Trump cuts welfare the party is over for Welfare Queens

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 16, 2002
This issue is a double edged sword. Welfare is definitely needed by the legit people in terrible situations who could actually use it, but the Government needs to figure out a better way to filter out the bullshitters who are scamming the system instead of taking it away from everybody.

Without section 8 and food stamps I would have been homeless and starved as a kid, but at the same time my mom was a junkie who worked the system my entire life instead of working. What do we do in that situation? Take away the welfare from the bullshitter, then the kids starve, it ain't really fixing anything in a lot of these situations.

Shit is a complete mess, they should have worked to make a plan to replace the current system at a later date rather than just cutting it.
I grew up in the same situation as you. Both of my parents were drug addicts that continuously abused the system. I would have been homeless without welfare and section 8.

That said, my mom now admits that the "assistance" they got made them not even try to get a job or do anything, really. Why would you work when you can get shit for free and fuck around all day?

The problem with that is at a certain point you lose the ability to provide for yourself as you continue on your downward spiral. Now you've become dependent upon the government for everything. And the cycle continues. The more free shit you get, the less ambition you have. The less ambition you have, the more you rely upon your government. The more you rely upon the government, the easier it is for them to hold you down for their benefit.

May 22, 2006
I grew up in the same situation as you. Both of my parents were drug addicts that continuously abused the system. I would have been homeless without welfare and section 8.

That said, my mom now admits that the "assistance" they got made them not even try to get a job or do anything, really. Why would you work when you can get shit for free and fuck around all day?

The problem with that is at a certain point you lose the ability to provide for yourself as you continue on your downward spiral. Now you've become dependent upon the government for everything. And the cycle continues. The more free shit you get, the less ambition you have. The less ambition you have, the more you rely upon your government. The more you rely upon the government, the easier it is for them to hold you down for their benefit.
This is how people are trapped into voting democrat. And the main reason why the system exists in the capacity that it does.

I agree, like everyone else, that some sort of welfare or safety net should be in place for decent people who run across really bad situations. It should not be a long term soloution.

I don't know the specifics in what needs to be changed but obviously the program is fucked up and riddled with fraud and abuse. It's not good for anyone

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
My dad works at the county health clinic here in San Diego. The first time he ever seen a lotus was when some armenian dude walked in, jewelled up, asking for a waiver to get seen. America is called the land of the free for more than one reason.

But like many have mentioned on here, welfare is needed. However, there needs to be some sort of task force to stop the fraud and abuse. Help people get jobs, get off drugs etc. If they refuse, give them the bare minimum to survive, literally food and shelter. Need an EBT card they can trade for cash. imo. cutting it off completely won't solve anything. in fact, it will make things worse.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
But I too wonder what's going to happen to the people who really do need assistance.
They either going to sink or swim fam.

I remember after 911 when there was a downturn they gave me my little unemployment money, medical for me and the kids, and $20 in food stamps lmao. I had to cash my 401k and return to the streets to make ends meet. I don't regret or feel any remorse and am thankful for the streets and those that helped me get my paper up. I am also thankful that I am in a better position now where I don't have to take penitentiary chances yfm.

I hear a lot of people saying their parents were addicts and stayed on welfare, but not a single one of them got rich off the system. Those who strive for more and to achieve more will, if you content with being poor and not trying to figure out how to make it above that, you won't (some people have never been given the tools or the opportunity though).

My sis is a drug addict who was collecting that welfare money and child support. The baby daddy was even paying rent. I convinced him to end that bs in 2004/05 and get custody. It was the best thing that could have ever happened to my niece who became a model and got a full ride to college. She would have never achieved that living with her mother.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2016
My dad works at the county health clinic here in San Diego. The first time he ever seen a lotus was when some armenian dude walked in, jewelled up, asking for a waiver to get seen. America is called the land of the free for more than one reason.

But like many have mentioned on here, welfare is needed. However, there needs to be some sort of task force to stop the fraud and abuse. Help people get jobs, get off drugs etc. If they refuse, give them the bare minimum to survive, literally food and shelter. Need an EBT card they can trade for cash. imo. cutting it off completely won't solve anything. in fact, it will make things worse.
This. Too many people have a GIBS ME DAT attitude.

Preach to the youth, they need to hear it.

Jun 16, 2002
This is how people are trapped into voting democrat.
Exactly. I am not trying to shit on democrats as I vote independently without allegiance or hatred toward any party, but they are the ones perpetuating this reliance. A lot of people falsely assume that they're out to help by giving you free shit. In reality, they're driving down ambition by floating some free change your way and since they're the ones "helping" you, they get your vote every time because you want/need that to continue. Round and round we go.

As someone above mentioned, aint nobody getting rich off government cheese, but a lot of people are content knowing they'll get just enough to survive without having to work for it. Those who are out to better themselves will get it done through their own hustle and personal drive regardless. But 99% of the people abusing the system have no hustle or drive, which is why they're abusing the system in the first place.

We definitely need to keep a program in place that provides assistance to those who need it, but we also need some way to monitor it and eliminate as much of the mooching as possible. I've always wondered why people receiving welfare aren't required to put in some community service hours or something similar. The issue of child care will obviously be the first excuse brought to the table - and it is valid for many - but what about the ones who sit on their asses while their kids are at school for 6+ hours? If they're disabled, that's a different story. But a lot of people are perfectly fine to work and just don't want to.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
When I was five, I taught myself how to ride a bike in like 2 days...How? The bike didn't have training wheels.

People become very resiliant when you allow them to fail.
I have the same mindset as well. However, I don't think many Americans share that same sentiment. Cutting off welfare benefits cold turkey won't solve anything. There's needs to be a phase out program to help people get the care they need then help them get off welfare with job placement programs, drug rehab, workshops, parenting classes, etc.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Just read Amazon has now made it possible to purchase Amazon Prime with EBT cards. EBT customers only have to pay $5.99 a month and starting this summer will be able to use EBT to order groceries through Prime.

Really hope people don't find loopholes to abuse this shit and start ordering regular items with EBT.

Jun 16, 2002
Where did the maker if this meme get their information? I don't follow what Trump does with his time, but I have seen people bitching that he golfs a lot (so did Obama). However, it was my understanding that he's usually golfing on his own golf courses. So, how can he possibly spend $67M golfing in 5 months?

Is there a source? Or do people just see something like this and believe it no matter how outrageous it sounds because it fits their narrative?

I am not a Trump supporter, but I'm also not a Trump hater. If there's a credible source that confirms this information, then I'd be just as pissed off about it as I am with people abusing the system. If not, don't spread the bullshit.

The dude is a billionaire and wouldn't need to spend taxpayer money to vacation. He could have just not ran for president and vacationed as much as he wanted without people whining about it and it wouldn't affect his bank account much.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Where did the maker if this meme get their information? I don't follow what Trump does with his time, but I have seen people bitching that he golfs a lot (so did Obama). However, it was my understanding that he's usually golfing on his own golf courses. So, how can he possibly spend $67M golfing in 5 months?

Is there a source? Or do people just see something like this and believe it no matter how outrageous it sounds because it fits their narrative?

I am not a Trump supporter, but I'm also not a Trump hater. If there's a credible source that confirms this information, then I'd be just as pissed off about it as I am with people abusing the system. If not, don't spread the bullshit.

The dude is a billionaire and wouldn't need to spend taxpayer money to vacation. He could have just not ran for president and vacationed as much as he wanted without people whining about it and it wouldn't affect his bank account much.
I don't know if the number itself is true, but the cost of anywhere Trump goes generally goes to security, evacuation plans, overtime pay for local police etc. Air Force One also costs a ridiculous amount of money every time he uses it, which he uses it for every single trip. I've read Air Force One costs $200,000 per hour to operate.

He's already taken over 20 golf trips to Mar-a-lago. Air Force One costs alone could be a million per trip depending on where he's flying in from.

The NYPD recently said it costs $500,000 a day protecting Trump Tower because Melania and his son Baron didn't move to the white house and choose to live there instead. So I'm guessing it cost the police in Florida a ton of money also.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Here's a good article that talks about the costs of operating Air Force One. The article points out another huge cost I never even thought of. Those convoys of armored limos Presidents always drive around in wherever they go are flown over on cargo jets and staged before Air Force One gets there. So are those special President helicopters.

Air Force One travel cost for President Trump - Business Insider

Jun 16, 2002
I don't know if the number itself is true, but the cost of anywhere Trump goes generally goes to security, evacuation plans, overtime pay for local police etc. Air Force One also costs a ridiculous amount of money every time he uses it, which he uses it for every single trip. I've read Air Force One costs $200,000 per hour to operate.

He's already taken over 20 golf trips to Mar-a-lago. Air Force One costs alone could be a million per trip depending on where he's flying in from.

The NYPD recently said it costs $500,000 a day protecting Trump Tower because Melania and his son Baron didn't move to the white house and choose to live there instead. So I'm guessing it cost the police in Florida a ton of money also.
Didn't even think about that. Good call, my man.

He better stay his ass in DC if it's going to cost that much for him to travel. :angry:

Jul 12, 2002
Didn't even think about that. Good call, my man.

He better stay his ass in DC if it's going to cost that much for him to travel. :angry:
I also read that every time he goes to Mar-A-Lago to golf, the secret service is billed $34,000 by Trump's resort just to rent golf carts to use while providing security for him. It's not only expensive for the taxpayers, he's also profiting every time he golfs, at our expense. That's only one example of too.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005

How much do Donald Trump's trips to Mar-a-Lago cost? | PolitiFact