Top Dawg Ent. Mega-thread (Kendrick Lamar, ScHoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, Jay-Rock etc)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
fuck ya, that shit is smooth. what style of music is this?

would bsbd be considered similiar or newer age of this?
They kinda have a mix of sounds but I'd say they are rooted in synthpop for sure.

Chromatics aren't an older band, but I'd say they are similar as in they are both electronic musicians, BSBD might be more along the lines of downtempo electronic music though.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
If you like the Chromatics sound, you might like everything on the Italians Do It Better label. The head, Johnny Jewel, is behind the majority of the label's acts and was responsible for the Drive Soundtrack which brought a renewed interest in synthpop/Italodisco to the forefront.

warning: this is not really hip-hop

Apr 25, 2002
Finally soaked this in - put it in the car to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

This shit is mediocre at best. Maybe 4 songs on here with replay value.

And when did Q get so banged out in his music? I've never heard him reference Hoovers so much. Seems he was more on that party shit before and here he is super crip.

Beats are lacking and he killed himself by waiting so long to drop. Collard Greens, the one with Jay Rock, And Studio are the best ones. And Prescription Drugs - that shit goes but the second song on the tracks sucks.

I don't know 6/10 at best.

May 10, 2002
No hate but I've only bought a few of Schoolboy Q tracks because of the features and the way THOSE people rode the beat. I'll give it to him that he doesn't sound like anyone else but he's average at best to me. Don't understand the hype.

When I heard Kendrick before Section 80 I knew he was the truth and the next one on for the TDE camp who may catch Kendrick (and is heavily influenced by him if you ask me) is Isaiah Rashad.