UFC 146

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2006
Good Card for knockouts and all the prelims were solid too. was it just me who noticed Mir gave up just like JDS said he'd do in the primetime show. some of those wobbly things he did looked fake and i think he was mainly trying to get out of that cage after he was hit. As for JDS Boxing. only reason he is succeeding at it is because he's a well rounded MMA fighter. if his takedown skills werent as good as they are then he would've lost awhile ago and maybe even in this fight. he mainly uses his boxing but it's his MMA defense that paved his way to use his heavy hands the way he does.

Comparing Boxing to MMA is dumb because Boxing is part of MMA. MMA stands for mixed martial arts and Boxing is a great art but there's Silva who dominates with a different art form and GSP dominates his weightclass with his different artform and so on and so on....

May 6, 2009
Good Card for knockouts and all the prelims were solid too. was it just me who noticed Mir gave up just like JDS said he'd do in the primetime show. some of those wobbly things he did looked fake and i think he was mainly trying to get out of that cage after he was hit. As for JDS Boxing. only reason he is succeeding at it is because he's a well rounded MMA fighter. if his takedown skills werent as good as they are then he would've lost awhile ago and maybe even in this fight. he mainly uses his boxing but it's his MMA defense that paved his way to use his heavy hands the way he does.

Comparing Boxing to MMA is dumb because Boxing is part of MMA. MMA stands for mixed martial arts and Boxing is a great art but there's Silva who dominates with a different art form and GSP dominates his weightclass with his different artform and so on and so on....
I noticed the same thing about Mir. If you watch his first fight against Brock, he barely gets hit by a straight right I think, and goes to his back. Seemed like he did the same thing in the 2nd round vs Dos Santos. He is soft, plain and simple. I think he's a damn good all around fighter, but just has no heart.