UFC 162: Silva vs. Weidman - 7/6/13

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
Silva wasn't even trying to win the fight it was obvious. He threw mostly leg kicks and landed a couple jabs. He could have did dude just as bad as Forrest Griffin if he wanted to but he chose to just stand in front of his opponent with his hands down. Sure he really got caught and knocked down with that punch but dude is done, most likely gonna retire unless GSP's pansy ass accepts a fight with him

Dec 14, 2011
Sacramento
he is still in a contract. post fight interview he said he will fight more but not for the belt. i watched the post fight press conference and Dana said he gaurantees that anderson will want a title rematch. during the conference he said he just wants to relax hes been under so much pressure, he will figure what he will do in four months or so....i think he will be back and completely destroy competition.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
This is why mayweather wont lose.. he gets more cautious.. silvas been figjting like he has best chin in tje world.
Mayweather wont lose because he takes his fights very serious and doesnt bull shit in the ring like Silva does. The only way Mayweather loses in my opinion is whenever father time decides to show up lol. Got Em!!

Apr 26, 2002
Silva lost from overconfidence. Period. Weidman took him down. Silva had a good sprawl, but weidman was in too deep. Too me, actually it seems Silvas reflexes were TOO quicc for weidman's shot, ending up with weidman TOO deep. Enabling weidman to flip silva and get top position. Weidman couldn't pass Silvas guard. Hit silva a few times, clean and flush from top position and still couldn't hurt silva. Still couldn't pass Silvas guard (in half guard, and TWICE while standing while silva was on his bacc) so he tried to go for a knee bar but failed. IMO it took weidmans confidence away and gave silva more confidence. Bacc on the feet weidman was TOO slow. He caught silva a few times with no damage to silva. Giving even more confidence to silva. Anyone can see on the feet silva was more quicc. Second round, silva stuffed his (non-setup) takedown. Weidman was too slow. Giving even more confidence to silva. I give weidman respect tho, he didnt mentally give up. Next fight tho, silva takes it, impressively. There was actually a point in round one that it looked like silva had both hands under weidmans armpits and had him spread eagle and could've threw a knee but he didnt. That knee could've done hella damage, but he didnt throw it. He just let go of the clinch and chose to stand and trade with weidman. Overconfidence.

Props: MRTHECOSE
Dec 12, 2006
Ya just rewatched the fight, I think the left that Silva tried to play off actually hurt him and he got more of the same two punches later, still that post speech about not wanting to fight for the title but he has 10 more fights? I'd rather he retire

Dec 4, 2006
Silva got knocked the fuck out by Weiden...but that's his own fault for thinking he invincible...

I still say the Spider Silva is one of the best P4P MMA fighter, him losing doesn't make him a weak fighter..

If he were to fight him Weiden again, he'd come in there and destroy him..

He's done fighting...

Sent from my SGH-T999

Props: :ab:
Aug 4, 2003
Eugene
oregonshane.wordpress.com
This makes the UFC a lot more interesting.

Does Silva get an immediate rematch? If not will Weidman fight Vitor? Will Chael come back to 185 now? Will Silva go for the 205 belt now?

I knew coming into this fight Anderson was going to toy with Weidman. I'm glad he got Knocked the fuck out! He asked for it.