UFC 140

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
i want to jones against silva !! they need to make it happen
i been sayin the same shit!
some folks on here set me strait. jones is in a heavier weight class, doesn't wanna go down. and silva doesn't wanna go up.

they should make it a non-title fight between jones and silva, maybe having them meet halfway in between for weight. although i'm sure ignorant of how that chit works so not sure if that is possible. but anything is possible IMO. so get to it dana white breh, for reals.

Mar 26, 2010
silva was in that weight class before he drop so can dominate to me thats the best fight for jones this machida shit is just cause everyone wants to see jones and rashad they going to build that fight up ufc cashing out on jones fights for ppv

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
The five-fight main card for December's UFC 140 event is now set.

As officials announced this past week, the Toronto shows features a light-heavyweight title fight between champion Jon Jones (14-1 MMA, 8-1 UFC) and ex-titleholder Lyoto Machida (17-2 MMA, 9-2 UFC).

Four other bouts are part of the pay-per-view lineup.

UFC 140 takes place Dec. 10 at Air Canada Centre in Toronto. In addition to the main card, prelims are expected to stream on Facebook.

In addition to the Jones vs. Machida headliner, other bouts slated for the main card include heavyweights Frank Mir (15-5 MMA, 13-5 UFC) vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (33-6-1 MMA, 4-2 UFC), light heavyweights Tito Ortiz (16-9-1 MMA, 15-9-1 UFC) vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (19-5 MMA, 2-2 UFC), welterweights Rory MacDonald (12-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) vs. Brian Ebersole (48-14-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC), and featherweights Mark Hominick (20-9 MMA, 3-1 UFC) vs. "The Korean Zombie" Chan Sung Jung (11-3 MMA, 1-0 UFC).

Machida, of course, is a replacement for injured Rashad Evans, whose hand injury wasn't cleared for the fight. Evans, a former champ, was first promised another shot at the title back back in May 2010 after a victory over Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, but injuries to either his opponents or himself have constantly delayed the title shot.

With most of the division's top contenders either injured or already booked for fights, Machida became the most viable option.

The latest UFC 140 card now includes:

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Champ Jon Jones vs. Lyoto Machida (for light-heavyweight title)
Frank Mir vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Tito Ortiz
Brian Ebersole vs. Rory MacDonald
Mark Hominick vs. Chan Sung Jung

PRELIMINARY CARD

Igor Pokrajac vs. Krzysztof Soszynski
Dennis Hallman vs. John Makdessi
Rich Attonito vs. Claude Patrick
Mark Bocek vs. Nik Lentz
John Cholish vs. Mitch Clarke

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
silva was in that weight class before he drop so can dominate to me thats the best fight for jones this machida shit is just cause everyone wants to see jones and rashad they going to build that fight up ufc cashing out on jones fights for ppv
LOL Silva only fought at LHW twice in his entire career. Once in 2008 against James Irvin (who is kind of a can) and in 2009 against Forrest Griffin. Before he went on his run at Middleweight in 2003 he was top 10 in the world at Welterweight.