Top 5 no limit albums and the 5 weakest no limit albums

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 24, 2002
Hella no-limit cd's I never heard, stopped buying after 2000. I heard master P's good side bad side was his last good cd, had it for years, still haven't listened to it. Might have to revisit only god can judge me & ghetto postage. The master P cd I started with was Ghetto D, haven't heard his first 3 albums. I'm not hip to Tre 8, can't recall that one dropping'.

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
THAT SKULL DUGGERY ALBUM HAD SOME ALRIGHT JOINTS...ITS ALSO THE FIRST TIME I HEARD A SONG SCREWED...LIKE SCREWED AND CHOPPED...ONCE THEY ADDED A MILLION ARTISTS TO THE LABEL...IT FUCKED OFF THERE WHOLE SHIT...THEN CASH MONEY MOVED IN HARD ON THEM.

Des504

destructCo.
Oct 13, 2002
louisiana
etsy.com
I kind of dig the Lil Italy album...mostly for the nostalgia of when it came out.

Kane & Abel's first was pretty hot, too. Pretty much NY style mixed w/southern gangster beats. One of the most diverse of the entire catalog.

Still think Soulja Slim's best was the sub-labeled, 'Streets Made Me'.

Fiend's releases were very solid.

D.I.G. should have dropped an album in that 1999/2000-era.

C-murder's best, IMO, was 'Trapped In Crime.' and I'd say that or 'Tha Last Meal' was the last best NL album.

I could talk No Limit all day. ha.

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
I USED TO NOT LIKE C-MURDER,CAUSE HOW HE ALWAYS TRIED TO SOUND LIKE TUPAC. BUT HE ENDED UP BEING MY FAVORITE ARTIST OFF NO LIMIT...THAT CAT GOT SOME GOOD SONGS.

HE HAD THE HARDEST VERSES ON "LAST DANCE"
"IM KINDA CRAZY CANT GET ME, ALOTTA NIGGAS SCARED TO STAND IN THE SAME ROOM WITH ME,
IM BOUT THAT DOPE,PUSSY, AND MONEY BRO, JUST GOT OUT OF JAIL AND ALREADY BACK TO SLANGING DOPE"

THAT SHIT WAS HARD...MIA X WAS DECENT BUT IF THEY WOULDA HAD SOMEBODY ELSE OTHER THAN HER ON THAT TRACK...THAT SHIT WOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE TEN TIMES HARDER.

Apr 25, 2002
if that big ed woulda dropped in 96 versus 98, that album would have made all of our top 5 lists.
word up...

top 5:

Down South Hustlers
WCBB 1 (og)
TRU-True
Silkk-Charge It To The Game
Im Bout It

honerable mention: Dangerous Dame-Escape From The Mental Ward. though i liked the ep, in my eyes it really didnt showcase the real Dame. and it was also gay that the cassette had the whole fuckin ep on side A and B.

Apr 25, 2002
I USED TO NOT LIKE C-MURDER,CAUSE HOW HE ALWAYS TRIED TO SOUND LIKE TUPAC. BUT HE ENDED UP BEING MY FAVORITE ARTIST OFF NO LIMIT...THAT CAT GOT SOME GOOD SONGS.

HE HAD THE HARDEST VERSES ON "LAST DANCE"
"IM KINDA CRAZY CANT GET ME, ALOTTA NIGGAS SCARED TO STAND IN THE SAME ROOM WITH ME,
IM BOUT THAT DOPE,PUSSY, AND MONEY BRO, JUST GOT OUT OF JAIL AND ALREADY BACK TO SLANGING DOPE"
i liked C-Murder before the tank got dipped in diamonds. after that, like when his album dropped i wasnt feelin him at all. on Last Dance his shit was raw. that song is C-Murder to me.

i anticipated his album as much as i did Big Ed's. and i was dissapointed in both. i only liked "Akickdoe!", but thats cus the UGK verses and hook.

Apr 25, 2002
if that big ed woulda dropped in 96 versus 98, that album would have made all of our top 5 lists.
i also think that if "Ghetto D" dropped years before when it was called "Ghetto Dope" with the base head on the cover it woulda been a doper album. i wasnt feelin much in that whole Priority era.

Feb 14, 2004
"years before"? Advertisement started for that album in his Ice Cream Man album cover, which was released in April 96'. An album cover didn't surface until WCBB II, which was released in Jan 97'. Ghetto D was released Sep 97'. :cheeky:

Mar 21, 2010
Only ones I've had is High Fo Xmas, still play this every xmas. Prime Suspects - guilty till proven innocent, cool album, got a couple of dope cuts. C-Murder - trapped in crime, only liked that forever tru track. Got rid of it

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
If one is looking for the best albums, they will be mostly the ones released before 1997. After that everything they dropped simply had to contain at least 75 minutes of tracks which meant that none of the albums was solid from beginning to finish.

My list would be something like this:

1. Ghetto's Trying To Kill Me
2. West Coast Bad Boys 1
3. Mystikal - Unpredictable
4. Snoop Dogg - No Limit Top Dogg - not really a No Limit album but it was technically released on the label and it is a very good one
5. Snoop Dogg - Da Game Is to Be Sold, Not to Be Told - people hate on the album because it wasn't Doggystyle but it is in fact the best album with the No Limit Beats By The Pound style of the late 90s, it seems like they saved the best beats for that one

Honorable mentions:

Lil Ric - Deep N tha Game
West Coast Bad Boyz: High Fo Xmas
Master P - 99 Ways to Die
Skull Duggery - Hoodlum Fo' Life
Mac - Shell Shocked

Ultimately, the fact that they released 40 albums in the span of less than two years around 1998-1999 and they were all mostly produced by the same several people ruined them - nobody can maintain that level of output without compromising the quality. That's why every such list will be heavy on the earlier material

Apr 25, 2002
"years before"? Advertisement started for that album in his Ice Cream Man album cover, which was released in April 96'. An album cover didn't surface until WCBB II, which was released in Jan 97'. Ghetto D was released Sep 97'. :cheeky:
you obvously missed the whole point of the post.

so almost a year and a half passed between the Ice Cream Man adverstisments and when Ghetto D was actually released. do you think they started recording Ghetto D in April of '96 too smart guy? do you think they never recorded a No Limit version of Life of a Kingpin too? the point i was making with the "basehead" cover was that it woulda been a whole different album, in a whole different No Limit era. :ermm: good job on your googling skills tho.

Feb 14, 2004
Googling skills? I've been buying every single NL album since 99 Ways To Die first came out. I know these things by heart lol

So you're saying replace the title WCBB II with Ghetto D?

10,000th post

Apr 25, 2002
do you think they never recorded a No Limit version of Life of a Kingpin too? the point i was making with the "basehead" cover was that it woulda been a whole different album, in a whole different No Limit era
a little off-topic, but MAN i always wonder what a Big Ed album that would have dropped right after the "True" album would have sounded like. i forgot which interview it was (probably a Murder Dog) where Ed said that he was next to drop after "True", but for some reason he was passed up in favor of recording a "brothers" TRU album (TRU 2 Da Game).

Apr 25, 2002
So you're saying replace the title WCBB II with Ghetto D?
i dont even know what the hell that means bruh.

i been buying No Limit a few years before 99 Ways. i even had Sonya C. i know how they work/worked. Most of the cats on GD were'nt even on NL when the album name first popped up. then every thing changed to go with P's plan. and he was successful.

Apr 25, 2002
a little off-topic, but MAN i always wonder what a Big Ed album that would have dropped right after the "True" album would have sounded like. i forgot which interview it was (probably a Murder Dog) where Ed said that he was next to drop after "True", but for some reason he was passed up in favor of recording a "brothers" TRU album (TRU 2 Da Game).
yeah i remember Big Ed was supposed to drop real early and he ended up gettin put on the super back burner. P showcased Big Ed alot on the Richmond stuff so it always seemed like he was gonna be a solo artist, instead of just strictly a TRU member. he was also my fav rapper in TRU so i thought it was gay when he wasnt part of the last variation of TRU, though i still bought it. i think Ed had the best oppertunity (in theory) as far as droppin after NL blew up compared to before. but he got lossed in the shuffle.

the album i really wanted to see on NL was CCG-100% Game. the 100% Game they ended up droppin lacked alot. they needed the right music and studio.

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
I REMEMBER WHEN, ON THE INSIDE OF THE NO LIMIT COVERS...THEY HAD A 976-NUMBER YOU COULD CALL TO GET UPDATES ON THEIR ALBUMS, AND YOU WOULD GET CHARGED FOR IT...LOL.

THOSE WERE THE GOLDEN DAYS OF RAP...I REMEMBER THEIR WERE SO MANY GOOD CD'S...DURING THAT TIME...ME AND MY BOYS WOULD WALK INTO MUSIC PLUS OR SAM GOODY'S...AND THE CD'S WOULD HAVE THESE LIL RACK THINGS AROUND THEM...AND WE WOULD PUT LIKE TEN ON EACH ARM AND ACT LIKE WE WERE GONNA PAY FOR THEM, THEN RUN OUT... WITH LIKE TWENTY CD'S EACH...HAHAHAHA...WHO'D OF EVER THOUGHT I COULD PRESS A FEW BUTTONS ON A PC AND HAVE EVERY ONE OF THOSE ALBUMS WITH OUT BREAKING A SWEAT...