Top 5 dead or alive

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 11, 2006
Check your sources homie, big L never went platinum, just gold. And besides, just because u go platinum doenst mean u are one of the greatest rappers of all time.

Aug 7, 2006
true true, i agree with that. lets say this much most likely your favorite artist looked up to Big L. example 2pac

Also its hard to say best since there are so many categories you feel like if it was battling killah priest and gza where the only 2 that battled Jay Z and didnt lose. but no one won tho since it went on for hours and hours

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
jmacc916 said:
Dre was already blowin up in cali before he hooked up with eazy. Him and cube were the "masterminds" behind NWA, eazy just financed it, then had dre write him a few verses so he could shine too. Eazy's first cd was written by cube and produced by dre. And lets be real homie, after the chronic dropped(which btw, WAS dre's album, not snoop's) wasnt nobody tryna hear eazy. Without dre's beats and cube's verses eazy was finished.
Dr. Dre wasn't blowin' up in Cali as a producer before NWA...Dre was simply a DJ with the Wreckin' Cru! AND, Dre didn't write shit for Eazy...Ice Cube wrote Eazy's shit. After signing to Ruthless and agreeing to join NWA, he co-produced tracks with DJ Yella, then started gettin' a little shit done for DOC and Above The Law! It wasn't until Ice Cube left, that Dre started rappin' more on the records...and it wasn't until DEATH ROW, that Dr. Dre became the producer that everybody wanted to fuck with.

The Chronic (which had Dre's name on it), was practically a compilation of Death Row artists (much like his Chronic 2001 album was with Aftermath)...and it was not written by Dre. So yes, the album had Dre on it...but those Eazy E disses were written by the Dogg...just like Dre's part on DEEP COVER was written by the Dogg.

Oh, and yes, after the CHRONIC dropped, Eazy dropped REAL MUTHAFUCKIN G'S, which was a HUGE record...so how you gonna say nobody was tryin' to hear Eazy after The Chronic dropped?? That album was slappin' and was certified double platinum.

Nov 11, 2006
Sydal said:
Oh, and yes, after the CHRONIC dropped, Eazy dropped REAL MUTHAFUCKIN G'S, which was a HUGE record...so how you gonna say nobody was tryin' to hear Eazy after The Chronic dropped?? That album was slappin' and was certified double platinum.
The bottom line is, eazy was never a "great" rapper. His solo cd's were pretty much garbage, with a few coo tracks. o yea, my bad he came out with one last effort to stay relevant after the chronic dropped, which people listened to for about 2 minutes, then put the chronic back in the tape deck. Niggaz need to stop calling every rapper that die at a young age a "great" or a "legend".

Nov 11, 2006
This will be my 3rd time sayin this..........eazy did a great thing by helping NWA get started, but his name doesnt belong in the top 5 greatest rappers of all time.

Sep 12, 2004
www.myspace.com
Dancho said:
whats wrong with Big L?
Big L is one of the greates NY Mcz fo sureee !!!
He was a member of the D.I.T.C. crew
also members of that crew are Showbiz and A.G.,Buckwild,Diamond D,Fat Joe,Lord Finesse and O.C.
Big L have 2 solo albumz Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous(1995)
and The Big Picture(2000) released after his death.
Lifestylez Ov da Poor & Dangerous is str8 classic Hip Hop albummm
^word.

jmacc if you dont know who big L you missed the boat.
one of the greatest to do it. best harlem had to offer thus far.

Apr 25, 2002
My bad, I think I messed up when I said "It's On Dr. Dre Killa" went double platinum...I think it's certified 4x platinum.

"the same records that ya makin', is payin me/muthafuck dre, muthafuck snoop, muthafuck death row/yo, and here comes my left blow/cause I'm the E-A-Z-Y-E, and, this is the season, to let the real muthafuckin g's in/you're like a kid, you found a pup and now ya dapper/but tell me where the fuck you find that anorexic rapper/talkin about who you gon' squabble wit' and who ya shoot/you're only 60 pounds, when you're wet and wearin boots"

LMAO! I'm sorry, I don't care who wrote Eazy's shit...the dude is a legend in both the business and the performance side. I know not one cat who dropped Eazy E when Dre got at him...everybody I know knocked both!

Nov 11, 2006
synical dj said:
^word.

jmacc if you dont know who big L you missed the boat.
one of the greatest to do it. best harlem had to offer thus far.
I believe i clearly stated twice that i knew who big L was and i heard his music before, it just doesnt measure up to true greats like pac and biggie. Its the majority of people on the west coast that never heard of big l, and can u blame them?? he barely went gold

Apr 25, 2002
Anaheim*Rob said:
^^I'm glad you got at him, I was about to post up something along that same line.
It's all history...some cats just don't know how it went down from the jump. Didn't Straight Off The Streetz Of Muthaphuccin' Compton also go platinum? Nobody or nothing killed Eazy's career but Eazy's own death, some folks don't realize that. It's all a matter of opinion, but I think Eazy deserves to be called a legend in this here rap shit.

Nov 11, 2006
Sydal said:
It's all history...some cats just don't know how it went down from the jump. Didn't Straight Off The Streetz Of Muthaphuccin' Compton also go platinum? Nobody or nothing killed Eazy's career but Eazy's own death, some folks don't realize that. It's all a matter of opinion, but I think Eazy deserves to be called a legend in this here rap shit.
Ok ok, we can call him a legend. But top 5 of all time?? NOT

Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
Sydal said:
I can't believe folks put Jay Z on the list. Jay Z has bitten so many lines from other cats, including Biggie. A DJ did a mix of Jay Z lines and the original lines, and it was unbelievable how much shit he jacked.

yea but his original shit is dope too. and he had a swagga you couldnt really fuck with.

but most his latest features are fuckin horrible. his new cd is coo but too laid back