name my son.

If things go as planned with your man, are you going to want a girl in the future?
How important is having a girl for you, I know you wanted a girl?

Jul 26, 2002
As long as she takes good care of him that is what matters most. But I also want a name that can be pronounced in English and Spanish. I did think of the name Angel too but I don't know it's just not me. I don't care for it too much. I'm sure my boyfriend will name it after himself which is Victor. I don't mind that too much it's not something I'm like ILL GROSS.....lol Maybe I can sway his decision a little but to be honest he seems pretty stuck on that name.

If things work out I do want to have a girl. I mean I did and still do want a boy first. I had 3 older brothers that took care of me really good. If you know what I mean. They are straight up with me and have been from day 1, I know a little more about guys than the average girl. So I want a boy first so that he can take care of his younger siblings. I do plan on having more children but not for a few years after this one is born. Having a girl is not something I'm going to dwell on .... I've always wanted a big family as long as I can support them all.

Do you plan on having more children in the future?

If you don't mind me asking why are you not with your sons mother?

Would you want to be with her again if you could?

Apr 11, 2003
gooeygraphics.com
HOLD ON....

ALL YOU CATS SAYIN THE MOTHER IS RESPONSIBLE AND ITS ALL HER FAULT... RE-READ THE ARTICLE.

IT DOESN'T SAY SHE NEVER TOLD NOBODY...

YA'LL ARE JUST ASSUMIN' THIS LADY IS SOME LOW LIFE CRACK HEAD THAT DIDN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT HER KID... YA'LL HELLA PREJUDICE...

Apr 11, 2003
gooeygraphics.com
so basically you don't know if she did or she didn't. so to conclude whether she did or she didn't you're ASSUMING.

you don't know what that assault and petty theft was. someone could have took something out her house. she found the person, got in a fight and took it back. police came and she went to jail.

bottom line, you don't know what happened, to make any judgement. that just makes you prejudice.

Jul 26, 2002
UKantCMe said:
HOLD ON....

ALL YOU CATS SAYIN THE MOTHER IS RESPONSIBLE AND ITS ALL HER FAULT... RE-READ THE ARTICLE.

IT DOESN'T SAY SHE NEVER TOLD NOBODY...

YA'LL ARE JUST ASSUMIN' THIS LADY IS SOME LOW LIFE CRACK HEAD THAT DIDN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT HER KID... YA'LL HELLA PREJUDICE...
I did re-read the article and it doesn't say she did tell anybody! You are assuming she did tell someone. How is it that we are prejudice? Because we actually give a fuck about a child's care?

I say the mom is responsible. When you have a child you are responsible for your actions as well as your childs. The articles states: Dakeysha Telita Lee, was jailed September 10 for aggravated assault and petty theft.

If she never did the above she would not have been arrested in teh first place and would have been at home with her child for those 2 weeks.

Instead the FATHER OF THE BABY was looking for them and decided to go to the apartment where he and the apartment manager found the child.

It doesn't say that she told authorities, it doesn't say she told the baby's father, nothing like that. I'm not assuming anything I'm going by what the articles states. The articles never states she told anyone. For that reason she is mainly to blame. I'm not giving her the benfit of the doubt especially after 21/2 weeks. That is a really long time to leave a child alone. You can make calls while your in jail.

If you read my post clearly I did say ONLY IF she did mention this to authorities is it their fault.

Jul 26, 2002
UKantCMe said:
so basically you don't know if she did or she didn't. so to conclude whether she did or she didn't you're ASSUMING.

you don't know what that assault and petty theft was. someone could have took something out her house. she found the person, got in a fight and took it back. police came and she went to jail.

bottom line, you don't know what happened, to make any judgement. that just makes you prejudice.
When you have a child you have to act responsibly. Let's say your story did happen and so on .. she needed to get authorities invloved instead of risking WHAT DID happen.

You obviously didn't read the whole article .. there are alot of what if and that is not what I am going off of. I'm going off of what the article says. The father found the baby 2 and 1/2 weeks later.

True I don't know what got her in that situation or if she was stealing to provide for her child BUT a child was left alone for 21/2 weeks. Way too long for a mother that really cares for her child.

Whatever the situation was ..... I hope you don't think it's okay to leave a child somewhere for 2 1/2 weeks the way this little girl was left. If you do I hope you don't have children.

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
UKantCMe said:

I am not judging her for what she did according to the article.
I'm judging her for what she didn't do, and that is to secure her baby's well being as much as she could've from her possition.

Jul 26, 2002
@ UKantCMe

I decided to look up a little more on this mother and found this. You might like to read it.

Article link: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/6911116.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp

CHILD NEGLECT
DCF was told girl's mother 'unsafe'
The Florida child welfare agency concluded that a Jacksonville woman was a fit mother for her 2-year-old daughter. The girl was found alone in her apartment this week, surviving on ketchup and table scraps.
BY CAROL MARBIN MILLER
[email protected]

A Florida woman whose 2-year-old daughter spent 19 days alone in a locked apartment, surviving on ketchup, macaroni and other kitchen scraps, had been brought to the attention of state child welfare officials three times in the past two years.

''Mom is an unsafe individual,'' someone told the Department of Children & Families' child abuse and neglect hot line back in May.

The investigation of that complaint, like the two previous ones, was closed with a finding that Brianna Lee was not at risk, according to DCF abuse reports.

Tuesday, Brianna was found naked and alone by her father in the mother's locked Jacksonville apartment. The child was lying in a baby bathtub, her arms and legs caked in dried ketchup and mustard.

She was watching a cartoon channel on television.

Dakeysha Telita Lee, Brianna's custodial parent, was in jail -- where she had spent the preceding 19 days, never once mentioning that a 2-year-old daughter was home fending for herself. Lee had been arrested on a shoplifting charge Sept. 10.

When her estranged husband, Ogden Lee, had asked about their child, Dakeysha Lee said Brianna was being cared for by a neighbor, said Duval County Sheriff John Rutherford.

Suspecting that she wasn't telling the truth, the father persuaded the apartment manager to let him into the unit.

After a trip to the hospital for treatment of dehydration and malnutrition, Brianna is doing better, fortified by four pieces of chicken, a cheeseburger, mashed potatoes, Cheerios and two pints of milk.

A child abuse charge has been added to Dakeysha Lee's shoplifting complaint.

Although horrified by the turn of events, DCF officials defended their handling of the reports to the agency's abuse and neglect hot line.

''There was no way the department could have foreseen this deliberate and unspeakable act of neglect,'' said Samara Kramer, chief of staff for DCF Secretary Jerry Regier. ``At some point, parents have to be held accountable for their actions. This is one of those times.''

Besides milk, ketchup and mustard, the toddler had consumed dry brownie mix, jelly, oatmeal cookies and leftover macaroni, Rutherford said.

He said Brianna had apparently clawed the labels off canned goods, trying to pry the cans open.

Deputies found a toilet lid open and believe that the toddler may have drunk from the commode, according to the sheriff.

EARLIER CONCERNS

Brianna was actually the second of Lee's children to be taken into care by the DCF.

Dakeysha Telita Lee had been taken into state custody herself at about age 13 after she gave birth to her first child, a daughter, DCF abuse reports show. That child was placed in foster care, after the DCF was told that Lee hit her, and was never returned to her, agency records show.

The next report to the DCF -- the first after Brianna's birth -- occurred in August 2001, when a caller alleged that Dakeysha Lee had attacked Ogden Lee with a knife. 'The mother, while holding Brianna, screamed `You are not leaving me. Don't leave me with the baby,' '' the report said.

''There is concern the mother may hurt the baby,'' the report said.

In February 2002, the Florida abuse hot line received a call that Brianna ``was not being supervised by her mother properly.''

Dakeysha Lee had been hospitalized briefly after reporting dizziness. Ogden Lee was at sea with the Navy, and Dakeysha Lee said she ''was having difficulty finding someone to care for the baby,'' according to an abuse report.

Although officials closed the report with a finding that Lee was capable of caring for Brianna, they also were told by a doctor that Lee ``may have a personality disorder.''

Lee's mental health was the subject of the next call to the state's hot line. In May, a caller told child welfare counselors that Dakeysha Lee suffered from an ''undiagnosed'' mental illness.

''Mom screams at whoever she is talking to,'' the report said. ``Many times, you cannot understand what she is saying.''

''Brianna hears mom constantly screaming, and now Brianna constantly screams, as well,'' the report said. ``Mom is an unsafe individual.''

Records show that DCF counselors at one point discussed offering Lee subsidized child care, but it is unclear whether the day care was ever provided.

A source with knowledge of the investigation told The Herald on Wednesday that investigators referred Lee to local social service agencies for help with her problems, but may not have followed through to make sure that she sought help.

Even after Brianna's discovery home alone, a news story that gained national attention, the DCF had not contacted the sheriff's office to discuss the prior allegations of abuse and neglect involving Lee, Rutherford said.

''This is the first we've heard of any of this,'' Rutherford said of the previous abuse complaints. ``They hadn't contacted me about it.''

`ISSUES OF INTENT'

Knowing the mother's history might be helpful to detectives who are investigating Lee for child neglect, Rutherford said.

''I think it might address issues of intent,'' he said. ''And it might give us an indication of whether the child was left alone many times before. Obviously, that would have an impact on what she's saying now.'' The sheriff said Brianna would not be alive without the actions of her father.

''He spent Sunday evening banging on doors at the apartment complex, trying to find his daughter,'' Rutherford said.