Trading in my car

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I'm not comprehending why you would want another 24k loan (at what percent interest?) on a vehicle. It is important to look at the derivative of that vehicle cost (any vehicle for that matter) to determine if it is even worth it to be begin with, and when is the right time to get out (valuation vs depreciation). What interest rate are they giving you, if you don't mind answering, or are you going through a credit union or other finance for it. I mean if you can get a no interest loan, I get buying from a dealership, but it depends on depreciation rate of the vehicle. If it is a vehicle you just have to have regardless, there is nothing wrong with making yourself happy as long as it won't make you miserable.

If you are contributing at a minimum of 15% of your own pay (not employer contribution- thats separate) toward retirement and don't have any other debts, then you have the financial space and ability where it doesn't matter anyway, but my key is 1) never buy something I can't pay cash for and 2) live debt free.

At the end of the day, the folx tellin you to sell it privately have the right answer, especially since your loan is now less than blue book, so you can pay off the loan and take 2k to put on the new one.

Last edited:

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
I traded in a 2008 Mercury Mountaineer last year for a 2013 Kia Soul and got exactly what I owed plus $150 less a month than they had originally offered. I'm leasing the soul and will trade it in in 2 years for something else, maybe a 2016 soul.
Hot damn I picture u hoppin out the Kia soul with those capris on...hoes must be jockin like crazy

Apr 24, 2012
I traded in my POS and bought a truck few months ago. What are you Driving now by the way? and what kind of truck are you looking at? now I can saddle up the dirt bikes on the back and go out for a rip! fuck yah bud

Feb 14, 2004
Right now I'm driving a 2010 Dodge Charger SXT. Not too sure what I'm looking for, but I'll know when I see it. At first I had my eye on this Dodge Ram 1500 black on black, and that got sold. And then I had my eye on this 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 black on black, but the price is too high for me.

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
Are you sure that's all you want?

Then save up $5k and get a used Honda Accord.

I cant even wrap my mind around sinking into a 30-something thousand dollar hole for no reason.
For real, If i spend over 5k on a car, people are gonna be telling me how dope it is at gas stations, and giving me thumbs up everywhere i drive.