Uncle Phil has passed at 65...RIP

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
RIP UNCLE PHIL

James Avery -- the beloved dad on "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" -- has died at age 65 .. TMZ has learned.

Sources close to the actor tell TMZ he died in an L.A. hospital last night. Avery had recently undergone surgery for an undisclosed illness and took a turn for the worse late yesterday.

And we're told ... his wife, Barbara, had been at his bedside but left for a short period of time to get something to eat. When she came back, she learned he had just died.

Alfonso Ribeiro -- who played Avery's son on "Fresh Prince" -- just posted a message on his Facebook page.

Avery starred in dozens of TV shows through the years -- shows like "Grey's Anatomy," "The Closer," "L.A. Law," and "The Jeffersons." This past year, he appeared in three TV movies -- most recently, "Go, Bolivia, Go!" -- but didn't appear to have other projects in the works.

Story developing....

James Avery Dead -- 'Fresh Prince' Dad Dies At 65 | TMZ.com

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
RIP in peace uncle phill, the two best episodes was the pool hall and the one with the racist cop when the boys got arrested

he was also the voice of shredder in the OG TMNT cartoons.
RIP.
Shredder was my fav, I had his figurine when I was young and used to fight him in tournaments, he always won. Fuck the bitch ass turtles ya heard me.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
say it isn't so :( r.i.p.

regardless, i'm still going to fill up banks

::

I'm not the Fresh Prince, Carlton, or Phillip Banks
But I make enough cash deposits to fill-up banks
Oooh!, did I just say that? I impress myself
I'm the god of rap, so I'm bout to bless myself