UFC 140

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Rashad Evans got hurt again, he must not want that belt bacc, or training too hard cuz he keeps getting hurt.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
machida is just gona bacc pedal, jones will slowly stalk him and finish him, thought rashad had a better chance cuz hes more unpredictable, rather than machida standing straight up with his chin out.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Venue: Air Canada Centre
Broadcast: Pay-per-view

Champ Jon Jones vs. Lyoto Machida (for light-heavyweight title)
Frank Mir vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Tito Ortiz
Brian Ebersole vs. Rory MacDonald
Mark Hominick vs. Chan Sung Jung
Mark Bocek vs. Nik Lentz
Igor Pokrajac vs. Krzysztof Soszynski
Rich Attonito vs. Claude Patrick
Dennis Hallman vs. John Makdessi
John Cholish vs. Mitch Clarke

Oct 25, 2007
www.antilabs.net
machida is dangerous for anyone. i really think stylistically this is a challenging matchup for jones and machida will definitely be hungry to win this.

w/that said i wouldn't put too much emotion behind one or the other. they're both phenomenal fighters and whoever outworks the other deserves to win.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
machida is dangerous for anyone. i really think stylistically this is a challenging matchup for jones and machida will definitely be hungry to win this.

w/that said i wouldn't put too much emotion behind one or the other. they're both phenomenal fighters and whoever outworks the other deserves to win.
i totally agree that machida provides a bit of an issue for Jones. still think Jones will take it....but i hope machida kicks his fucking head off!
respect for Jones for taking so many fights in such a short time frame.

Feb 12, 2004
A lot of those fancy kicks(front kick, side kick to the knee, spinning back kick, etc.) Jones uses are so effective because his opponents aren't used to seeing them therefor can't stop them, but all those are found in the discipline Machida has spent his entire life training(shotokan). I think for this exact reason PLUS Machida's traditional side stance will benefit him in this fight. I think Machida will try to eliminate Jone's reach advantage by being even more cautious and choosing his spots to jump in with a counter extremely carefully. Jones is by far the superior athlete tho and still has an ace up his sleeve in the form of his excellent wrestling.

Oct 27, 2008
A lot of those fancy kicks(front kick, side kick to the knee, spinning back kick, etc.) Jones uses are so effective because his opponents aren't used to seeing them therefor can't stop them, but all those are found in the discipline Machida has spent his entire life training(shotokan). I think for this exact reason PLUS Machida's traditional side stance will benefit him in this fight. I think Machida will try to eliminate Jone's reach advantage by being even more cautious and choosing his spots to jump in with a counter extremely carefully. Jones is by far the superior athlete tho and still has an ace up his sleeve in the form of his excellent wrestling.
this pretty much how i see it too, & is exactly why this is the match i wanted to see in the first place. the stand-up portion of the fight is going to be very interesting to watch. really hoping to see machida exploit jones explosiveness & work his way inside that long reach for the kill.

Feb 28, 2006
hell yea. great 2 see machida earn another shot at the title. it makes more sense since machida already defeated rashad. both fighters got a extremely technical stand up game with jones having the reach advantage while machida has more experience. im giving it 2 machida for the fact that he has sparring experience vs a. silva.