UFC 146

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 23, 2005
great night of fights. dos santos was playing with mir, treating him like a little kid out there just taggin him. fight was kind of disappointing though, reem would of done way better.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
hmmm..maybe because he's not fighting anybody with real boxing skills..hmmm
why do supposed "fans" of the sport always have to discredit someone's skill set. "JDS boxing ain't good cause it's not in pro boxing" lol shut the fuck up.

dude is literally destroying the largest combat sport organization in the world with his BOXING and people still want to hate and discredit it.

Feb 12, 2004
Do JDS boxing clinics mean Boxing>>MMA??? serious question not trolling
Can't really say that because boxing is a part of MMA and without the other aspects of MMA(muay thai, wrestling & BJJ) he wouldnt be shit. That being said JDS is one of the few fighters in MMA along with BJ Penn, Nick Diaz, etc. who has learned to use REAL boxing in MMA and have success with it. First of all JDS does NOT fight from squared up muay thai/kickboxing stance that 99% of MMA fighters use. He uses a boxing stance that allows him to sit on his punches and get full extension on all his punches. Whoever JDS boxing coach is(haven't done much research on em) deserves a lot of props. JDS is great at using angles, fighting at his range and using his jab as if his opponent was fighting someone much longer. If he fights a fighter that knows how to kick could get in trouble, but personally i've always been a huge fan of the sweet science. Boxing the martial art aint and never will be dead. Its the sport of boxing is garbage because of the people running the sport.

Dec 12, 2006
I dunno how I feel about brock, brock looked as slow and bad on his feet vs Cain as Mir did vs Dos Santos, overall I liked the card, went fast but to be expected with heavyweights, some of the prelims were cool too, I think you give Cain rematch, Id take Dos Santos but fuck I thought big foot would beat cain

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
I dunno how I feel about brock, brock looked as slow and bad on his feet vs Cain as Mir did vs Dos Santos, overall I liked the card, went fast but to be expected with heavyweights, some of the prelims were cool too, I think you give Cain rematch, Id take Dos Santos but fuck I thought big foot would beat cain
Why did u think Big Foot would beat Cain? Big Foot's only claim to fame is beating an old Fedor. Big Foot is one big stiff and I knew Cain would destroy him. Got Em!!

Dec 12, 2006
Ya bro I feel it I cant help it tho mane, I hella like Fedor, n that just blinded my judgment I also did not think Dos Santos would just pick apart Mir

I wanna see David Haye spend a year working on takedown deffense mixed with BJJ and I think he becomes a UFC legend, last night was revealing to me to how bad the striking really is, mix that with Haye's crazy head movement and I think he would be lighting people up

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I was never really sold on Big Foot, just looking at him over the last 3 years he went to a very close decision with glass jaw Arlovski, got beat in a stand up fight with Werdum lol I still can't believe that when I type it, WERDUM beat him in basically an all stand up fight, he almost got KO'd by a Light Heavyweight who was fighting on short notice. Dude's whole claim to greatness was purely a hype train based off of one good win over an out of his prime Fedor.

Big Foot fights way too stiff, has no speed at all, and his chin is horrible. He'll be an awesome gatekeeper in the UFC though, just don't think he'll ever do anything against top 10 fighters.

He's a good person for guys like Mitrione, Travis Browne, Ben Rothwell etc. to go up against to see if they belong in the upper echelon.

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
JDS IS GONNA BE DEADLY FROM HERE ON...
HE GOTS THE STIGMA OF DEFENDING THE BELT, OVER WITH...
AND HIS HANDS IS ALL HE NEEDS.
PLUS NOBODY HAS A CLUE HOW GOOD HIS GROUND GAME IS.
WHICH HAS TO BE PRETTY FUCKIN SOLID...JUST COMING FROM THAT CAMP ALONE!

HE'S GONNA TEAR SHIT UP FOR A MINUTE.

Jun 24, 2005
I'll just throw it out there that I don't understand people comparing boxing in MMA to boxing by itself. Fighters who utilize boxing in MMA STILL have to practice for all the other aspects of an MMA fight, whereas boxers only need to practice for boxing.

Fighters who us boxing in MMA and dominate might mean boxing > than MMA, but if you put an MMA fighter against a boxer, what are the chances the boxer would know how to defend against take downs and subs and what not?

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
cain vs nelson is a good fight... reem would murder dos santos.
Agreed. Got Em!!

I was never really sold on Big Foot, just looking at him over the last 3 years he went to a very close decision with glass jaw Arlovski, got beat in a stand up fight with Werdum lol I still can't believe that when I type it, WERDUM beat him in basically an all stand up fight, he almost got KO'd by a Light Heavyweight who was fighting on short notice. Dude's whole claim to greatness was purely a hype train based off of one good win over an out of his prime Fedor.

Big Foot fights way too stiff, has no speed at all, and his chin is horrible. He'll be an awesome gatekeeper in the UFC though, just don't think he'll ever do anything against top 10 fighters.

He's a good person for guys like Mitrione, Travis Browne, Ben Rothwell etc. to go up against to see if they belong in the upper echelon.
So are u saying Big Foot should now become the measuring stick kinda like Congo has been for a while lol. Got Em!!

JDS IS GONNA BE DEADLY FROM HERE ON...
HE GOTS THE STIGMA OF DEFENDING THE BELT, OVER WITH...
AND HIS HANDS IS ALL HE NEEDS.
PLUS NOBODY HAS A CLUE HOW GOOD HIS GROUND GAME IS.
WHICH HAS TO BE PRETTY FUCKIN SOLID...JUST COMING FROM THAT CAMP ALONE!

HE'S GONNA TEAR SHIT UP FOR A MINUTE.
Trust me Overeem would destroy JDS! Got Em!!

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
Trust me Overeem would destroy JDS! Got Em!!
OVEREEM IS THE ONLY HOPE THERE IS...A FEW MONTHS AGO I WOULD HAVE AGREED WITH YOU.

NOW I THINK DOS SANTOS IS GONNA BE HARD TO PUT AWAY...

AFTER THE LAYOFF REEM IS GONNA HAVE AND THE HEAVY PED TESTING HE'S GONNA HAVE TO GO THROUGH...WHICH MEANS REALISTICALLY HIS TESTOSTERONE LEVELS ARENT GONNA BE SO HIGH...I DONT SEE THAT AS BEING BENEFICIAL TO HIS CAUSE AT ALL

WHEREAS JDS IS ENDING FIGHTS...HE HAS TO BE CONFIDENT AS CAN BE...AND HE'LL HAVE HAD MORE THAN ENOUGH TIME FOR PREPARATION...

THIS FIGHT ALWAYS HAS AND PROBABLY ALWAYS, WILL BE A TOSS UP TO ME.

THERE HEAVIES...LUCKY PUNCHES AND ONE HIT KO'S ARE THE EPITOME OF THIS WEIGHT CLASS.