UFC 146

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 27, 2008
this card isnt nearly as exciting to me now.

i thought the original bigfoot/nelson match-up was amusing because every time nelson fights they talk about how he's naturally way too small for the division.. & then they set him up against a fucking giant lol.

plus i wanted to see bigfoot get a win in his first UFC fight, & it seemed much more likely against roy.

not to mention the obvious downgrade the main event took...

Feb 10, 2006
im truly pumped up for mir, he's my favorite fighter and has been since he's first entered the ufc, i dont know why he takes so much heat from people all he does is train hard, works on ways to get better, and has confidence in himself. he's not the one in there showboating around. you know how bad he wants that belt after being hv champ and losing it all cuz of a motorcycle crash...i hope he gets the title bacc, it's been a long tuff road for him.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
This is the best thing to ever happen. Varner's going to die and I'm going to be doing the goddamn riverdance out of joy

Gonzaga & Dunham out, Herman & Varner in

The injury bug has bitten again, and this time its target was UFC 146, which underwent two more changes today.

After much reshuffling on the all-heavyweight main card, Roy "Big Country" Nelson now has his third opponent since the event was announced. Gabriel Gonzaga is out with an injury, just 8 days after being slotted to fight Nelson after Nelson's original opponent, Bigfoot Silva, was plucked for another bout. Hirsute heavyweight Dave Herman will now fill in against the TUF 10 winner.

On the undercard, lightweight contender Evan Dunham has also been injured, forcing him to withdraw from his much-anticipated bout against Edson Barboza. The change opens the door for the Zuffa return of former WEC champion Jamie Varner. Varner has racked up three impressive wins in the last year, all finishes in under two minutes.