UFC 100: LESNAR VS MIR II

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Could go either way I think.

Akiyama vs. Belcher: Belcher's never impressed me but he does pull off wins. Akiyama's got awesome skills but it's his first fight in a cage and the Japanese (Korean lol) always seem to have trouble with that. Could be a lot of clinching and judo throws from Akiyama to a decision.

Hendo vs. Bisping: Seems like a sure thing for Hendo but you never know. Hopefully Dan finishes early because with him gassing in the 3rd against Rich he shouldn't go to a decision against the UFC's UK meal ticket.

Fitch vs. Thiago: Thiago was getting smoked till he flash KO'd Koscheck, supposedly has good BJJ which will keep Fitch honest since I think he'll be working GnP most of the time. Fitch has never been much of a finisher so it's either Thiago by sub or Fitch by decision.

GSP vs. Alves: Has fight of the night written all over it. Both have been destroying people lately. Alves seems to have better takedown defense since he fought Fitch, but GSP's the best wrestler at 170. Either Alves gets the KO or GSP pounds him out for a long time.

Brock vs. Mir: I don't think Brock will want to go to the ground since most think Mir's only shot is a sub. Standing I don't know who has an advantage, Mir looked good against a shitty Nog, but has never really had great standup and Brock got worked by Randy until he landed a big punch. Don't think this one will go to a decision.

Feb 12, 2004
This card better live up to the hype cause I got a gangload of people comin through....
My boy just moved into a 2 story house and the entire bottom room downstairs is now called "the octagon" lol. We got 4 couches in there, a fridge filled with hundreds of beers, a 50 inch hd flat screen, he just bought $400 entertainment system for UFC 100 and the walls are covered with MMA posters. We are about to begin the day early bbqing and then have a fuck ton of people over later at night. I'm ready for the superbowl of MMA!! We do every UFC big tho so it's nothing new!!

May 3, 2002
My boy just moved into a 2 story house and the entire bottom room downstairs is now called "the octagon" lol. We got 4 couches in there, a fridge filled with hundreds of beers, a 50 inch hd flat screen, he just bought $400 entertainment system for UFC 100 and the walls are covered with MMA posters. We are about to begin the day early bbqing and then have a fuck ton of people over later at night. I'm ready for the superbowl of MMA!! We do every UFC big tho so it's nothing new!!
haha, thats Dope! I just hope the card lives up to it. Nothing I hate more then a great looking card being wack as fuck. :confused:

Apr 25, 2002
Thats whats sup, HD is the way to go! I still got 24 single break motors 6 16shot cakes left that went untouched that imma let go if and when Thiago Alves ktfo's GSP. I gotta feeling GSP is gonna pound the shit outta Alves 5 rounds straight. Im still goin for the pitbull tho!!!!

Ya'll doin it grande. We gonna try, carne asada estillo Nicaraguense a few bottles of privey heem, and oysters and we straight. Thats dope ya boy gots the pad of all pads to watch the fights, all ya need is michael buffer in that bitch to do the commentating haha....

Jul 29, 2008
Lesnar's arms are too big to be extended for an arm-bar lol..........
It doesn't matter. There are positions where you have absolutely no leverage at all and all those muscles won't help one bit. Technique will always beat strength.

Armbar is the most used submission I've seen. maybe next to the RNC.

but dont matter how strong you are.. back muscles are stronger than arm muscles and if you ever been in an armbar, you'll know why its effective. People have prevented armbars, but I havent seen anyone in a full armbar just curl their arm outta strength and get not submit.

I tried to do that escape Rich Franklin did when he was in an armbar, and my elbow made 3 cracked sounds.
-----------------------------------

Its hard to say, as it always is, bekuz Mir was getting wooped on and believe it or not, once you get hit, shit dont go you way. He pulled off a sloppy kneebar or anklelock...Lesner is a powerhouse.. no doubt, we'll see how his submission skills have improved.

Anyways I doubt he will need to rely on just strength. Hopefully he's been working on his overall game and im still picking him to win.[/QUOTE]

Feb 7, 2006
Fighters on Weight for UFC 100

UFC 100 Weigh-in Results:
Brock Lesnar (265) vs. Frank Mir (245)
Georges St. Pierre (170) vs. Thiago Alves (170)
Jon Fitch (170) vs. Paulo Thiago (170)
Dan Henderson (185) vs. Michael Bisping (186)
Yoshihiro Akiyama (185) vs. Alan Belcher (186)
Mark Coleman (205) vs. Stephan Bonnar (205)
Mac Danzig (154) vs. Jim Miller (155)
Jon Jones (206) vs. Jake O'Brien (206)
Dong Hyun Kim (171) vs. T.J. Grant (170)
CB Dollaway (186) vs. Tom Lawlor (184)
Matt Grice (155) vs. Shannon Gugerty (156)