UFC 150

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
but by your guys' logic of "having to beat the champ" Ben shouldn't have won the first fight :shrug:
at least Nate gets next crack. And sounds like they're gonna do Cerrone vs Pettis

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Fight was definitely close. There's all this controversy all over the internet right now, but I really don't see what Edgar supposedly did besides dropping Bendo (more of an off balance drop) in round 2. Edgar's actual landing percentage was atrocious. He only landed 25% or so. I think sometimes people get hypnotized by his volume, but he misses so damn much. I scored it

1: Bendo
2: Frankie
3: Bendo
4: Bendo
5: Toss Up

Granted Edgar got those two takedowns, but he did nothing with them at all but hold Bendo's head down, he really didn't even have control and Bendo escaped pretty easily and Bendo was the only one close to finishing the fight with the guillotine at the end of round 1. I don't see the controversy, but unfortunately Frankie is a huge fan favorite and Bendo's fan base isn't really that big compared to Frankie's, so I think that's attributing to a lot of the controversy. I'm just thankful Frankie "Controversial Decision" Edgar is out of the mix for awhile, nothing against him but he tied up this division way too long with his controversy.
I agree with u accept I gave Edgar the 4th round. Every other round I scored the same as you. I am slao glad Edgar is out for a minute. We need to give Diaz his shot as well as Pettis. Got Em!!

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
but by your guys' logic of "having to beat the champ" Ben shouldn't have won the first fight :shrug:
at least Nate gets next crack. And sounds like they're gonna do Cerrone vs Pettis

Nov 7, 2006
also why the fuck did cerrone win FOTN bonus??? Bendo and Edgar's fight was alot better and more of a fight then that fucking brawl that happened between cowboy and guillard.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
To me the last fight wasnt close though. I dont know why they had a rematch. Bendo clearly beat Edgar the first time around in my book. Thats the difference. Got Em!!

also why the fuck did cerrone win FOTN bonus??? Bendo and Edgar's fight was alot better and more of a fight then that fucking brawl that happened between cowboy and guillard.
Naw I think Cerrone deserved it. That was a great fight and while it was short if u asked which fight I would rather watch again I would choose Cerrone's fight. Got Em!!

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
They got FOTN because of how they both were almost finished within 30 seconds and both came out ready to kill. Honestly I was hoping it would win FOTN, it's one of those rare "oh shit" jump out of the chair type of fights. I loved that fight, even though it was less than a minute long

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
IMO Ben did "beat the champ" in the first fight. I didn't find that one close at all compared to this one. I had Ben winning 4 rounds easily the first fight. This fight though was way too razor close and honestly I think Ben got the best of the exchanges.

Oct 27, 2008
i havent been able to figure out why you're a frankie fan, cuz he's a little douche from jersey & you seem to have more sense than to root for him (c'mon now, buzz), but bendo clearly won the 1st fight if you watch it objectively. this fight was closer, but frankie simply didnt do enough. fuck that midget, either way.

EDIT: and part of why i say frankie didnt do enough is because IMO he didnt deserve the rematch in the 1st place. dana thought frankie won the 1st fight--- that should tell you something.

May 25, 2009
agreed. watched the first fight this week on fuel and was thinking why is this little fuck getting a rematch? wasn't even a close fight henderson won that easy this rematch was pointless now hopefully that little shit can move down to get his ass kicked by aldo and we can start seeing some really great exciting fights at lightweight no more bullshit rematches...

May 6, 2002
I'm not a big fan of that Jersey smurf either but I think he won the fight.
You can look at it in the sense of him not doing enough to take the belt, but I've never believed in that Outlook to begin with.

Frankie isn;t a good champ for the UFC though. Same with Sherk. You can't have some keebler elf holding the belt.

Nov 7, 2006
I dunno man. I always felt Frankie looks like he's doing shit when he really aint. all he did in the 1st fight was catch kicks but he caught him with those kicks regardless. he moves alot and throws jabs out there but never really saw him winning the 1st one especially considering the rules.
To me the last fight wasnt close though. I dont know why they had a rematch. Bendo clearly beat Edgar the first time around in my book. Thats the difference. Got Em!!

Naw I think Cerrone deserved it. That was a great fight and while it was short if u asked which fight I would rather watch again I would choose Cerrone's fight. Got Em!!
They got FOTN because of how they both were almost finished within 30 seconds and both came out ready to kill. Honestly I was hoping it would win FOTN, it's one of those rare "oh shit" jump out of the chair type of fights. I loved that fight, even though it was less than a minute long
I here ya guys and i think it was amazing. but IMO the frankie/Bendo deserved the bonus. they fought hard for 5 straight rounds and put on a great show.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
I dunno man. I always felt Frankie looks like he's doing shit when he really aint. all he did in the 1st fight was catch kicks but he caught him with those kicks regardless. he moves alot and throws jabs out there but never really saw him winning the 1st one especially considering the rules.

I here ya guys and i think it was amazing. but IMO the frankie/Bendo deserved the bonus. they fought hard for 5 straight rounds and put on a great show.
To me at times in the Bendo/Edgar fight it got just a bit boring when the action would die down while they kept sizing each other up. I am a big fan of war and brutal knockouts haha. Got Em!!